Public Storage Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2015

2.5

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Brief. And the manager told me I couldn't get benefits until 3 months which was a lie. By the time I applied they told me I waited too long and had to wait another year for open enrollment.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Applied online, immediately got an email requesting a phone interview. The lady made me feel really relaxed and then I was then referred for the next phone interview. The whole process was easy. It involves 2 phone interviews followed by and in-house interview with the manager. They are seeing if you listen and if you can carry a conversation.

Relief Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Interview was short and rushed as i was not the only applicant. They hired me and 2 other people at the same time. There isn't much to tell, standard questions. Was 3 years ago, I've slept since then...

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

They ask about your strengths and weaknesses and what your prior boss would say about you. You have to have a current DL and transportation to work here. Good working hours 9:30 am - 6 pm.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was very lengthy ( 1 1/2 hrs), so be prepared. Based on the employees I saw, the company presents a very blue collar image. The man who gave me a tour of the facility was very adamant about the job security. Offered by the company. Anyone who wants to work for public storage should be self aware, practical, organized and responsible.

Interview Questions

• what extra curriculum activities where you involved in during high school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The pay will increase by .50¢ after 6 months.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage.

Interview

Public Storage likes to think that they have a detailed interview process, however they simply follow the "A" Method interview guide. They complete a phone screen with you and if you pass the phone screen you will meet for an in person interview where they follow "A" Method. Simply look this up prior to your interview and you will be well prepared--there is a book if you really want go overboard. It's a chronological interview and they are looking for three high points and low points--they begin with your time in high school, college, and your job history. If they like you they will send you for a "DM Ride Along" where you will spend a few hours with a local District Manager. The DM will send them a report of what they think and again, if they like you they will pass you on to the Divisional VP, and they will prep you for that interview. IF the Divisional VP approves they will send you to California to interview with the COO. Again...if they like you, but they don't think you will do well with the COO they will spend a few hours prepping you for that interview. Kind of a joke...

Interview Questions

• Honestly there are no difficult questions because they follow the set plan for "A" Method. You can nail it if you are prepared. They are just looking for you to respond and give them three pluses and three negatives. Experience used to be a requirement, but they have really dropped that in favor of a much younger audience. If you are 35 and over you need not apply as you are not what they are looking for at this time. The trend is to hire right out of college with little or no experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The salary and bonus program are fixed and will not be changed.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Public Storage (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online .Get phone interview if passed get called in face to face.
    You meet Dm and Regional manager for last two interviews.
    Background check,Drug,references,call past employers.
    That's basic it in a nutshell

Interview Questions

• What opportunity did you have on your last job 2 negatives,Then asked 2 positives   Answer Question

Resident Property/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Public Storage (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

A friend got hired and told me to go and check them out because they were really cool. I decided what the heck. I got to meet the District Manager who was new and we started discussing my background in storage. I had worked for another company so we just compared notes. I remember when I went back to get my drug test form I was in shorts and I apologized for dressing unprofessionally the DM said "he wished he was in shorts too.

Interview Questions

• Everything was expected. I know now they ask you to sell them a pen during the interview,   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a job I didn't care if they hired me. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Relief Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Public Storage (Plymouth Meeting, PA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied to Public Storage and got called for a phone interview. Once i passed the phone screen, i was asked to come down for a face-to-face interview with the DM. The regional manager also happened to be on location and decided to interview me at the same time. (Otherwise i wouldve been given a phone screen by him and an additional face-to-face interview) they were amazing! Laid out their plans for me, told me exactly why they needed me and asked me plenty of personal questions, to learn more about who i am as a person. I was very lucky, i got a job offer right on the spot! Needless to say, i was very happy, i felt like my accomplishments had finally been acknowledged by a company. Im very excited for what lies ahead! Within a week, igot hired and completed my background and DT . today is my first day!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you really felt like you couldve done something better or differently but you didnt.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great. He explained compensation,benefits, and future opportunities.

District Manager Public Storage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Public Storage (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Smooth and well run but a very long day of final interviews. I did well - but I'm good at interviewing and even I became exhausted saying the same thing over and over again. Questions in all interviews were very similar so it became repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Many questions on weaknesses. More than an average interview...   Answer Question