Procter & Gamble

Average Difficulty
81 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details 2 interviews in total. One 1-on-1 and One 2-on-1. The order is not fixed. Both interviews are competencies based.

Before the first interview, you will need to do a numerical, verbal and logical test on paper. If you pass on the day, you will be invited to the interview straight away.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Newcastle, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in April 2010.

Interview Details I initially applied online, submitting my CV and covering letter. I then had to take two online tests consisting of a reasoning test and their "success drivers" assessment. About a month later I received an email saying I had been successful and inviting me along to their assessment day where I had to take another longer and more difficult reasoning test.
I found out within 24 hours that I had passed this test and then was invited to have a phone interview, I again passed this stage and was informed straight away that the next stage would be face to face interviews with a senior manager. I travelled to their head offices and had my interview which lasted roughly an hour with two of their senior managers, and consisted of virtually identical questions to the phone interview. 10 days later I received a job offer.
Apart from the initial waiting stage the whole process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have overcome a problem.   Answer Question
  • Name an occasion when someone else has been reliant on your skills or knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship so negotiation was not appropriate

Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied for a summer internship in Paris online. After the online tests, I had one phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. After that I went to P&G to pass a written test. Following the test, I had 2 more phone/video conference interviews lasting about 1 hour each, all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you used your personal expertise to solve a problem   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details The interview process with P&G was incredibly easy going. A preview night the evening before interviews revealed that the interview would be entirely behavioral, conversational, and easy-going, which it most certainly was. Interviewers were incredibly relatable and fun to be around. Second-round interviews were composed of some of the same questions as the first round, but interviewers encouraged the use of the same answers since they were obviously good enough to get you in a second time. Unfortunately, my experience with the interview process ended after the second round, but I would definitely try again. I felt at home with the people in which I interacted.

A word of advice on the pre-interview exam - study! You can find practice tests online and on the P&G website. Take them in the exact environment in which you plan to take the real test. Your first time through, take it untamed and then time yourself each following time. If you can get yourself thinking creatively and analytically ahead of time, you will be much better off for the real deal.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you used different pieces of information to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in June 2013.

Interview Details First there is an aptitude test. If you clear that, you reach Screening Interview Phase. If you clear that, then you are eligible for three comprehensive interviews. After that, result is being announced on the basis of your performance. Interviews may be face to face, or telephony. The interviews are situation based.

Interview Questions

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in March 2013.

Interview Details Met with recruiters at a national career fair. Spoke at length with one lady who took my resume and told me to apply online and return the next day. Was scheduled for an interview that same day. Interview was basic behavioral, a lot of questions exactly from this webpage which was cool. Interviewer was sort of uncaring/condescending and I do not know why.

Interview Question – Tell me more about your independent research.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details Starts with an on line personality test which is then followed by on campus tests and screening Interviews. There are then a set of comprehensive interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you employed your technical skills to solve a problem. You need to provide a specific situation, explain all the involved factors, how you came up with the solution and implemented it.   View Answer

Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble in February 2014.

Interview Details First I took the university recruitment test. After clearing it i was called for an interview the next day. The interview was short and constituted generally behavioural questions ie related to my interests, hobbies, anything i may have done in my life that had an impact etc.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult decision you made in your life? Any decision you took that made impact on other people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was mostly excited to even be considered and selected for intern position so i accepted whatever they offered.

Interviewed at Procter & Gamble

Interview Details Heavily behavioral. A lot of the questions are to see if you're an innovator, someone who shares their company values.

Interview Question – Greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview Details Applied online and got a call for the first interview a week after. Before the interview, I talked to someone who worked in the position to give me a practice interview. 2 rounds and the people were really nice and responsive.

Interview Question – How do you make decisions when you don't have all the facts?   Answer Question

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!