Procter & Gamble

Updated 1 Mar 2015
1,048 Interview Reviews

3.4

Intern Interview

Duplicated questions in written tests. First round was online written tests and logical test. Second round was on campus written test, third round was face-to-face interview. Candidates of different departments were arranged to test together so the competition was very keen.

Customer Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

There are 5 stages to the P&G application process. As P&G often hires it graduates from the interns, you have to go through the full 5 stages to get an internship at P&G. The best interns get a job offer on the last day of their internship. This is based on their culture fit with the company, quality of their 3 projects and how they performed in the mid-term and final review (in-front of 3 managers).

After passing the CV selection and online test stages, you will have your first telephone interview. This will be competency based (as all P&G interviews). Here you will we asked question about your CV and experiences (tell me about a time you showed initiative, leadership, faced a difficult problem, etc.) This will be with a sales person so make sure that you have some sales related questions at the end.

After this interview, you will have the assessment test at the P&G office. Which is not difficult but the time you get is very short. So practise online before you take it. Depending on whether your pass or fail this test you will enter the last 2 stages of the application process, two final interviews. The first interview is with a panel of 2 or 3 managers and the second interview is with a senior manager. These interviews are very similar and will again focus on competency based questions, make sure you know the P&G success drivers very well and can provide personal examples for each of them. I didn't get any P&G related question, they really focus on who you are and what you have learned from your experiences. Just be honest, have relevant examples and answer their question in a structured manner (STAR or CAR approach) and you will be fine. And of course ask questions at the end of the interview and know why you want to do sales. The whole interview process is very professional and they will make you feel comfortable, so no worries.

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me about a time you showed leadership
      - Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem
      - Tell me about a time you failed
      - Tell me about a time you had to deal with limited resources
      - Tell me about a time you had to take different perspectives into account to solve a problem

Manufacturing and Supply Chain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Online application. followed by reasoning online tests. Then invited to first round interview
    Paper based Reasoning Test (similar to online version) easy if you have practices
    competency based interview after lunch. Interviewers are friendly and encouraging

Interview Questions
    • when you changed your strategy during a project
      when you apply a strategy you learned to another project

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

- Paper based Reasoning Test at the university (currently you can do it online... i think)
    - Online Test -> competency, fit with organisation culture
    - Screening Interview -> with two senior managers.
    - Comprehensive Interview -> with four senior managers

Interview Questions
    • - How did you manage your difficult time, handling many complicate tasks at once ?
      - Manage the team that all members have a very strong personality... How? and if you counter with the setback, how did you manage that? Give an example
      - Describe the extracurricular activities that you did during your undergrad

Please make sure that you have a very solid example (2 at least) when you do an interview with the company.

12 Month Placement Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Online logical and reasoning test (simple level of difficulty)
    3. Fast tracked to assessment centre ( assessment +interview ) Assessment same as the online test, 40 questions in 65 mins. Competency based - Behavioural Interview. 7-8 questions were asked.
    4. Assessment day

Interview Questions
    • Q. Describe a time when you had to adapt to a change in situation.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Procter & Gamble.

very common methodology. submit cv and cover letter on their website. you received a link for a reasoning test. it is a bit unconventional but nothing difficult. three days later i was invited to phone interview. there i failed because at the question "why are you excited about selling batteries" I did not know what to say.

Summer Interview

I applied to join the Day in the Life of a Finance and Accounting manager and was successfully put through to the telephone interview. The interviewer was very informative, discussing what the layout would be on the phone. The questions were all competency, following P&G's success drivers and it was mainly circulated around there values. After that, I was successful in being invited for the event and I will get the opportunity to be interviewed again for the summer internship.

Manufacturing and Logistics Career Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Online tests are very difficult, especially the logical tests which involve puzzle solving. Recommend lots of practices before applying. Once you get to the interview, it is not that difficult. You can expect general questions such as solving a problem in a particular situation, i.e. scenario questions.

Business Analyst Interview

1 to 1 interview and typical questions such as describe a situation when you blabla blabla blabla blabla blabla... HR would go through your CV yet he was very friendly. I had six questions to answer. None of them were too difficult to answer. Still I enjoyed the interview very much.

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

I applied online through P&G website, and also through my college internship program. The position was process engineering internship. The online questions were shapes in patterns and the answers seemed to me to be all based on how many sides the shapes had. there were times when colours were introduced but nothing to difficult. The interview was over the phone with an engineer, I had prepared for a HR person to interview because it seemed like that was what was going to be the case from the emails I got before hand. I was asked a lot about myself and then at the end I was asked some hypothetical problem solving questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on your own with no help, and you discovered in testing a product that it failed. How would you go about solving the problem   View Answer