Providence Health & Services

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Providence Health & Services in May 2013.

Interview Details I had to seek out a recruiter because my job remained under consideration. The first interview was general with a lot of behavior questions " tell me a time when". The department manager and clinical manager were both present. I was called back for a second interview a week later to meet other key staff I would be working with if hired. I was called back by the recruiter late on a Friday a week later with and offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation when you disagreed with you supervisor what happened and what were the results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could have negotiated some but didn't

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I interviewed at Providence Health & Services in February 2013.

Interview Details Group interview with supervisor and peers.

Interview Question – What did I do with a patient that was beyond expectations for my position?   View Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Providence Health & Services.

Interview Details Contacted by e-mail by unit manager. Arranged interview with her and then group interview with other staff nurses. Typing test administered at that time. Job offer the next day via e-mail.

Interview Question – Select interview process is used. Other questions by staff nurses included some to assess critical thinking skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No ability to negotiate salary.

Social Worker Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Providence Health & Services in June 2013.

Interview Details Got a call from the hiring manager two days after submitting application. Interviewed two days later. The interview was entirely behavioral. All of the questions are based on past experiences. The hiring manager told me about the interview style during our initial phone conversation, so I was more than prepared. The questions were job specific, but I believe they use the behavioral style of interview throughout the company. An example question might be: "Talk about an experience where you've dealt with conflict in the work place and how you responded". I received an offer from a recruiter within a week and began the on-boarding process. The hiring manager remained in contact throughout the entire process. The background checks, drug test, health screen, etc takes at least a couple of weeks following an official offer.

Interview Question – The questions were predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were with the recruiter, which made it less awkward than negotiating with the supervisor. The recruiter made an offer, I asked for more than I was actually expecting to get, but they met me above the middle mark, which was a nice surprise.

IT Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Providence Health & Services in January 2010.

Interview Details Phone intereeview followed by panel interview. Pre difined questions not related to work just to measure fir in work envirbnment.

Interview Question – How do you deal with confilicts?   Answer Question

Data Analyst II Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Providence Health & Services in June 2010.

Interview Details I received a call to schedule a phone screen. Basic questions just going over your resume and specific experience. Then I was asked to come in for an interview. This was with the manager of the department and a high ranking Analyst, it took me about 1hr 45mins to complete the interview w/ Q&A. I was told it would take about 3 week to figure out if there would be a job offer or another interview with the director, but less than a week and I received an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They called me and offered me the job, and said HR would be in touch with me with the next steps. I did not negotiate because it was more than I thought I would make and what other pay sites said I was worth based on my experience

Clinical Analyst Interview

Clinical Analyst
Portland, OR (US)

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Providence Health & Services in February 2010.

Interview Details Started off with an initial phone call with the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was informal and consisted of 4 people who asked a battery of questions about work experience, career goals, and a general explanation of the position. After the phone interview, waited about two weeks before being invited for a 10+ person panel interview. The day before the interview, I was introduced to the IT team and sat in a steering like committee. Everyone was very pleasant and nice. The panel interview was very formal and everyone had a packet of behavioral and situational questions. This was very difficult but I was given as much time to think and answer the questions. At the end of the formal questions, it was an open session for everyone to ask their own questions. Overall, the interview went well but I do have to emphasize it was a little nerving. The work environments (hospitals) seemed pleasant but office space was lacking. Job position that was offered had lots of opportunity to learn various programming languages, improve on current systems, build database, build new relationships with clinical departments, and so forth. People are very nice. Programs/languages/systems: Centricity, McKesson, HTML, JAVA, UNIX, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve any issues.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Providence Health & Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Providence Health & Services interview questions and advice in Portland, OR. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Providence Health & Services employees and interview candidates.