PwC Accountant Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2014

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Employee contacted me and I sent my resume including my college transcripts. Phone interview followed. Basic questions about the company. The interviewer gave more of a description about the job. Was called in for a 1 on 1 interview after. Met with a few managers.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a problem you faced and how did you sollve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

At first there was a phone interview in which i was asked basic personality questions. Then on the 1:1 interview, i was presented with detailed math and analytical questions and i had to answer those correctly. with the group interview i got to meet other candidates and prepare a presentation.

Accountant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2009.

I felt the interview process was very unfair. I wasn't given the opportunity to discuss my experience and suitability for the role in any great detail. The interviewer had made up his mind early in the interview that I wasn't going to be hired and I don't think I could have done anything to change his mind.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Overall, the experience you get with PwC is going to be very professional, which reflects upon their culture. Nice people, but not particularly warm. I interned there over the summer, and did not enjoy my engagement team. I am actually very torn between Deloitte and PwC as one has better culture and the later has a larger client base in New York (and the Mid town location is not bad either)
    They definitely ask you a lot of questions that are related to the current economic trends just to see if you have been keeping up. Comparing to other firms, their interview questions focused less on the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think caused today's economic meltdown? Do you think stricter regulation will prevent that?   Answer Question