PwC

Getting the Interview

136 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details Interview was the final stage in the process and conducted by one of the directors in the company. It was the most relaxing and unstructured part of the application process and has covered basic competencies of PwC and how they apply to me and then went on and talked about my motivation for joining the company and the expectations I might have. A very pleasant conversation.

Interview Question – Why London out of all the possible places?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no option to negotiate as it was a part of graduate scheme.

Associate

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Straight into competency which was followed by commercial awareness and finally career motivation.

Interview Question – Why study Aca?
Example when you worked with someome different? How did you adapt?
  Answer Question

Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details The hiring process was relatively quick and straightforward. I applied for the Sept 2010 intake and the whole process only took 1+ month from application to offer. The interview was less of a 'tick-box' experience than the other big 4 firms as the interviewer engage with you a little bit more.

Interview Question – If you were to win £1 million what would you do with the money?   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details application, telephone interview, assessment centre, final interview

Interview Question – No unexpected question. The difficulty of interview can be depending on the interviewer due to their personalities(my opinion), thus you need to be aware that they can be nice or very rude. Also you need to try to understand what the interviewer wants to hear 'exactly' as their questions can sometimes be unclear and vague then do not assume and ask them again.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got transferred(as the position i applied was filled during the interview process) to another position which I wasnt interested

Reading, England

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details there were several stages, 1)application then an online assessment, 2) group stage, interview, presentation more assymetric assessments. Interview and finally a job offer.

Interview Question – I had to pick a current economic topic from the FT and argue my opinion with a Director.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2008.

Interview Details To best prepare for a strategy consulting interview, you have to practice your case studies.
Fortunately, these are not nearly as difficult as they can be made out to be.
You just have to demonstrate structured thinking, and where possible back up your arguments with data.

The interviews was straightforward, just the tradtional competency based types.

Interview Question – What would you do if you don't become a consultant?   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in June 2007.

Interview Details I applied on line and was then called in for an interview with HR.

After that interview the second round was an assessment day, psychometic tests were written, I was interviewd by a partner and a group exercise took place to assess how we work and contribute in teams.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answers (2)

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Interview Details It was through an on-campus interview. The focus of the interview is mainly on the culture fit. Unlike all the other interviews you will not get the case interview in the first round. Cases will be given to you in the second round which is usually the on-site round. Moreover case will be given to you in advance and you will need to come to the interview after solving the case. I found it good because you get the time to solve the case in advance and their is no time crunch to solve it as in other companies.

Interview Question – Tell me your three weakness (I was prepared jus for one)   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in July 2010.

Interview Details Hiring is done on the basis of 2-3 rounds of interview. Technical round with the manager, then once you clear that then you have a technical session with the SM or director and then a round with the partner. Finally on clearing all the rounds one final round will be with the HR

Interview Question – Technical questions on the subject   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details - 3 Part Interview with Staff, Manager, and Partner
- Interviewers focus was on Teamwork, Excellence, and Leadership (respectively)

Interview Question – Most difficult questions were with respects to my achievement (or rather, underachievement) of a certain grade point, and explaining why I would still be considered a valued addition to their work force.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward; they provided a standard contract - which typically is the same between all Big Four firms - and I accepted

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Associate interview questions and advice. All 136 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.