PwC

Average Difficulty
72 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process starts with an Online Assessment (Verbal and Numerical test), Followed by 30-40 mins of Telephonic Interview. If you clear the telephonic round then it will be Consulting Technical Interview with senior level (Director). The final will be Selection Event and an interview with Partner level during later stages.

Interview Question – Technical Interview - Commercial knowledge and experience is critical to demonstrate   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Very friendly interview and telephone interview. Filled out the form online and then completed a numeracy and verbal test online which were quite straightforward. Then a 30 minute phone interview which i passed. The next stage is the assessment center where you might be asked to complete the online tests again followed by a face to face partner interview.

Interview Question – an unethical decision you had made   Answer Question

London, England

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Interview Details Competency based telephone interview after completing numerical and verbal reasoning tests online.
Questions focused on achievements and ability to respoond to changing environments.
Also asked about how we worked with people specifically a time when you challenged a client.
In the background they were assessing the ability to communicate.
Competencies tested:
Demonstrate courage and integrity
Be open minded, agile with change and practical
Communicate with impact and empathy

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have challenged a client or senior colleague to address a problem at work.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about how you have planned to work on particular projects; what you have done to meet deadlines and how you have managed difficulties or barriers in the process   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with changing priorities/workloads and how you dealt with this.   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2010.

Interview Details First interview with a senior manager followed by another interview with a partner. You are asked to take an assessment test which consists of written, numerical and verbal reasoning tests.

Both 1:1 interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Interview with partner was more a discussion than a formal competency based/technical interview format. Senior manager interview was slightly more structured, asking you to describe what you would do in a certain scenario, walking through your CV etc.

Process was very well managed and straight forward. Could be slow at times, I presume due to the amount of paperwork involved (in the background). Everyone seemed very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Process took over 5 months.
Received online tests in January
Telephonic interview in February - standard questions, competency based, business acumen, why PWC, salary expectations.
Assessment center in late April - maths & verbal test, summarise 16 pages document in 2 pages in 30 mins and 45 mins group exercise.
Senior Manager iterview in mid May - competency again, motivational.
Partner interview end of June - more technical questions, e.g market trends, options for investing 1m $.
Received offer on the phone during last interview.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details There are 5 parts.The first one consists on introduce your CV and seem to be a good candidate, the second part constist on an english test, then a gruop work, and two other personal interviews.

Interview Question – Create a business case   Answer Question

Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Interview Details I answered a job add on LinkedIn, after which I was contacted for the 1st interview (this was about 2 weeks after sending in my cover letter and CV). Before the 1st interview, I had to take three online aptitude tests: one consisting of numerical, logical and verbal reasoning, and two focused on personality type (PAPI tests- one ipsative, one normative). At the first interview I was given feedback on the first test (verbal/logical/numerical reasoning), whereas, regarding the PAPI test, I was told they would not give me feedback, but rather compare their experience of me to the results that were still unknown to me. 1st interview was generally experiential, and to see if the chemistry was there. 2nd interview was a business case/presentation I had to prepare a few days in advance, and present to a partner, HR manager and a subject matter expert.

Interview Question – I prepared very thoroughly for the experiential part (use the STAR format and focus on concrete examples of your achievements!) as well as the business case, so nothing unexpected as such came up. The subject matter expert did ask me some questions on my thoughts on certain potential issues related to the context the case took place in, but I simply and confidently admitted that my knowledge of the field/concept did not extend that far (they seemed to respect that).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as such. I was offered a salary a little lower than what I had proposed, due to the fact that they are paying for a business graduate diploma worth over DKK 110,000.

Consulting Interview

Consulting

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Followed the instructions on the website. Fairly straight forward and you are required to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests. I would recommend that you prepare well for these are you are racing with time. Then if you get through, you have to go through phone screening and assessment centre

Interview Question – if you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Prepare your cover letter and cv well. Make sure there is no mistakes

Madrid (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details Contacted via job ad on their website, received a call after a week for group exercises, did HR interview on the same day (approached me as i left the group exercise), first partner interview one week later and second partner interview the day after that - job offer within the week.

Interview Question – Not difficult as such, but the people in the group exercise were all top notch and it was quite a good session - i felt. All in all they like seeing that you're confident and able to negotiate.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details There were three interviews. The first one was Group Dynamics, the second and the third one were with the SM and Director, respectively. They are very upfront, serious and ethical about their interview process. They ask you about your ambitions, your future projects, why are you worth working there, the full works...

Interview Question – What would you do if a specific client asked you an opinion on a subject you don't fully grasp.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!