PwC Associate Interview Questions

Updated 21 May 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Online Application, followed by an online aptitude test. Three tests were taken: Numerical reasoning, Logical reasoning, & a psychometric test. The tests were relatively easy. Numerical was primarily focussed on percentages, ratios and analysing tables. Logical reasoning was almost completely focused on image sequences. Psychometric test evaluated business acumen, global acumen, leadership, and personal skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you used your analytic skills to solve a problem?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (London, England).

Interview

First interview with a director, followed by a second interview with a different director.

Both interviews were relaxed and I was made to feel at ease.

Typical competencies that are listed on the website with more specific probing into industry knowledge.

Final interview was in the morning and offer was made the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why this profession, a conflict within a team project/my specific role, my opinion on certain current emerging trends.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

very standard big four interviews. Started with a basic introduction about the interview and lasted for about 45 minutes. I got a chance to add some points in the end to support my application.
    9 questions asked regarding the five competencies listed. Please be prepared to the business acumen one, which asks you how to keep track of business news and what can you learn from it. Make sure you read business regularly and use a clear STAR structure to make all your actions easily understood.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you use analytical skills to solve a complex problem? (analytical skills-use different pieces of information)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Telephone interview: structured around PwC's five core competencies, asking about two questions for each competency. Also asked for my knowledge of the position I applied for. Be sure to think about any significant things you have learnt from each example you give. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Give an example describing how you have adapted to feedback you've received at university or in a work environment.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

I sent in my CV through the University and was called in for the first interview and then invited to the second interview. I had to complete a numerical and logic test online before the second interview, as well as a written report on the day of final interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you think teachers should tackle the problem of disrespectful students in secondary schools.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview

I didnt come in through the university intake, I saw an add on jobs.ie and sent in my CV, came in for a chat and was offered a position, this is not the normal route.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, contract is standard

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interview

There's an online numerical and logical test, as well as something like a situational judgement test. the same tests in higher difficulty arise in the assessment centre. Following that there is a group exeercise and a couple of interviews, depending on your performace in the previous areas

Interview Questions

• the tests in the assessment centre are more difficult than the ones completed online   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Straight into competency which was followed by commercial awareness and finally career motivation.

Interview Questions

• Why study Aca?
      Example when you worked with someome different? How did you adapt?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England).

Interview

application, telephone interview, assessment centre, final interview

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. The difficulty of interview can be depending on the interviewer due to their personalities(my opinion), thus you need to be aware that they can be nice or very rude. Also you need to try to understand what the interviewer wants to hear 'exactly' as their questions can sometimes be unclear and vague then do not assume and ask them again.   Answer Question

got transferred(as the position i applied was filled during the interview process) to another position which I wasnt interested

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview was the final stage in the process and conducted by one of the directors in the company. It was the most relaxing and unstructured part of the application process and has covered basic competencies of PwC and how they apply to me and then went on and talked about my motivation for joining the company and the expectations I might have. A very pleasant conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no option to negotiate as it was a part of graduate scheme.