Procter & Gamble Intern Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

Duplicated questions in written tests. First round was online written tests and logical test. Second round was on campus written test, third round was face-to-face interview. Candidates of different departments were arranged to test together so the competition was very keen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (London, England).

Interview

very common methodology. submit cv and cover letter on their website. you received a link for a reasoning test. it is a bit unconventional but nothing difficult. three days later i was invited to phone interview. there i failed because at the question "why are you excited about selling batteries" I did not know what to say.

Intern Interview

Interview

2 interviews in total. One 1-on-1 and One 2-on-1. The order is not fixed. Both interviews are competencies based.

Before the first interview, you will need to do a numerical, verbal and logical test on paper. If you pass on the day, you will be invited to the interview straight away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Newcastle, England) in April 2010.

Interview

I initially applied online, submitting my CV and covering letter. I then had to take two online tests consisting of a reasoning test and their "success drivers" assessment. About a month later I received an email saying I had been successful and inviting me along to their assessment day where I had to take another longer and more difficult reasoning test.
    I found out within 24 hours that I had passed this test and then was invited to have a phone interview, I again passed this stage and was informed straight away that the next stage would be face to face interviews with a senior manager. I travelled to their head offices and had my interview which lasted roughly an hour with two of their senior managers, and consisted of virtually identical questions to the phone interview. 10 days later I received a job offer.
    Apart from the initial waiting stage the whole process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have overcome a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name an occasion when someone else has been reliant on your skills or knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship so negotiation was not appropriate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

First, you need to apply online where you will have to put your CV and other personal info. Then you'll have to complete an online test with behavioral questions.
    If you pass the first round, you'll be invited to their office to complete the famous reasoning test. The test can be completed with basic math, however, make sure to manage your time, I think anxieity/pressure in the number one reason on why people fail this test.
    Third, if you pass the test you will have a first round interview with behavioral questions and also you will be asked to complete an English test (I'm in Latin America).
    Fourth, a second round interview with more behavioral questions.

All the questions have to be anserewed in the CAR system, context, accion and result. It doesn't matter if you examples sounds childish, they care about the leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about:
      Project where you were the leader.
      Project where you had to follow.
      A situation where one of your team didn't want to collaborate.
      Project that failed and what did you learn.
      A tough decision that you had to make.
      Situation where you learn a valuable lesson/skill

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2015.

Interview

The interview is very challenging, mostly competence questions. The language is English (my mother tone is not English). They will ask you about past experience, then dig deeply into this with further questions to understand clearly what you did and gained in this activity. Leadership, problem-solving, analytical mind is very important.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was at their HQ in downtown Cincinnati. There were two interviewers and we sat in the lobby. They were very friendly and asked a lot of about the resume. For most of the interview, they let you take the wheel and talk about yourself. Question 1 was tell us about yourself and why you are interested. Then they asked questions in the form of CAR, where they wanted info from my previous projects, starting with the problem, then how i approached the problem, and how I solved it (and how much money/time was saved because of my actions).

Interview Questions

• Question 1 was tell us about yourself and why you are interested. Then they asked questions in the form of CAR, where they wanted info from my previous projects, starting with the problem, then how i approached the problem, and how I solved it (and how much money/time was saved because of my actions).   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I first did the online application and the logical/reasoning test. They asked me for an interview 15 days later. It was a 30 minutes interview about my studies and why i applied to P&G. Then they have to decide if I am passing to the final interview, which is supposed to be a two hours interview face to face.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for P&G
      Which was the best idea i have ever had
      Mention the last article i remember about new technologies
      Mention a time i worked in a team, talk about the process and the tasks

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Well It was challenging a lot of off topic questions, considering I was an intern I didn't realize it would be this much. I was under the impression that this interview would be fairly easy. A large part of their process is the personality test.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

The internship application starts with you making an account at their website, where you can upload a resume, a cover letter, among other things. You will then have to answer a personality test, with a lot of situation-based questions. If you pass this, you will be invited to take a reasoning test (written) at their company.

Interview Questions

• Their personality test asks a lot of situational questions that don't really leave room for explanation.   Answer Question