Prudential Interview Questions

2.7

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential in April 2009.

At the job fair. Mass Mutual mentioned that they are offering salary based first year advisors between 55-65k, car, bonus, benefits package, health insurance or more. Does anyone out there currently work as a first year agent? How do you like it? The sales manager quoted, "Some of our first year agents make $110k." They've done very well.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be good for this position?   View Answer

small salary

STD Claims Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Prudential.

Called for a phone interview first and then an on site interview. Was a basic interview and very easy questions. Phone interview lasted about 5 minutes and interview about 30m. Was made an offer while driving home from the interview.

Interview Questions
    • basic interview questions such as: name a time you had to give unfavorable news and how did you overcome this.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Agent Interview

Group Hiring Process. A lot of time selling the company. Utilized a screening software to determine if someone was aggressive enough. Everyone was very cordial and high energy. The Interviewer did make a point to everyone to discuss this opportunity with their spouse and how important it was for a total commitment. Also indicated that there was about a 90% drop out rate within a year.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the financial backing for the building phase.   Answer Question

No Salary and did not have monies set aside for the building process

Sales Training Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Prudential.

Prudential put me through an in person series of interviews. The HR recruiter told me that I was the only candidate and it turns out, I was one of six candidates for a half day series of interviews. I took a day off from work and drive 4 hours to their Hartford office and stayed over night - they paid for my hotel and meal expenses. The recruiter asked me to do two writing assignments and submit them prior to the interview and do a work style assessment to see if I was a good culture fit. Be careful of companies who ask you to do a written assignment - they are just using you for their own benefit of free work...I worked for three days to make perfect so they would see how competent I am because I thought I was the top candidate and it was the final round of interviews. That was sooo not true.

I met with four people in the department. They seemed nice but none of the four had any sales training experience - I am a seasoned sales training leader and bring deep experience.

They declined me without even progressing me to the next round saying that the person they hired was a sales professional in the industry and they would learn how to do training.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any difficult questions just the writing assignments.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Prudential.

Interviewed on campus originally where I was asked about general behavioral questions. We went over my resume and was asked to elaborate on some of my resume points. Later we had a random discussion about an online website I used and how his wife and son were addicted to the same site. I didn't hear back for like 3 weeks and then received a call to come in the next day. The on site interview was two 30min interviews with two people at the time. The next day I got the offer. Never had a technical question.

None

Senior Associate, Actuarial Interview

one round of phone interview, on site interview with 5 people. Better to get internal referral to increase the success rate. Interview is half half on behavior question and technical questions.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warwick, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Prudential in September 2014.

First met recruiter at a job fair, then filed out a fairly detailed application online. After completion of application I had to complete a sales assessment online. After I completed the assessment I did not hear anything for three weeks, then I received a random call from the recruiter offering me an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer from another financial firm.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Prudential.

Interview with HR recruiter, training manager and sales manager. Both training manager and sales manager pretend that they are the Principal, but neither is, and you probably won't meet the branch principal for months. If you can meet the background check requirements (ie) you are not a convicted felon still on probation; and you say you can pay for your training upfront, and also say that you are willing to sell the 5 policies to your family and friends; you will get accepted. Pru is making money off of you and you will have to pay them for your series 6 and 63 exams, and for email access, etc... They don't tell you that the 5 accounts and $7500 in GDR is really about $800,000 in policy sales; and those 5 family and friends who you convince to help you out to get a new job will never speak to you again; after they start feeling the pinch of those high Pru premiums and service charges galore; for a policy that they can't get out of for the rest of their lives; without possibly ruining their credit.

Interview Questions
    • You have to complete a Project 200 list where you list 200 of your family and friends, and contacts that you will attempt to sale insurance to. They will ask you when and how soon you can sell as many of these people as you can sell life insurance policies too.   View Answer
    One way, and you sign an employment agreement that they will not give you a copy of (excuse is that you will get a copy after the managing principal signs off); but you will never get a copy; so you can't sue them later on.

Financial Professional Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Prudential.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to fill out an application. After doing so, I received another email asking me to complete an 88 question character assessment. The assessment covered my past experience as well as hypothetical situations that asked what would I be most/least likely to do and asked me to select from a list of choices that were generic and not particularly close to what I would actually do. No opportunity for explanation was given and "none of the above" was not an option.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything particularly difficult. The most difficult thing for me was trying to figure out the logic of the hiring process. I received an email from a recruiter, timestamped at 11:30 PM on a Monday evening, requesting that I apply. I completed the application and assessment on Tuesday afternoon and received a letter informing me that I had not been hired (via email) on Thursday morning with no explanation as to why.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative and then she placed me an a face to face interview with two senior leaders. The process was fairly quick. The HR representative called me personally to tell me that I was not chosen for the role.

Interview Questions
    • I did not expect two questions in a row about working on a team where conflicts needed to be resolved.   Answer Question

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!