PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Missed the first intake on a new programme but was contacted to re-apply for the second intake. Fairly standard but reasonably rigorous process of online application form + sumitting CV then a round of online testing (numerical and spatial) followed by a competency-based telephone interview followed by a half day assessment centre consisting of more testing (but this time harder and included verbal reasoning), a group exercise, a written exercise and an interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions
I wasn't able to negotiate beyond the initial offer but in hindsight probably could have gotten an extra £1K out of them - they try and stick to salary bandings fairly strictly from what I can see. To be fair, they offered me more than the going rate in recognition that I was earning significantly more at the time. PwC leverages it's brand heavily and in my experience the recruitment contact was reasonably aggressive - I took my time to decide whether I wanted to accept the offer given it was a sizeable drop in salary and it was pointed out to me that there would be plenty more people lining up for the job if I didn't want it. PwC generally under-pays or rather, doesn't pay top of the market but in recognition of offering you a great place to work which to a large extent is true - everyone is generally very nice and there are opporrunities there but it's up to you to seize them.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

I had a phone interview with a senior associate for one hour discussing the role, my background and the reason I am interested in this role. The call went well so the next day I was brought in for a live interview. I had an interview with an associate, a manager and a director. It was pretty strait forward.

Advisory Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

On campus interview (1) followed by in office final rounds (3 back to back)

One of your three final interviews will be case based. Not traditional consulting cases, since they email you a case 24 hours before your final interview. It's definitely important to read it beforehand and come prepared with "what if" scenarios. You will get 20-30 minutes to create slides on 8.5x11 sheets of paper, and then you present whatever you have. There will be major gaps in the case data, so it's crucial that you come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • One of the aspects that set me apart from other candidates was that I had a bunch of excel printouts of different scenarios I created manipulating factors (such as sales,costs,customers) and showing how the end results were effected by the changes.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tysons Corner, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

I went through two interview processes. One was a phone interview and then I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview included 3 behavioral interviews and a case interview. I thought that I nailed the entire thing, but I was not offered the position because they did not have a client for me to work on. I was sent an impersonal email from a "do not reply" email account rather than an email from the recruiter who I was corresponding with through the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral, and annoyingly repetitive.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interviewing process was unexpectedly fun and interesting. During the office interview, all the interview candidates were asked to sit the partners seat in a office, while the interviewers rotated between different interviewees. It made you comfortable and reinforce that one of PwC's core values in the importance it gives to its people

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the case style interview.   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Campus recruit. Submitted resume online and was called for On-campus interview. Later was asked to come for on-site interview with 3 senior people including a partner

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions with emphasis on knowing if you can hold conversations and not get phased by client demands   Answer Question
    No negotiation for a college hire.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

First interview was with Senior Manager and Line Manager, questioning your CV inside out, every detail of it. Questions about experiences handling issues in team environment (behavioural). Second interview was business case study with another Line Manager, pretty much testing your basic accounting skills.

Interview Questions
    • Case study question can be very challenging, be prepared to think fast and accurate with your numbers, no calcs allowed.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

The night before the first interview there was a dinner to get to know other interviewees and all interviewers. It wasnt mandatory but its definitely a good opportunity to get familiar with the person who will be interviewing you.

First interview was on campus by a partner. Fairly easy interview, spoke about why you would be a good fit and past experiences.

The second interview was at the desired office. I was interviewed by 3 different people, the first was similar to the interview with the partner, we spoke about past experience, why that office etc. The second interview was more of a informatory session, where the individual spoke of the department, responsibilities etc. The third was a technical interview since I applied for an ITPA position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question had to do with data centers...cant quite remember the question.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

On Campus Recruiting. Interviewed at Career Center. The questions are all behavioral questions and no technical questions. But he did ask if I had experience with tech platform kind of stuff since the position is Tech Associate.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really special basically job related and resume oriented.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Applied via college online recruiting system. Dropped my resume online, received a first round interview in about a week, three days later was contacted with a second round interview, had the second round four days later, received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!