PwC

Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Missed the first intake on a new programme but was contacted to re-apply for the second intake. Fairly standard but reasonably rigorous process of online application form + sumitting CV then a round of online testing (numerical and spatial) followed by a competency-based telephone interview followed by a half day assessment centre consisting of more testing (but this time harder and included verbal reasoning), a group exercise, a written exercise and an interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions
I wasn't able to negotiate beyond the initial offer but in hindsight probably could have gotten an extra £1K out of them - they try and stick to salary bandings fairly strictly from what I can see. To be fair, they offered me more than the going rate in recognition that I was earning significantly more at the time. PwC leverages it's brand heavily and in my experience the recruitment contact was reasonably aggressive - I took my time to decide whether I wanted to accept the offer given it was a sizeable drop in salary and it was pointed out to me that there would be plenty more people lining up for the job if I didn't want it. PwC generally under-pays or rather, doesn't pay top of the market but in recognition of offering you a great place to work which to a large extent is true - everyone is generally very nice and there are opporrunities there but it's up to you to seize them.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

My process went really fast. I had the telephone interview on a Wednesday of the week of 2/9/15. I had my in person interview with 2 directors and a manager that following friday and then the partner interview on a Wednesday evening the following week. All interview were 2-3 business days a part.

I haven't yet had a response and its been exactly one week since my partner interview. Has anyone received an offer after a week or so? Or how soon did you receive your offer? I heard I did very well and was one of 2 final candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to change the direction of a project while in the middle?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

it is three round interviews, 1-1 first, and onsite event, and another follow up, generally speaking it is a well structured, but the whole process lasts longer than regular procedure.
    onsite visit contains three back to back interviews, talking to three different people in the team from different level.

Interview Questions
    • ask about resume, projects, behavioral questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Submit resume and unofficial transcript during the online application process. Before the interview, I talked to a senior associate and after that a senior manager interviewed me. The interview was mainly about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How you lead yourself, how you lead others, how you lead yourself and others   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Did it through on campus recruiting. One round on campus and second round they flew me onsite. Everyone I met was very nice and I can tell they care a lot about the candidates. Finally declined offer because I joined a different industry, but the overall impression throughout the process was extremely positive.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager
    Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with current events?
      Why do you want to be a consultant?

Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I got the interview from campus hiring program. There are two processes. One phone interview and then onsite interview. The phone interview is not hard, basic screening questions. Got the onsite interview invitation but declined.

Advisory Associate Interview

The first round interview was fairly typical. They asked me about my background and internships and a couple behavioral questions ("Why consulting/PwC?", "Tell me about a time when...").

They informed me a couple days later that I got a final round interview. 48 hours before it, they sent me a case study that I had to familiarize myself with. It was a few pages long, and decently complicated. When I arrived at the PwC office, they gave me and the other candidates an hour to create hard copy powerpoint slides based on questions they had on our cases. We then had three interviews in a row, each lasting half an hour. Two were behavioral interviews (they asked me about my traveling experiences, general resume questions, and again a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions, but nothing too unexpected), and the third was the case. I had to present my presentation to the interviewer as if he was the client, which was the most nerve wracking of the three.

They called me later that day with a verbal offer!

Interview Questions
    • The case was the most difficult part. Make sure you have good presentation skills.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate. It's a national position, so negotiating would be a little more difficult.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Consisted of three interviews: two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral interviews were targeting four of the five company employee characteristics including a global perspective, technical acumen, etc. The case interview was given 48 hours in advance to allow preparation. Final questions given at the start of the interview and allowed 45 minutes to prepare a slide show presentation (written out by hand on paper slides) making a recommendation and present to interviewee posing as the client.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview was the most challenging and nerve wracking, but it is used to show your train of thought and critical thinking skills rather than a right or wrong answer.   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

There will be three interviews in a row, but none of them are exceptionally harsh. Mine took me about two hour. Case study throw people off their feet. It's might be easy for those who have previous relative experience. The interview schedule was uneasy for full credit student, especially if you have to fly over in a weekday.