PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.8

164 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

PwC's hiring is one of the best programmes, in relation to other companies.
1st Stage Online Test; they give you a second attempt if your first attempt didn't meet their requirements.
Assessment Day was smooth and although i thought i didn't do well in relation to other people i proceeded through. Here i would say you have to be greatly prepared for the skills test they give you; especially in terms of the numerical reasoning test as questions will be related to each other but do not come one after another in the test, so i would advise writing down key answers or formulas so you don't have to repeat steps again but be quick.
With the final interview it's more about testing your knowledge of the company and seeing generally whether you can communicate with people and understand things well.
I would say networking and communication is key so don't be shy. And be prepared in terms of commercial awareness and the company itself.
Other then that everyone is really friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question was in terms of commercial awareness. You have to know details as they will ask you follow up questions in regards to what your talking about.   Answer Question
Salary is set no negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2013.

1) online numerical and logical reasoning tests (20 minutes each)
    2) online personality questionnaire (1 hour +)
    3) telephone interview (30 min to 40 min) containes around 20 competency questions with the interviewer providing direction whenever you diverge
    4) Assessment Centre: (a) numerical (20 questions) and logical (40 questions) reasoning tests (20 min each) (b) Written exercise (40 min to both read material and write a report) (c) Group exercise (15 min to read material, 30 min to discuss and come to a decision)
    5) Partner interview (40 min to 1 hour) CV based + competency based (final interview competencies on the pwc website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Overall a good experience and very transparent. There were 3 major stages:
    1. Online CV and competency based questions, which were standard graduate recruitment ones.
    - One-on-one interview with a senior manager, competency based.
    - Management tests (numeracy and logical reasoning), case study and one-on-one interview with partner, a little bit more technical.
    - Final offer.

Interview Questions
    None-negotiable offer for a graduate position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2009.

Competency Based Interview - Nice intervieweer tried to make conversation.
    Sat Numerical & Verbal test - Extremely Time pressured (Fail This! Fail the stage! Fact!)
    Group Exercise (Pointless really - only as good as your group but make sure your not silent, try and take control of discussion, and most importantly show you are actively listening.

Audit Associate Interview

Screened at the campus level; completed a campus interview with a partner - 70% of candidates were cut at this phase; I was expecting further cuts at the office visit, but we all received offers at the visit. This was for a smaller (<150 employees in tax, assurance, and advisory combined) office in a "desirable" city

Interview Questions
    • These interviews are rarely filled with traditional interview questions; mine was mostly a conversation. They checking to make sure you're not a robot .   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Two rounds of interviews: first round strictly based on behavioural questions and the second round was composed of two parts - one on one interview with a partner which was purely conversational and a two on one portion which as also behavioural like the first round.

I enjoyed the interview process and thought it was a great way to get to know more about the firm, their core values, and what they expect to see in people they want.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback and had to respond do it.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

30 mins interview with a manager. General questions such as why audit. How do you deal with conflict? How do you deal with negative feedback? The greeter told me I would the get the result within two weeks.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

First round was on campus, very relaxed and easy questions, only three behavioral. Just remember that it's most important to them that you'll fit into the culture, and as long as you have good leadership examples and can relate it to the job itself, you'll be fine. Second round was at the office, for me I interviewed with two senior managers and a partner. Be sure to study up on the new PWC professional, and think of examples that relate well to all 5 criteria because they focus on that EXTENSIVELY in the second round. Again, just be relaxed and remember that culture fit is a huge part of the interview process.

After it was over, I got a call about 2 hours after I left saying I got an offer. They have a very fast turnaround, so expect that offer very soon after the interview if you made it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you needed to perform research to solve an accounting issue, how did you solve it and get the correct answer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a changing deadline?   Answer Question
    I do not believe you can negotiate. The offer is slightly above average anyway.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Application was done online and a few days after application submission I was asked to do a reasoning test. To me, the time given was quite short. So advice to do it as fast as possible. I had my interview with a PwC partner. He was very nice and the interview was quite causal. But I think the style of interview largely depends on the interviewer. I heard from my other friends who went for the interview, they encountered different styles.

Interview Questions
    • How could your experience in your CCA position help you in the job that u apply for   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question