PwC

Average Difficulty
146 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details PwC's hiring is one of the best programmes, in relation to other companies.
1st Stage Online Test; they give you a second attempt if your first attempt didn't meet their requirements.
Assessment Day was smooth and although i thought i didn't do well in relation to other people i proceeded through. Here i would say you have to be greatly prepared for the skills test they give you; especially in terms of the numerical reasoning test as questions will be related to each other but do not come one after another in the test, so i would advise writing down key answers or formulas so you don't have to repeat steps again but be quick.
With the final interview it's more about testing your knowledge of the company and seeing generally whether you can communicate with people and understand things well.
I would say networking and communication is key so don't be shy. And be prepared in terms of commercial awareness and the company itself.
Other then that everyone is really friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was in terms of commercial awareness. You have to know details as they will ask you follow up questions in regards to what your talking about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is set no negotiations

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details Overall a good experience and very transparent. There were 3 major stages:
1. Online CV and competency based questions, which were standard graduate recruitment ones.
- One-on-one interview with a senior manager, competency based.
- Management tests (numeracy and logical reasoning), case study and one-on-one interview with partner, a little bit more technical.
- Final offer.

Interview Question – Advantages and disadvantages of IFRS.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None-negotiable offer for a graduate position.

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Interview Details 1) online numerical and logical reasoning tests (20 minutes each)
2) online personality questionnaire (1 hour +)
3) telephone interview (30 min to 40 min) containes around 20 competency questions with the interviewer providing direction whenever you diverge
4) Assessment Centre: (a) numerical (20 questions) and logical (40 questions) reasoning tests (20 min each) (b) Written exercise (40 min to both read material and write a report) (c) Group exercise (15 min to read material, 30 min to discuss and come to a decision)
5) Partner interview (40 min to 1 hour) CV based + competency based (final interview competencies on the pwc website.

Interview Question – What is Audit?   Answer Question

Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Interview Details Competency Based Interview - Nice intervieweer tried to make conversation.
Sat Numerical & Verbal test - Extremely Time pressured (Fail This! Fail the stage! Fact!)
Group Exercise (Pointless really - only as good as your group but make sure your not silent, try and take control of discussion, and most importantly show you are actively listening.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details 3 INTERVIEWS
1. Behavioural with Senior Associate
2. Behavioural with Manager
3. Conversational with Partner

The interview process is straight forward. Questions are pretty generic. They ask you questions regarding leadership, teamwork, challenges you've faced. Its important to know your resume inside and out always.

Interview Question – All straight forward behavioural questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set salary.

Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details 1st stage: It takes about 2 weeks to review your application. If you are being selected, you have to attend the assessment before interview

2nd stage: 1 week after assessment, interview question are basic interview questions and some technical questions

Interview Question – Job scope of audit associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary will follow market rate

Audit Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details If you go through the recruiting process straight from college, the recruiters hold your hand through everything. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. PwC gave me the best vibe of the Big 4 companies, and I felt the manager really cared to get to know us. The bad part though is that there are thousands of kids shooting for a few positions around the country, so you really need to make yourself stand out!

Interview Question – What are your two most important qualities that you will bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details Very basic job application process via campus recruiting. Went in for a one day interview, which included 2 separate interviews, one with a partner and the other with HR. Very relaxed and easy going interview, more of a conversation actually. No out of the blue questions, just wanted to know why accounting and why PwC. Very friendly and professional experience.

Interview Question – Why have you specifically chosen audit?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Meet with three individuals at various levels within the Company. They will each have their own questions. It was a diffiuclt process and intimidating. It is all finalized within a day and they will call or email you a week or two later with the results. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details (1) On campus interview and (1) Superday interview including 3 interviews on-site (Senior Associate, Manager, Partner). I was notified of PwC's decision by the partner a few hours after my interview followed by call by recruiter. PwC paid for hotel to stay in the night before the interview on Park Ave and interview process was very succinct. They were more than willing to field calls about talking through the decision process when I got identical offer at rival firm.

Interview Question – How do you feel about reporting to someone younger than you?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!