Prudential plc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Head of IT Interview

Head of IT
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential plc in March 2010.

Interview Details Through a recruiter, 2 interviews and individual assessment centre. The initial interview was with the my prospective boss. The second interview involved an external assessor and the assessment centre was an external assessment.

Interview Question – assessment centre was very intensive   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Human Resources Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Prudential plc.

Interview Details Prudential has a rigorous interviewing process for corporate roles. Met with 6 different HR people (no business stakeholders). No assessments were given. Only behavioral questions. I didn't negotiate directly with them as I worked with an executive search firm.

Interview Question – You have never worked in financial services before. How do you plan to catch up on industry knowledge if we do decide to hire you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a better offer somewhere else.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Prudential plc

Interview Details I applied for the job in response to their advert for some extra experience. I went and was given very good treatment by everyone, but was abit talked down to by the interviewer, who was offended at my assumption that Prudential was mainly in the business of life insurance. He probably felt pretty inferior because of my short response.

Interview Question – What does the marketing executive do besides selling insurance products?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I just wanted an option, but it did not fit what I want.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Prudential plc in April 2014.

Interview Details I only got to round 2 of the process but generally, they includes: 1. Test (Verbal, Numerical, Oral) 2. Interview 3.Group Discussion 4.Interview with Directors

Interview Question – What is the most difficulty to you?
Do you have any foreign friend?
  Answer Question

Insurance Executive Interview

Insurance Executive
Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Prudential plc in September 2010.

Interview Details Personal screening, typing test, apptitude test, ops round.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question were asked. If your qualification & skill matched as per requirements, you are selected.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Prudential plc in July 2013.

Interview Details Met with the hiring manager on Monday. He was very nice and great at explaining all that they had to offer. He described the hierarchy as one that is great to work with. My second interview was that Friday. I met with the managing director, he was also very nice, but not as enthusiastic. I have almost 20 years experience in the industry and I kind of felt like he viewed me as a newbie. He liked that I had a client base but wasn't sure about how it would work. I left feeling like it would be a promising company but that he wants me to prove myself as opposed to expecting certain things.

Interview Question – We recruit people who want to spend their lives with us we would expect that kind of commitment from you? Can you see yourself with us long term?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Prudential plc

Interview Details There was one point of contact through out the interview process. I felt that I was being mentored! Over the 4 rounds of interview, the level of depth into skills and expertise was very impressive. The questions made you think, and were very focused and sharp. The interviewers very intense yet warm. Overall, a near perfect process.

Interview Question – Why is it important for you to live with your spouse?!   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Prudential plc.

Interview Details It comes in many many forms, but the bottom line is the same

Before entering the interview, know what a successful interview looks like:

1) Not offered - means you fail to be able to be trained to pass a finance exam and sell
2) Offered the financial advisor job: Succeeded, but they don't need you
3) Offered both financial advisor job and monthly salary option: They kinda want you.

Any answer (even if in the form of actions in a finance game or whatever you're being asked to do must show

- Aggressive passion
- Ability to be professional
- Arithmetic

Show those 3 things. You surely get to (2), unfortunately, to get to (3) is less clear..

Interview Question – Only: why do you want the job is hard.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Assurance

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Prudential plc in August 2010.

Interview Details 1.Tell me about yourself
2. What are the business opportunity in insurance industry regarding the fact that hong kong is the gateway to china?
3. How do you see yourself in the coming 5 years?
4. What is time management ?

Interview Question – What is Financial Planning ?   Answer Question

Assistant Director - Regional Head of Network Infrastructure Interview

Assistant Director - Regional Head of Network Infrastructure

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Prudential plc in June 2010.

Interview Details I was told they were very selective in the screening and pre-screening phase.

In addition to the C.V., I had to answer a lengthy and detailed questionnaire on my job experiences and professional skills. This felt like a first interview. I was subsequently told by the recruiter that getting to the actual in-person interview stage was an accomplishment in itself.

The interview process was very efficient and pleasant. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and H.R. at the same time. The response and feedback from the interview was almost immediate. Unfortunately, we did not appear to be a good fit for each other. I was disappointed in the result but pleased with the experience.

Interview Question – How do you think this position fits in with your career plans?   View Answer

Worked for Prudential plc? Contribute to the Community!