PwC

71 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details I was first contacted by HR and had an initial phone screen. It went well. Next, I spoke with a director. That interview also went well. Lots of good, core competency, behavior based questions along with several technical questions. Then came the third interview. The person doing the interview called an hour and a half past the scheduled time. No contact letting me know he'd be late. That interview lasted 5-10 minutes. He asked me to hold on multiple times, and was very distracted through the entire call. I didn't hear anything further for about a month, then I got a system generated email thanking me for my time. I will never pursue another job with pwc after being handled and treated this way.

Mexico City (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details The initial contact was through one professor which is the former Advisory Director Partner of PwC Mexico. A first interview with HR took place. Two more interviews followed later, one with a Senior Manager of a service line and a the last one with the Partner of service line just for approval.

Interview Question – Explain me the main feature when allocating indirect cost in an ABC costing system   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No able to negotiate

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details First round interview is a traditional numerical test. Reading and interpreting graphs and then calculate the correct answer. Also included true, false or can not be answered-questions.

Also some tests of reading abilites, which are in the local language. Short texts discussing different topics, such as economics, technology and scientific findings.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really. Some time pressure, but that's all.   Answer Question

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details A senior manager and a senior consultant conducted the interview. The senior manager had a evaluation form from HR department. All were behavior questions. There is only one question is about my technical background. As they were hiring banking IT auditor, they need people with IT and banking system knowledge.

Interview Question – As a software engineer in Oracle, why you want to join PwC?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Considering the working environment of big 4 in China.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Resume shortlisting, group discussion and then one personal interview. Resume shortlisting had grade criteria, group discussion was extremely easy as the problem statement was comprehensible (not abstract). structure was: 5 mins to understand the problem, 20 to discuss and then 5 mins to conclude. Interview was entirely case study as expected.

Interview Question – how can a company make vendors sell its product more without giving him any benefit to do so.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Technical Round - Basic Technical Question on technology worked on and project details (challenged faced how overcome and technology details)
Partner Round - To check if fit for job just to check your dedication towards job and kiness joining firm and communication skills
HR Round - Negotiation on salary

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in April 2010.

Interview Details Written exam (Verbal and Logical Aptitude) (questions were mostly testing verbal abilities like grammar and all and then quantitative abilities as it happens for most MBA entrance examinations)
Interview by a Principal Consultant (This was a technical round testing JAVA and data structures knowledge)
Interview by a Partner (HR round)

Interview Question – Data Strucutre questions like explaining some algorithms of trees and linked lists and some JAVA questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details One round of on campus interview. Basically just the partner talking about the firm.
A week later got invited on site. The interview started with a panel discussion, which is just a presentation of the company and the position. It was followed by 3 one-on-one interviews with partners or directors. The interviews are essentially behavioral, aka asking you about your experience.
Got phone call about the result three days later.

Interview Question – There was a case interview even though the invitation said explicitly that the interviews will be behavioral.   View Answers (3)

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Campus Placement- Began with written aptitude test followed by HR interview and then telephonic interview with a partner. They asked me basic questions about myself and also what diffrentiated me from others and what i knew about ERP.

Interview Question – What differentiated me from others? why do you want to join PWC?   Answer Question

Roorkee (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2008.

Interview Details In the campus hiring there was 1st a CV short listing from a pool of applicants, followed by a aptitude test containing - english, reasoning and maths ques. After this round there were two rounds of interviews - techinical (taken by a principal consultant - in my case it was telephonic) and HR (the person visiting the campus)

Interview Question – my interview was in 2007 as I completed my engineering. As far as I remember I was asked a business case question about a bank which wants to setup its services in a new city and various questions around it. e.g. what aspects would you consider? 3Cs etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As this was a campus selection, there was little to no scope for negotiating. Moreover, the detailed salary structure and other bits and pieces were known late after a final offer which arrived much later (3-4 months) just before the induction start date.