PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.8

155 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

PwC's hiring is one of the best programmes, in relation to other companies.
1st Stage Online Test; they give you a second attempt if your first attempt didn't meet their requirements.
Assessment Day was smooth and although i thought i didn't do well in relation to other people i proceeded through. Here i would say you have to be greatly prepared for the skills test they give you; especially in terms of the numerical reasoning test as questions will be related to each other but do not come one after another in the test, so i would advise writing down key answers or formulas so you don't have to repeat steps again but be quick.
With the final interview it's more about testing your knowledge of the company and seeing generally whether you can communicate with people and understand things well.
I would say networking and communication is key so don't be shy. And be prepared in terms of commercial awareness and the company itself.
Other then that everyone is really friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question was in terms of commercial awareness. You have to know details as they will ask you follow up questions in regards to what your talking about.   Answer Question
Salary is set no negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

1) online numerical and logical reasoning tests (20 minutes each)
    2) online personality questionnaire (1 hour +)
    3) telephone interview (30 min to 40 min) containes around 20 competency questions with the interviewer providing direction whenever you diverge
    4) Assessment Centre: (a) numerical (20 questions) and logical (40 questions) reasoning tests (20 min each) (b) Written exercise (40 min to both read material and write a report) (c) Group exercise (15 min to read material, 30 min to discuss and come to a decision)
    5) Partner interview (40 min to 1 hour) CV based + competency based (final interview competencies on the pwc website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Overall a good experience and very transparent. There were 3 major stages:
    1. Online CV and competency based questions, which were standard graduate recruitment ones.
    - One-on-one interview with a senior manager, competency based.
    - Management tests (numeracy and logical reasoning), case study and one-on-one interview with partner, a little bit more technical.
    - Final offer.

Interview Questions
    None-negotiable offer for a graduate position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Competency Based Interview - Nice intervieweer tried to make conversation.
    Sat Numerical & Verbal test - Extremely Time pressured (Fail This! Fail the stage! Fact!)
    Group Exercise (Pointless really - only as good as your group but make sure your not silent, try and take control of discussion, and most importantly show you are actively listening.

Audit Associate Interview

Received phone call from HR (some questions were asked and then asked to go for assessment)
    Go through a numerical reasoning test and an English written test.
    If you passed the assessment, you will be offered for an opportunity to interview.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I applied via on-campus recruiting system and just finished the first-round interview. I haven't done the second-round yet. The first-round interview was held on campus. I interviewed with a partner from the office I applied for. The questions were mostly about my resume and behavioral. The behavioral questions included the biggest challenge, team work setting, leadership, etc. The interviewer was nice and gentle.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

SHL tests-HR interview-Accounting & Auditing Exam-Case Study-Group Discussion-Partner Interview
    why assurance
    Have you applied for any other graduate jobs?
    Why do you want to work for PwC? Why PwC instead of another Big 4 firm?
    all the process took about 2 weeks.

Take it or leave it offer

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

First round was through campus interview. Basic behavioural questions. Nothing unexpected.
    The second round was on site professional talent centre includes 4 parts, which are group exercise, written report, partner interview, and office tour.
    Partner interview was the easiest one. Also behavioural questions and a chance you can ask questions. Just show your passion you will be fine.
    I failed in written part according to the feedback they gave. We are required to write a report based on given facts (8,9 pages) in half an hour. Grammar issues. sigh.. I believe they were testing your ability to filter necessary information from a bunch of facts and organize a report in limited time.
    Group exercise is not that hard I thought. All you need to do is sharing information and discussing just like the case you have in school.

Still a valuable experience. Staff are professional and passionate.
    Not bad for my first official interview.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Contact directly HR people. Just email them and got reply a few weeks later.
    I was invited for first round interview by HR
    Second round is to take test (Reading Comprehension, Data Analysis, and Essay)
    Third round - interview with Audit Manager.

Audit Associate Interview

On the company visit day, I got my par interview first. I asked questions about the latest news about the company and he was impressed. The second interview is senior interview, basically the repeat of par interview and the question is relatively easy. The third one is HR manager interview, repeat again. I think the par interview is the hardest because he asked many question from macro perspective and you really need to give your own opinion. I didn't answer the first one or two question very well, but I asked very good question back which I think has pretty big positive effect on my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like the GAAP or accounting regulation is always change, what's your opinion towards those change..   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!