PwC

Getting the Interview

65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in April 2010.

Interview Details Written exam (Verbal and Logical Aptitude) (questions were mostly testing verbal abilities like grammar and all and then quantitative abilities as it happens for most MBA entrance examinations)
Interview by a Principal Consultant (This was a technical round testing JAVA and data structures knowledge)
Interview by a Partner (HR round)

Interview Question – Data Strucutre questions like explaining some algorithms of trees and linked lists and some JAVA questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details One round of on campus interview. Basically just the partner talking about the firm.
A week later got invited on site. The interview started with a panel discussion, which is just a presentation of the company and the position. It was followed by 3 one-on-one interviews with partners or directors. The interviews are essentially behavioral, aka asking you about your experience.
Got phone call about the result three days later.

Interview Question – There was a case interview even though the invitation said explicitly that the interviews will be behavioral.   View Answers (3)

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Campus Placement- Began with written aptitude test followed by HR interview and then telephonic interview with a partner. They asked me basic questions about myself and also what diffrentiated me from others and what i knew about ERP.

Interview Question – What differentiated me from others? why do you want to join PWC?   Answer Question

Roorkee (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2008.

Interview Details In the campus hiring there was 1st a CV short listing from a pool of applicants, followed by a aptitude test containing - english, reasoning and maths ques. After this round there were two rounds of interviews - techinical (taken by a principal consultant - in my case it was telephonic) and HR (the person visiting the campus)

Interview Question – my interview was in 2007 as I completed my engineering. As far as I remember I was asked a business case question about a bank which wants to setup its services in a new city and various questions around it. e.g. what aspects would you consider? 3Cs etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As this was a campus selection, there was little to no scope for negotiating. Moreover, the detailed salary structure and other bits and pieces were known late after a final offer which arrived much later (3-4 months) just before the induction start date.

Very Easy Interview

Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Interview Details 1. General Aptitude Test
2. Shortlisted candidates directly appear in front of personal interview board where general very simple questions are asked, for eg: give intro, why do you want to come here etc [interview experience may vary with academic CGPAs]

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2012.

Interview Details Telephone interview with case component with Senior Consultant if successful 1 on 1 with an Associate Director which is also heavily case oriented.

Interview Question – How would you advise a major retailer to increase bottom line.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details Written aptitude test, gd - abstract topic, interview - hr and stress

Interview Question – Why PwC in the big 4s? Why IT consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible atal

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Interview Details Basic interview questions
Strenghts,weaknesses
Why interested in the job position
Why want to work at PwC
What can your bring to the team

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No,advice for others you can certainly negotiate based on market evaluation of salaries.

Consultant
Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details Saw the ad online, applied, got an appointment for a face2face interview. atmosphere was good.
I explained my CV and the interviewer asked me some questions about PwC, strengts and weekness, work experience/ internships, responsibilies

Interview Question – How to value financial assets (derivates, deferred liabilities)   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details Interview was basically on academics and previous work -ex. Simple questions to test the aptitude and common HR questions like why do u want to join the company

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC