Publix Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.0

Baker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Publix.

The application and interview process is very streamlined. If they schedule you for an interview then they want to hire you. Just dress conservatively and try not to talk too much. Research the company in places like this before the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was particularly difficult or unexpected. "Why do you want to work here" is probably the make or break question.   Answer Question

Front Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Very easy interview process, don't even have to dress nice for the interview. Fist you fill out your application on the computer then they will call you back in about a week with an interview with the manager then you will be offered the job in the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just basic questions that any can answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Bagger Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Publix.

She was very nice and easy going, made jokes it was really relaxed. Basically we talked about skills important to the job. We went to the back room and she asked me questions like how quickly I could work, and if I could work nights.

Customer Service Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I applied at an application fair that Publix was holding. It was held in a hotel lobby as the store was not finished being built. Within 72 hours of applying, I was called by Publix to set up an interview time. I then went for my interview. Within 48 hours of the interview, I was asked to come back for a second interview to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you bring to the table that would benefit Publix?   Answer Question

Bagger/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Publix in September 2014.

I filled out an application In-store and then went home and called I spoke with a manager at the store and went to the store and gave her my resume and I recueved a call 2 weeks later and I went in for an interview and the next day got a second interview and got hire on the spot and did a drug test

Warehouse Selector Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Publix.

I showed up 15 minutes early and was interviewed right away. I was not given a time frame of when I would know whether I earned the job but I'm qualified and think I did well. The process was very friendly and more of a laid back style. No questions asked are really difficult. Learn somethings about Publix's background and you will do well.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you do everyday that shows your attention to detail.   Answer Question

Publix Associate Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Publix.

There were 3 positions available and I was one of 6 candidates interviewing. The interview took about 30-45 minutes and the hiring manager went through several short pages of questions. Some were a bit ridiculous but was an overall good experience. Was told the decision would be made by the next day and would only be notified if I were being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best compliment you've received from someone?   Answer Question

Assistant Meat Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Publix.

All I had to do was submit an application and wait for a response from the employer. When I was called in he asked me if I was good with people, and if I could follow directions, and work hard. When he was done asking questions I took a drug test and that was it.

Grocery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Publix in August 2014.

I went in filled out an application on the kiosk and spoke to the manager. Since it was Friday, he asked me to come into the store on Monday morning for an interview. On Monday, we spoke for about an hour. We talked about Publix's company culture, and he asked several standard interview questions. The interview was not difficult at all, and was a good interview process for this type of position. He wanted to know why I wanted to work at Publix, and if I'd had previous experience. My interviewer was a longtime employee there, and he was very knowledgeable about the company's history, their expansions throughout the Southeast, and their policies and procedures. He was friendly and we talked about colleges, and sports. I was offered a part-time job in the interview, and I accepted. Basically Publix wants you to be courteous, conscientious; and to care about your work. If you are a reasonably good employee, you should do fine during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   View Answer
    I was offered a fair wage, and I accepted w/o negotiation.

Grocery Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Publix in August 2014.

I interviewed at Publix with an MBA. I applied in store, spoke to a manager, and received a call-back for an interview in about 3 weeks. The managers who interviewed me spoke about the company culture and values. They asked me what my expectations were by interviewing for a position. They were friendly yet professional. They were very appreciative of my time. Very Straightforward. Asked qualitative behavioral question. They asked about strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing that frustrates you into future success.   Answer Question
    Do not negotiate.

Worked for Publix? Contribute to the Community!