Procter & Gamble

1,019 Interview Reviews

3.4

12 Month Placement Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Online logical and reasoning test (simple level of difficulty)
    3. Fast tracked to assessment centre ( assessment +interview ) Assessment same as the online test, 40 questions in 65 mins. Competency based - Behavioural Interview. 7-8 questions were asked.
    4. Assessment day

Interview Questions
    • Q. Describe a time when you had to adapt to a change in situation.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

very common methodology. submit cv and cover letter on their website. you received a link for a reasoning test. it is a bit unconventional but nothing difficult. three days later i was invited to phone interview. there i failed because at the question "why are you excited about selling batteries" I did not know what to say.

Summer Interview

I applied to join the Day in the Life of a Finance and Accounting manager and was successfully put through to the telephone interview. The interviewer was very informative, discussing what the layout would be on the phone. The questions were all competency, following P&G's success drivers and it was mainly circulated around there values. After that, I was successful in being invited for the event and I will get the opportunity to be interviewed again for the summer internship.

Manufacturing and Logistics Career Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Online tests are very difficult, especially the logical tests which involve puzzle solving. Recommend lots of practices before applying. Once you get to the interview, it is not that difficult. You can expect general questions such as solving a problem in a particular situation, i.e. scenario questions.

Business Analyst Interview

1 to 1 interview and typical questions such as describe a situation when you blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla... HR would go through your CV yet he was very friendly. I had six questions to answer. None of them were too difficult to answer. Still I enjoyed the interview very much.

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I applied online through P&G website, and also through my college internship program. The position was process engineering internship. The online questions were shapes in patterns and the answers seemed to me to be all based on how many sides the shapes had. there were times when colours were introduced but nothing to difficult. The interview was over the phone with an engineer, I had prepared for a HR person to interview because it seemed like that was what was going to be the case from the emails I got before hand. I was asked a lot about myself and then at the end I was asked some hypothetical problem solving questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on your own with no help, and you discovered in testing a product that it failed. How would you go about solving the problem   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Applied online. Had online tests then called to invite me to a phone interview. Competency based phone interview after applying online. Lasted around 50 minutes. Caller explained the values they look for then asked if I had examples of it. Easy to prepare for.

Interview Questions
    • When have you demonstrated your ability to listen well?   Answer Question
    n/a

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Application through the Day in a Life of a Finance and Accounting Manager Scheme. You send a cover letter (really optional, unless you have odd gaps in your CV) and a CV. Then there are some odd questions about achievements in school etc, and then a set of shape based IQ questions - Raven's Matrices.

I then had a phone interview, for which I was given 24 hours notice. I imagine this would have been negotiable if necessary - they suggested an interview 1 hour after they called, which I pushed forward to the next day.

I was then invited to interview. The first day is technically non-assessed and consists of some talks by senior staff, some role plays, and a 2 hour case study. You then present the case study to senior members of staff. There is then a dinner in the evening - get a good night's sleep before hand it is a VERY long day! (8:30am to 10:30pm, talking pretty much solidly).

The next day there are repeats of the IQ tests, plus verbal and numerical reasoning. I believe these are usually done the previous day. If you fail these you are sent home.

Then you have 2 interviews. The first, in the morning, is with one interviewer, and the second, in the afternoon is with two.

Both are fairly similar, competency based interviews. I was asked about the most difficult challenge i had faced, and a time when I had failed, as well as various other normal ones - when I had led a team etc etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult challenge I had faced, and when I had failed.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

R&D Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble in November 2014.

Very short and easy application process relative to other schemes I've applied to. Firstly, a fairly basic online application form. No capability-based questions, nothing time consuming, just simple questions about you and your education. Next step was the standard online tests, of which I believe there to have been two. This follows the published process on the company website, however subsequent steps differed significantly. Specifically, I was invited to an event at my university campus (which was great, no effort required) where I had to sit a 65 minute numerical test. Nothing unusual, same format as the online version. They will check ID to make sure you are who you say, and you are notified of success/failure immediately afterwards (they ask you to leave the room for ten minutes or so). I had my interview directly afterwards, which was with two members of the R&D team. This was my final step; unlike what is outlined on the website, I had one interview in total, not initial and final; this was because two independent opinions were formed in one go, a requirement for employment with P&G (they each make their own minds up separately and compare afterwards). The most important advice I can give regarding the interview would be not to worry about researching the company, market shares, brands etc too much. Unlike other interviews, I was not asked a single question about the company or why I wanted to join it, so know the very basics but not much more is required. The entire hour or so was spent discussing 9 examples of behaviours they wanted evidence of; they would generally ask for two examples per desired competence. Specifically, I was asked about when I'd shown leadership, overcome obstacles, shown drive and motivation, suffered a setback and persevered, etc. It's all in line with their three principles, agility of mind etc, discussed in depth on the website, but once again you don't need to know them. Very much about your experiences, not what you know, nothing technical whatsoever. Know what you've done, and what you learned from it. I heard back three weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of when you've successfully delivered a result when working with someone who didn't like you, or who you didn't like.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, salary was very generous for an internship position.

Senior Engineer R&D Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Via an internship. Internships are a very common method for P&G to recruit to R&D and seems a mutually satisfactory process. The interviews for the internship was quite demanding and focussed and all applicants had to pass a basic reasoning test. Once the job offer was made there was a choice as to location and start date.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer was mostly focussed on understanding examples of personal initiative with very little asked about the company or the line of business.   Answer Question