Purdue University

Very Easy Interview

Academic Resource Guide Interview

Academic Resource Guide
West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Purdue University in April 2013.

Interview Details The interview process is pretty simple. You are selected from online applicants and select an interview slot. The interview is face-to-face and is about 25 minutes. Most questions are behavioral. They may ask things to get to know you personally and determine if you are a good fit.

Interview Question – They may ask what you know about the program and I would be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The job offer is pretty standard so there is no need for a negotiation process.

Very Easy Interview

Electronics Technician VIII Interview

Electronics Technician VIII
West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details The more you have to offer them that they can use and not pay you for the better your odds will be for getting the job. Strong computer skills are almost a must. Job could lead to a programmers position.

Interview Question – They ask the usual questions, above and beyond, difficult situation, standard questions.   Answer Question

Facility Attendant Interview

Facility Attendant
West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Purdue University in February 2013.

Interview Details 1. What's your leadership style. 2. Do you have any past working experience in the related area. 3. What's your teamwork spirit. 4. Why do you think you are competent of working here. 5. What's the most important quality you nee to work here. 6. Ask a question to the interviewers

Interview Question – Ask the interviewer a question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Purdue University in April 2014.

Interview Details Initial interview on the phone - 4 people on the call. Lasted about 45 minutes, I believe. Second interview was a "panel interview" lasting two hours - one with peers (6 people I'd be working with directly), one with the management team (3 people). Peers went first. They each took turns asking questions, and after I answered each one, they wrote notes down. They left, and the management team came in and did the same. It wasn't a bad or necessarily intimidating process. I enjoyed the people I interviewed with. But you should definitely eat beforehand, and maybe bring a bottle of water with you. My interview was first thing in the morning, and I kind of faded in the second hour.

Interview Question – "What does success look like?" It was kind of an oddly stated question.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details English proficiency for international student. Presentation was given during the English course required for people not passing the English proficiency test. The PhD annual review must be at least satisfactory to get the offer. But when the more positions are available than the number of candidates, one can get it without such requirement.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Purdue University in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied to the job online and was contacted about a month later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was panel interview (4 people) and no difficult questions were asked. A few days later I was contacted and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I flew in from out of town the night before, and had a full day of interviews (panel and 1:1) and campus tours the next day. A few days later, I was offered the job.

Reason for Declining – While the people I would have been working for were wonderful and would have been very supportive and collaborative, I felt the job was a "step-down" as far as responsibilities, instead of an advancement. The salary was also significantly lower than other similar roles at other universities.

Shipping & Receiving Clerk Interview

Shipping & Receiving Clerk

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details Getting through the initial cut was annoying. For Purdue's automated system, I had to submit a 5 page resume in order to make sure that I had all the keywords.

Grad Student, Teaching Assistant Interview

Grad Student, Teaching Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details Part of acceptance package

Interview Question – none were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
West Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Purdue University.

Interview Details I had no interview.. just an informal meeting with my advisor... was asked my interests and area of expertise.

Interview Question – I had no interview.. just an informal meeting with my advisor... was asked my interests and area of expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

Interviewed at Purdue University

Interview Details Just an online application, no interview. Same application as all of the other schools. They inform the people who get accepted first around mid-February, and then it seems that they start to accept others until April 15 as they get some people declining their offers. This is pretty standard for most graduate programs.

Interview Question – Probably the personal statement...   Answer Question

Worked for Purdue University? Contribute to the Community!