PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 14 Sep 2014

2.9

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

The hiring process starts with an Online Assessment (Verbal and Numerical test), Followed by 30-40 mins of Telephonic Interview. If you clear the telephonic round then it will be Consulting Technical Interview with senior level (Director). The final will be Selection Event and an interview with Partner level during later stages.

Interview Questions
  • Technical Interview - Commercial knowledge and experience is critical to demonstrate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Consultant Interview

Very friendly interview and telephone interview. Filled out the form online and then completed a numeracy and verbal test online which were quite straightforward. Then a 30 minute phone interview which i passed. The next stage is the assessment center where you might be asked to complete the online tests again followed by a face to face partner interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Competency based telephone interview after completing numerical and verbal reasoning tests online.
    Questions focused on achievements and ability to respoond to changing environments.
    Also asked about how we worked with people specifically a time when you challenged a client.
    In the background they were assessing the ability to communicate.
    Competencies tested:
    Demonstrate courage and integrity
    Be open minded, agile with change and practical
    Communicate with impact and empathy

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have challenged a client or senior colleague to address a problem at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you have planned to work on particular projects; what you have done to meet deadlines and how you have managed difficulties or barriers in the process   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with changing priorities/workloads and how you dealt with this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2010.

First interview with a senior manager followed by another interview with a partner. You are asked to take an assessment test which consists of written, numerical and verbal reasoning tests.

Both 1:1 interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Interview with partner was more a discussion than a formal competency based/technical interview format. Senior manager interview was slightly more structured, asking you to describe what you would do in a certain scenario, walking through your CV etc.

Process was very well managed and straight forward. Could be slow at times, I presume due to the amount of paperwork involved (in the background). Everyone seemed very professional and friendly.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC.

First I had a numerical and verbal online test. They called me in one day and i had a phone interview, the question were mostly about my resume. Then they invited me for an interview with their HR stuff, were questions about the company, why i want to work there, my future plans. The last interview was with top management, where i had more specific questions on balance sheets analysis.

Interview Questions
    • How many departments the company has and what they responsible for.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Process took over 5 months.
    Received online tests in January
    Telephonic interview in February - standard questions, competency based, business acumen, why PWC, salary expectations.
    Assessment center in late April - maths & verbal test, summarise 16 pages document in 2 pages in 30 mins and 45 mins group exercise.
    Senior Manager iterview in mid May - competency again, motivational.
    Partner interview end of June - more technical questions, e.g market trends, options for investing 1m $.
    Received offer on the phone during last interview.

Consultant Interview

There are 5 parts.The first one consists on introduce your CV and seem to be a good candidate, the second part constist on an english test, then a gruop work, and two other personal interviews.

Consulting Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Followed the instructions on the website. Fairly straight forward and you are required to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests. I would recommend that you prepare well for these are you are racing with time. Then if you get through, you have to go through phone screening and assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • if you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    Prepare your cover letter and cv well. Make sure there is no mistakes

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

There were three interviews. The first one was Group Dynamics, the second and the third one were with the SM and Director, respectively. They are very upfront, serious and ethical about their interview process. They ask you about your ambitions, your future projects, why are you worth working there, the full works...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a specific client asked you an opinion on a subject you don't fully grasp.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

I answered a job add on LinkedIn, after which I was contacted for the 1st interview (this was about 2 weeks after sending in my cover letter and CV). Before the 1st interview, I had to take three online aptitude tests: one consisting of numerical, logical and verbal reasoning, and two focused on personality type (PAPI tests- one ipsative, one normative). At the first interview I was given feedback on the first test (verbal/logical/numerical reasoning), whereas, regarding the PAPI test, I was told they would not give me feedback, but rather compare their experience of me to the results that were still unknown to me. 1st interview was generally experiential, and to see if the chemistry was there. 2nd interview was a business case/presentation I had to prepare a few days in advance, and present to a partner, HR manager and a subject matter expert.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared very thoroughly for the experiential part (use the STAR format and focus on concrete examples of your achievements!) as well as the business case, so nothing unexpected as such came up. The subject matter expert did ask me some questions on my thoughts on certain potential issues related to the context the case took place in, but I simply and confidently admitted that my knowledge of the field/concept did not extend that far (they seemed to respect that).   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as such. I was offered a salary a little lower than what I had proposed, due to the fact that they are paying for a business graduate diploma worth over DKK 110,000.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!