Publix Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014
Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.0

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Publix.

2 interviews, if you get called back for a second interview you pretty much have the job. Applied at a kiosk, it helps to know people that work there, they ask you a few very normal interview questions and in some cases they might ask you to sell something to them. For example they'll tell you to sell a stapler to them because they want to make sure you are competitive and aggressive at sales

Interview Questions
    I suggest negotiating with the highest amount you were paid at your last place of work, they will start you off with more if you have experience at another deli

Bakery Clerk Interview

talked to manager, he seemed interested in my resume but i never got a call back it has been about three weeks now, i was excited to work for this company as well. but i never got an offer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

Applied in-store at Job Application Kiosk and multiple locations in the area received my application. Interview was about on-time and It was with the Store Manager. He was very relaxed and personal. It seems like they really want to know about you. 2 days later i received a call with a job offer and a time to come in for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel working in customer service with no experience?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

Deli Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

I applied in store on the machine. The next day they called me asking for an interview on Monday since I applied Friday. Monday came and it was a very long interview. About 40 mins long. The manger was very nice but he did ask a lot of questions on customer service. Every possible question he could ask. So make sure you try to answer them all. He especially asks about how would you handle angry customers and why should you even bother making them happy

Interview Questions
    • Why is important to give customers the best experience at publix?   Answer Question
    Be very confident

Part Time Cashier Interview

In order to be considered for an interview at Publix, you must fill out an application at one of the stores. The application process may take 1 hour total. The interviewing process is fairly simple. Meet with the store manager and go over your resume.

Warehouse Selector, Charts, Part Time, A M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Publix in October 2014.

I applied online just because i didn't think i would get an interview but about 3 weeks later, my store manager at Publix called me into her office to give me a paper saying i have am interview should i choose to accept. I acepted it because it couldn't hurt to get the experience. The interview was real easy and layed back and pretty much, the questions asked were in relation to detail and stacking pallets and for the most part, i didnt have any difficult questions because i was already a stock clerk in the grocery department at publix, so i prettt much assumed i was getting the job. The hours were Sat, Sun, Mon, and sometimes Tues, 4am to whenever, starting at 13 an hour until 3 months in which i can choose the SIP pay. About 4 days later, they notified my store manager that i got a second interview for a physical agility test meaning i got the job if i pass the test. I turned that interview down though becuase i got a job at the publix corporate office and whod pick a warehouse job over an office job. This guy who interviewed me told me this is a difficult job with a high turnover rate and people usually leave within a year or get fired.

Interview Questions

I declined because it wasnt the worth the risk of losing my career at publix if im not a fast enough worker and i didnt want to be in a hot warehouse all day for long hours. Its a very strenuous job and puts a beating on your body but the pay is good. Main reason i declined was to accept the corporate position i was offered. Well worth it for a more stable job but its a lot harder to get into corporate.

Grocery Clerk Interview

We had to apply on a kiosk and where called in about 2 weeks later. They did a very quick interview in their office. Generally when they call you back you've got the job. Once I had the job we had to watch a bunch of safety videos and take a 6-8 hour course on a Sunday before we got the job.

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Publix.

The application and interview process is very streamlined. If they schedule you for an interview then they want to hire you. Just dress conservatively and try not to talk too much. Research the company in places like this before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was particularly difficult or unexpected. "Why do you want to work here" is probably the make or break question.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Publix.

She was very nice and easy going, made jokes it was really relaxed. Basically we talked about skills important to the job. We went to the back room and she asked me questions like how quickly I could work, and if I could work nights.