PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. First round was behavioral, the second (final) round included two behavioral interviews and a chat with a partner. Overall the process was pretty smooth and people were nice. The questions were pretty standard, but you get a brain teaser or a weird question once or twice in each interview, so they can see how you react.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

interview did not take long to arrange, they only called me the day before and asked me to come in so I was a little surprised but I knew I had an interview during the time.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Interview

Online Application - I completed the online application in early November 2014. It was a standard online application asking for personal details, education, work experience and awards / achievements.
    Online Tests - The same day I was automatically sent online tests. These are the standard SHL numerical and logical reasoning tests and a personality test.
    Further Information - A few days later I was contacted by email to provide further information to explain my employment and education gaps that were not possible to enter in the original application due to technical limitations.
    Telephone Interview - I received an email invitation for a telephone interview. There were several time slots available including early mornings, late evenings and weekends. The telephone interview gave me a week of time to prepare and was carried out by a contractor who was polite and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. The interview questions were all competency questions and follow the competencies laid out on the PwC website. A few days after the interview I received an email confirming that I had passed on to the next stage. No feedback was provided.
    Assessment Center - At this stage the process becomes more personal as their reliance on automatic emails is replaced by personal emails and phone calls. They called me to ask if I was able to make it to an assessment center the following day which I refused as this was not enough time to prepare and let myself off work. They were fine with this and said they would contact me soon. I was then contacted a few days later about a new assessment center date which I confirmed. You can choose to attend any assessment center in your region. The assessment center structure included 4 stages. The first stage was a repeat of the online numerical and logical tests which are harder than the online ones and are on paper. The next stage is a very time pressured written report which requires you to quickly sort out important information in a 20 page booklet and complete a written report. You are expected to focus on the important aspects such as timing, layout, spelling, grammar, calculations, sorting out important information etc. The third stage was a group task where you are given a booklet and your personal bit of information. Once again this is time pressured and you are expected to come to a decision with your group. You are assessed according to how well you work within a group and your personal contributions to the group discussion. The forth stage is a lunch with current PwC graduates and apprentices where you may ask questions and get to know PwC and the opportunities available. I was told I passed the assessment center the following day by phone and was provided feedback.
    Senior Interview - This is the final stage and the date of this interview depends on the availability of Directors and Partners of the office and business line you applied to. There was a delay for me because of the Christmas Break. I was given a choice of two dates online to attend the senior interview in person at the office I applied to. The Director I was interviewed by was 15 minutes late to the interview. The interview started out fine with general questions about myself and my background. They try to make you feel comfortable even though this interview is the most important stage of the process. After a while the interviewer made a comment about time running out and began asking questions more randomly and interrupted my answers. My experience of the process was positive until the final interview. The result of this interview was provided to me almost two weeks later and I still have not received any feedback.

Interview Questions

• You may be asked questions at the senior interview that were already asked during the telephone interview.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Interview

Telephone Interview - Standard competency questions. No really surprising questions. You can find a list of the general competency based questions all over the internet. as long as you prepare and have lots of example of situations where you have shown skills such as communication, leadership etc then it should go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a dispute with a colleague, and what did you to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England).

Interview

PwC's hiring is one of the best programmes, in relation to other companies.
    1st Stage Online Test; they give you a second attempt if your first attempt didn't meet their requirements.
    Assessment Day was smooth and although i thought i didn't do well in relation to other people i proceeded through. Here i would say you have to be greatly prepared for the skills test they give you; especially in terms of the numerical reasoning test as questions will be related to each other but do not come one after another in the test, so i would advise writing down key answers or formulas so you don't have to repeat steps again but be quick.
    With the final interview it's more about testing your knowledge of the company and seeing generally whether you can communicate with people and understand things well.
    I would say networking and communication is key so don't be shy. And be prepared in terms of commercial awareness and the company itself.
    Other then that everyone is really friendly throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was in terms of commercial awareness. You have to know details as they will ask you follow up questions in regards to what your talking about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is set no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial numerical reasoning and logical reasoning tests which I completed on-line. This was then followed by a telephone interview roughly one month after passing the tests. Around one month after passing the telephone interview I was invited to an assessment centre along 11 other candidates where we to retake some tests, complete a written exercise, complete a group exercise and an e-tray exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a setback in your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

1) online numerical and logical reasoning tests (20 minutes each)
    2) online personality questionnaire (1 hour +)
    3) telephone interview (30 min to 40 min) containes around 20 competency questions with the interviewer providing direction whenever you diverge
    4) Assessment Centre: (a) numerical (20 questions) and logical (40 questions) reasoning tests (20 min each) (b) Written exercise (40 min to both read material and write a report) (c) Group exercise (15 min to read material, 30 min to discuss and come to a decision)
    5) Partner interview (40 min to 1 hour) CV based + competency based (final interview competencies on the pwc website.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview

Following the standard aptitude testing stage, was interviewed by phone by an HR person. It was a competency-based interview. Overall, the process is very standardised given the amount of applicants. Applicants are accessed against the PwC hiring framework and break down all questions into five categories. PwC outlines the selection process in great detail on its graduate hiring page.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in April 2011.

Interview

three round interview - Numerical and verbal test, phone interview, case (group) study - assessment centre, partner interview. The overall process took 40 days and interviewers were friendly in general

Interview Questions

• general competency questions such as experience on leadership, project management, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation is allowed for graduate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in September 2009.

Interview

Overall a good experience and very transparent. There were 3 major stages:
    1. Online CV and competency based questions, which were standard graduate recruitment ones.
    - One-on-one interview with a senior manager, competency based.
    - Management tests (numeracy and logical reasoning), case study and one-on-one interview with partner, a little bit more technical.
    - Final offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None-negotiable offer for a graduate position.