PwC

Average Difficulty
68 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manchester, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Interview Details Missed the first intake on a new programme but was contacted to re-apply for the second intake. Fairly standard but reasonably rigorous process of online application form + sumitting CV then a round of online testing (numerical and spatial) followed by a competency-based telephone interview followed by a half day assessment centre consisting of more testing (but this time harder and included verbal reasoning), a group exercise, a written exercise and an interview with two senior managers.

Interview Question – Demonstrate where you have shown integrity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate beyond the initial offer but in hindsight probably could have gotten an extra £1K out of them - they try and stick to salary bandings fairly strictly from what I can see. To be fair, they offered me more than the going rate in recognition that I was earning significantly more at the time. PwC leverages it's brand heavily and in my experience the recruitment contact was reasonably aggressive - I took my time to decide whether I wanted to accept the offer given it was a sizeable drop in salary and it was pointed out to me that there would be plenty more people lining up for the job if I didn't want it. PwC generally under-pays or rather, doesn't pay top of the market but in recognition of offering you a great place to work which to a large extent is true - everyone is generally very nice and there are opporrunities there but it's up to you to seize them.

Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details I went through two interview processes. One was a phone interview and then I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview included 3 behavioral interviews and a case interview. I thought that I nailed the entire thing, but I was not offered the position because they did not have a client for me to work on. I was sent an impersonal email from a "do not reply" email account rather than an email from the recruiter who I was corresponding with through the entire process.

Interview Question – The questions were all behavioral, and annoyingly repetitive.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details Interviewing process was unexpectedly fun and interesting. During the office interview, all the interview candidates were asked to sit the partners seat in a office, while the interviewers rotated between different interviewees. It made you comfortable and reinforce that one of PwC's core values in the importance it gives to its people

Interview Question – The most difficult question was the case style interview.   View Answer

Advisory Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Campus recruit. Submitted resume online and was called for On-campus interview. Later was asked to come for on-site interview with 3 senior people including a partner

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions with emphasis on knowing if you can hold conversations and not get phased by client demands   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for a college hire.

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details First interview was with Senior Manager and Line Manager, questioning your CV inside out, every detail of it. Questions about experiences handling issues in team environment (behavioural). Second interview was business case study with another Line Manager, pretty much testing your basic accounting skills.

Interview Question – Case study question can be very challenging, be prepared to think fast and accurate with your numbers, no calcs allowed.   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details The night before the first interview there was a dinner to get to know other interviewees and all interviewers. It wasnt mandatory but its definitely a good opportunity to get familiar with the person who will be interviewing you.

First interview was on campus by a partner. Fairly easy interview, spoke about why you would be a good fit and past experiences.

The second interview was at the desired office. I was interviewed by 3 different people, the first was similar to the interview with the partner, we spoke about past experience, why that office etc. The second interview was more of a informatory session, where the individual spoke of the department, responsibilities etc. The third was a technical interview since I applied for an ITPA position.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question had to do with data centers...cant quite remember the question.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details On Campus Recruiting. Interviewed at Career Center. The questions are all behavioral questions and no technical questions. But he did ask if I had experience with tech platform kind of stuff since the position is Tech Associate.

Interview Question – Nothing really special basically job related and resume oriented.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied via college online recruiting system. Dropped my resume online, received a first round interview in about a week, three days later was contacted with a second round interview, had the second round four days later, received an offer the next day.

Interview Question – "So, what do you want to do?"   View Answer

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Attended info session, submitted resume, got phone interview, a week later had an office visit, received an offer shortly there after. People seemed to genuinely enjoy the team spirit.

Interview Question – Phone interview was quite extensive   View Answer

Interview Details Phone interview then a follow-up face-to-face

Interview Question – Explain why consulting is right for you.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!