PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014

2.9

75 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in July 2013.

The hiring process starts with an Online Assessment (Verbal and Numerical test), Followed by 30-40 mins of Telephonic Interview. If you clear the telephonic round then it will be Consulting Technical Interview with senior level (Director). The final will be Selection Event and an interview with Partner level during later stages.

Interview Questions
  • Technical Interview - Commercial knowledge and experience is critical to demonstrate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Consultant Interview

Very friendly interview and telephone interview. Filled out the form online and then completed a numeracy and verbal test online which were quite straightforward. Then a 30 minute phone interview which i passed. The next stage is the assessment center where you might be asked to complete the online tests again followed by a face to face partner interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Competency based telephone interview after completing numerical and verbal reasoning tests online.
    Questions focused on achievements and ability to respoond to changing environments.
    Also asked about how we worked with people specifically a time when you challenged a client.
    In the background they were assessing the ability to communicate.
    Competencies tested:
    Demonstrate courage and integrity
    Be open minded, agile with change and practical
    Communicate with impact and empathy

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have challenged a client or senior colleague to address a problem at work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you have planned to work on particular projects; what you have done to meet deadlines and how you have managed difficulties or barriers in the process   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with changing priorities/workloads and how you dealt with this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2010.

First interview with a senior manager followed by another interview with a partner. You are asked to take an assessment test which consists of written, numerical and verbal reasoning tests.

Both 1:1 interviews lasted approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Interview with partner was more a discussion than a formal competency based/technical interview format. Senior manager interview was slightly more structured, asking you to describe what you would do in a certain scenario, walking through your CV etc.

Process was very well managed and straight forward. Could be slow at times, I presume due to the amount of paperwork involved (in the background). Everyone seemed very professional and friendly.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Application process took several stages. Firstly - screening, then - Numerical Reasoning Test ( similar to SHL test) and Verbal Reasoning Test (putting in a missing element in the logical puzzle), then - onsite english knowledge test ( 'True-False-Not Given' questions, 'choose the right headline' questions, grammar etc.). If you are successful so far, you get an invitation for two or three interviews with Senior Consultant(s) and (Senior) Manager(s), where you can be asked about your education, motivation, previous work experience, knowledge of the industry etc.
    After that you get warmed up with several brain teasers. Try to listen carefully and feel free to take some time to think about the answer.
    In the end, they give you a business-related case. Again don't hesitate to ask for more information and do your best to persuade the interviewers that you are a very positive and proactive person.
    If you are good and crack the case, you get a job offer by email.

Interview Questions
    • Give me all risks for a foreign businessman who is buying a factory in Siberia   Answer Question
    Nothing

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

1. HR called and fixed the interview.
    2. Technical Round - 1 (Sr. Manager Gave 3 topics to prepare on Green Buildings and Energy Efficiency)
    3. Technical Round - 2 ( Two Sr. Managers discussed technical issues in Energy Efficiency and Green Buildings)
    4. Technical Round - 3 (Associate Director discussed technical issues and scope in Energy Efficiency Vertical).
    5. HR helped me with the offer after 14 days.

Interview Questions
    • None Actually.. Mostly everything were technical so it went off pretty smooth.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I went ahead as per Company's Policies.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

First I had a numerical and verbal online test. They called me in one day and i had a phone interview, the question were mostly about my resume. Then they invited me for an interview with their HR stuff, were questions about the company, why i want to work there, my future plans. The last interview was with top management, where i had more specific questions on balance sheets analysis.

Interview Questions
    • How many departments the company has and what they responsible for.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Process took over 5 months.
    Received online tests in January
    Telephonic interview in February - standard questions, competency based, business acumen, why PWC, salary expectations.
    Assessment center in late April - maths & verbal test, summarise 16 pages document in 2 pages in 30 mins and 45 mins group exercise.
    Senior Manager iterview in mid May - competency again, motivational.
    Partner interview end of June - more technical questions, e.g market trends, options for investing 1m $.
    Received offer on the phone during last interview.

Consultant Interview

There are 5 parts.The first one consists on introduce your CV and seem to be a good candidate, the second part constist on an english test, then a gruop work, and two other personal interviews.

Consulting Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Followed the instructions on the website. Fairly straight forward and you are required to complete verbal and numerical reasoning tests. I would recommend that you prepare well for these are you are racing with time. Then if you get through, you have to go through phone screening and assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • if you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    Prepare your cover letter and cv well. Make sure there is no mistakes