PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

2.8

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Missed the first intake on a new programme but was contacted to re-apply for the second intake. Fairly standard but reasonably rigorous process of online application form + sumitting CV then a round of online testing (numerical and spatial) followed by a competency-based telephone interview followed by a half day assessment centre consisting of more testing (but this time harder and included verbal reasoning), a group exercise, a written exercise and an interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions
I wasn't able to negotiate beyond the initial offer but in hindsight probably could have gotten an extra £1K out of them - they try and stick to salary bandings fairly strictly from what I can see. To be fair, they offered me more than the going rate in recognition that I was earning significantly more at the time. PwC leverages it's brand heavily and in my experience the recruitment contact was reasonably aggressive - I took my time to decide whether I wanted to accept the offer given it was a sizeable drop in salary and it was pointed out to me that there would be plenty more people lining up for the job if I didn't want it. PwC generally under-pays or rather, doesn't pay top of the market but in recognition of offering you a great place to work which to a large extent is true - everyone is generally very nice and there are opporrunities there but it's up to you to seize them.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. It took a few weeks for the whole process to complete but I applied on campus and had a final round. The people are really nice and that's the main thing they emphasize, the fit to the organization. However, be very explicit in what group you are interested in and articulate that clearly.

Interview Questions
    • Actually, nothing here at all. The most difficult one was tell me about how you solve problems. There are more concerned with getting to know you.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Nice people, all very happy to work at PwC. They expect excellence and their interview process isn't that easy but at the same time very quick. You learn if you get the offer in early November and the process starts in mid-september.

Interview Questions
    • Name an instance when you implemented a system which benefited your community as a whole.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

The PwC interview process is very efficient and fun. The process begins with on campus recruiting. They have several on campus presentations that are recommended to attend. I applied through my university's job site, and heard back two weeks later that I had been selected for first round interviews on campus. The interview was on Monday, and is very laid back and conversation like - mostly "tell me about a time where..." questions. I heard the next day that I was invited for final round interviews on-site the coming Friday. I received an email containing a case study on Wednesday and was allowed two days to prepare for Friday. On Thursday, I was put into a nice hotel for the night. On Friday morning, they allowed 1 hour of case prep time with the actual questions that we would be presenting on. They provide you with ~15 pre-printed slides that you are to use to create a hand drawn presentation. The first interview is the case interview, and you immediately jump into the role of PwC consultant while the manager jumps into the role of the client. You have 30 minutes to sell your case solutions and ask any questions you may have. Next is two 30 minute back to back behavioral interviews with a director and a partner. These are also laid back and comforting as it typically ends up being a conversation. I left the office Friday afternoon and received my offer the following Tuesday as well as a phone call from the partner I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult, most unexpected was "How do you keep up with the current global news?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation, salary is set for entry level associate.

Advisory Associate Interview

It was very easy. It was a group interview. Talked with a manager and a partner. Then we went to lunch as a group. I Got an offer on the way home.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what would keep me from working there.   View Answer
    I Didn't negotiate. It was a pretty standard offer. They gave me a month to decide.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I had a phone interview with a senior associate for one hour discussing the role, my background and the reason I am interested in this role. The call went well so the next day I was brought in for a live interview. I had an interview with an associate, a manager and a director. It was pretty strait forward.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

On campus interview (1) followed by in office final rounds (3 back to back)

One of your three final interviews will be case based. Not traditional consulting cases, since they email you a case 24 hours before your final interview. It's definitely important to read it beforehand and come prepared with "what if" scenarios. You will get 20-30 minutes to create slides on 8.5x11 sheets of paper, and then you present whatever you have. There will be major gaps in the case data, so it's crucial that you come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • One of the aspects that set me apart from other candidates was that I had a bunch of excel printouts of different scenarios I created manipulating factors (such as sales,costs,customers) and showing how the end results were effected by the changes.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Campus recruit. Submitted resume online and was called for On-campus interview. Later was asked to come for on-site interview with 3 senior people including a partner

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions with emphasis on knowing if you can hold conversations and not get phased by client demands   Answer Question
    No negotiation for a college hire.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

I went through two interview processes. One was a phone interview and then I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview included 3 behavioral interviews and a case interview. I thought that I nailed the entire thing, but I was not offered the position because they did not have a client for me to work on. I was sent an impersonal email from a "do not reply" email account rather than an email from the recruiter who I was corresponding with through the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral, and annoyingly repetitive.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First interview was with Senior Manager and Line Manager, questioning your CV inside out, every detail of it. Questions about experiences handling issues in team environment (behavioural). Second interview was business case study with another Line Manager, pretty much testing your basic accounting skills.

Interview Questions
    • Case study question can be very challenging, be prepared to think fast and accurate with your numbers, no calcs allowed.   Answer Question