Procter & Gamble

Getting the Interview

77 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details 2 interviews in total. One 1-on-1 and One 2-on-1. The order is not fixed. Both interviews are competencies based.

Before the first interview, you will need to do a numerical, verbal and logical test on paper. If you pass on the day, you will be invited to the interview straight away.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Newcastle, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Interview Details I initially applied online, submitting my CV and covering letter. I then had to take two online tests consisting of a reasoning test and their "success drivers" assessment. About a month later I received an email saying I had been successful and inviting me along to their assessment day where I had to take another longer and more difficult reasoning test.
I found out within 24 hours that I had passed this test and then was invited to have a phone interview, I again passed this stage and was informed straight away that the next stage would be face to face interviews with a senior manager. I travelled to their head offices and had my interview which lasted roughly an hour with two of their senior managers, and consisted of virtually identical questions to the phone interview. 10 days later I received a job offer.
Apart from the initial waiting stage the whole process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have overcome a problem.   Answer Question
  • Name an occasion when someone else has been reliant on your skills or knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship so negotiation was not appropriate

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details Starts with an on line personality test which is then followed by on campus tests and screening Interviews. There are then a set of comprehensive interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you employed your technical skills to solve a problem. You need to provide a specific situation, explain all the involved factors, how you came up with the solution and implemented it.   View Answer

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2014.

Interview Details First I took the university recruitment test. After clearing it i was called for an interview the next day. The interview was short and constituted generally behavioural questions ie related to my interests, hobbies, anything i may have done in my life that had an impact etc.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult decision you made in your life? Any decision you took that made impact on other people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was mostly excited to even be considered and selected for intern position so i accepted whatever they offered.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details Heavily behavioral. A lot of the questions are to see if you're an innovator, someone who shares their company values.

Interview Question – Greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call for the first interview a week after. Before the interview, I talked to someone who worked in the position to give me a practice interview. 2 rounds and the people were really nice and responsive.

Interview Question – How do you make decisions when you don't have all the facts?   Answer Question

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details Following an initial online test I was called to an interview at the P&G office. At the office the test results were verified by completing a similar test (including logic and reading comprehension). After the test and a company presentation I went through three interviews with hard behavioural questions. Within two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Gainesville, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in October 2013.

Interview Details Recruited from a college Career Showcase. Was called for a face to face interview the next day. From there I was put into a candidate pool consisting of students from across the country.

Interview Question – Tell a time when you made a decision as a leader and it failed completely.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details Once you send in your resume and cover letter, a recruiter will contact you and give you documents to study. They have a lengthy interview process and want you to learn their specific 3-step method to answering questions where you talk about Context, Action then Result. Just memorize 10 or so personal experience scenarios and rehearse explaining them as CAR then adapt them to all the questions. I think professional, if somewhat predictable, and well-rehearsed answers are what they are looking for so don't get too creative.

Interview Question – Their questions are really not very unexpected. They actually give you a full list of questions, but if you have CAR down it adapts to everything. Although you should also take time to learn about the company as there will be some trivia on that.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer elsewhere

Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in December 2013.

Interview Details CV screening, math, logic and personality test online, math and logic test at location, 3 interviews. The three interviews are with managers and basically all repeat the same questions. They are quite long, about 45 minutes each so it's a matter of resistance. Friendly interviewers but it's important to keep professional. They take forever to email you a response!

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Procter & Gamble

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ With the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble Intern interview questions and advice. All 77 interview reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees and interview candidates.