Procter & Gamble

Updated 23 Nov 2014

3.4

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

2 interviews in total. One 1-on-1 and One 2-on-1. The order is not fixed. Both interviews are competencies based.

Before the first interview, you will need to do a numerical, verbal and logical test on paper. If you pass on the day, you will be invited to the interview straight away.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

I initially applied online, submitting my CV and covering letter. I then had to take two online tests consisting of a reasoning test and their "success drivers" assessment. About a month later I received an email saying I had been successful and inviting me along to their assessment day where I had to take another longer and more difficult reasoning test.
    I found out within 24 hours that I had passed this test and then was invited to have a phone interview, I again passed this stage and was informed straight away that the next stage would be face to face interviews with a senior manager. I travelled to their head offices and had my interview which lasted roughly an hour with two of their senior managers, and consisted of virtually identical questions to the phone interview. 10 days later I received a job offer.
    Apart from the initial waiting stage the whole process was very fast.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you have overcome a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name an occasion when someone else has been reliant on your skills or knowledge.   Answer Question
    It was an internship so negotiation was not appropriate

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Psychometric test followed by aptitude round whhich was followed by two interview rounds. questions were mostly from cv and behavourial interview in thier bangalore assessment centre.It was in their assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing you have ever done.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable as I was a fresher

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

I went to a university workshop by P&G and turned in my resume/applied online (which includes a reasoning test). Within the next couple of days I received an email informing me they wanted to do a phone interview. Within the following week, the interview was conducted. Approximately 3-5 days after the interview, I was informed I made it pass the first interview and they wanted me to attend the "Super Recruiting Day." The trip was about 3-4 weeks after the phone interview (Nov 14th-15th, I think.) and they said they would have another one during December. Keep in mind, these dates were for the "Super Recruiting Days" relating to the P&G Beauty Research and Development interns. The first day we just had dinner with our day hosts. The following day, they showed us around and had a lot of work shops. We also had our interview (2-3 people interviewers per room) and retook the reasoning test. Everyone was really friendly and there was A LOT OF FOOD!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • All questions for interns will be related to your resume. Know it well!! They will throw some unexpected situation-al?/behavioral questions, like "tell me about a time when ____________." Be sure to answer with CAR or STAR (same thing.) One of mine was about a time where I had to learn something difficult.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Intern Interview

The interview was very pleasant for both positions I applied for. I did two initial interviews for two intern positions, and I'm in the process of scheduling my second round interview at one of their plants. The interviewers were all great people to talk to. Make sure to ask them about their own work and the P&G company culture- they'll have a lot of good things to say.

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your response! Our interviewers are all great people! :) Most of our interviewers are directly from the function that you are applying for, so these are potentially your future colleagues ... More

The Steps:
    1) Online cognitive assessment: both tests took around an hour and a half. The first was a fit test and the other was a cognitive assessment test.
    2) Phone Interview: just the standard fit questions, why you're interested, etc.
    3) In person interview and in person cognitive assessment: another 40 to one hour cognitive assessment

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to look up general brainteasers and practice cognitive tests ahead of time   Answer Question

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Great point! We do have cognitive reasoning assessments and there are definitely a lot of similar practice activities candidates can look for online to prepare. They can also check out our practice ... More

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I talked to recruiters at the career fair in September and gave them my resume. I was told to apply online so I would be in the system. The online application involved filling out a simple Taleo form and then completing two assessments: a personality assessment and a reasoning assessment. I highly encourage people to look at the same test for the reasoning assessment and be very familiar with P&G's PVPs and whether you fit with them.

Following this, I was invited to interview at school the next month when the interviewers were coming. This interview was very behavioral, asking questions along the lines of "tell me about a time when...". Be very familiar with your resume, as they'll have a copy and will be able to know if you're not being truthful.

It was between my first interview and the second that I had a gap of about four months. I talked to my recruiter and to my interviewer, both of whom said I was at the top of the list for further consideration. In March, I was invited on-site to interview. The first night we were there, we were invited to dinner with other candidates and our interviewers (who turned out to be our bosses). The second day, we had breakfast, an introduction to the company, a tour of the building, and then an interview with two interviewers. They provide the transportation to and from the site and hotel. Any expense taken to get to the P&G site is covered, you just need to send in your receipts.

Interview Questions
    • Just all behavioral questions, nothing particularly difficult. Know your resume from start to finish.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase since it was an internship

Oct 31, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm sorry your interview process took so long! We try to make sure our hiring process is as quick as possible, but sounds like this didn't happen in your case ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

first applied online then out of no where got an email inviting me down to their office for an assessment and interview. The assessment is ridiculously hard and the interview is all behavioral questions which can be very difficult. Other than that great people and great atmosphere, very difficult company to get in to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you applied your expertise in one field to a totally different field   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2014.

P&G has a standard process where they send you an online test and then ask you over to a reasoning test. After that you go to two interviews and are made an offer.
    In my case, only after passing the test, I was told which areas they were looking for. None of them interested me. I accepted one anyway and interviewed for it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you didn't get the result you expected for your work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

They are the worst that I'ver ever head. They make an exam, that it last 60 minutes but it doesn't work. Their hiring process is so long, because they have four steps to hire.