PwC Director Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Started with an informal interview and then a series of 6 interviews including a panel interview with a board member.

Also required that I prepare a 1 page business plan indicating services that I would develop.

Interview Questions
  • It was regarding culture and what I would do to adapt.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Very long and laborous. Need to limit the amount of interviewers and time to interview. There were many people met with and they did not have a solid understanding of the position or what my skillset entailed. Need a deeper dive in to the interviewers qualifications.

Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Getting in as a Director is extremely difficult unless you are bringing in tangible book of business

Interview Questions
    • How do you intend to develop $5M in sales in the next couple of years   View Answer
    Do not negotiate on salary - may be on location and sign on bonus.

Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Recruiters were not very knowledgeable or responsive

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2011.

As an experience hire, I was recruited directly from a partner of the firm and went through a multi-step interview process. I first met with the recruiting partner. Then I had a meeting with five partners an directors in the office. I then had a meeting with the practice leader who would be my supervisor. The entire process took a couple months.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviewers asked canned questions which tend to be difficult, but are predictable. Be prepared state what you perceive as your weaknesses, and when you were asked to solve a problem or provider leadership.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview was in mid-2013. My resume was submitted as an employee referral.

Started with a phone screen by recruiter who focused on company benefits and the two week company shutdown (vacation time) that may or may not happen towards the end of the year. She also talked about forced month-long sabbaticals for executives at the firm. She asked me a few basic questions about my background. Later that day, I received an email request from a partner's assistant for interview dates/times. The interview was rescheduled twice due to the partner's schedule conflicts.

I interviewed with one partner only. I wore a conservative navy blue pinstripe skirted suit with pearl earrings and no other jewelry. The partner seemed to be quite uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seemed to be reading my resume for the first time although I did see a few written notes in the margin. He asked me only one question about how I would go about growing business at the firm. He told me nothing about the position for which I was interviewing and very little about his practice within the firm. The partner seemed to be oddly preoccupied with something else, and only going through the motions and eager to leave the room when his assistant came to fetch him. He noted that I had an impressive background and he had not been given similar opportunities for the positions that I'd held.

After the interview, three days later, I received a followup email from the recruiter stating that I was deemed not a fit for that position, but to look for other open positions and get back to her. I didn't pursue since I received offers from other companies.

Although I asked for detail, I received zero feedback as to why I was not a fit. I suspect that PwC prefers to hire recent college graduates rather than experienced professionals that are not from another Big Four or consulting firm. The director position for which I interviewed was not filled the last time that I checked the PwC careers site in late 2013.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I was asked by the partner: "How would you go about growing business at the firm?"   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2009.

Interview was not really valid as i was hired as a consultant a very long time ago, then got hired and grew up the ranks

Very little room for negotiation

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

I was initially interviewed by a director, then referred to interview with 2 partners, then with 3 partners including the chairman of the practice. The interviews were relatively quick (less than 30 min) and straight to the point.

Interview Questions
    • One partner noticed that I had a six sigma background and asked how I could differentiate myself in a sea of other six sigma consultants   Answer Question

Typical process whereby you meet with a few Partners and an HR Manager

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

The process was very much towards personal skills, whether you can survive in a strict dead-line job. Qualification is not that important, but I did hear how it quickly impressed the interviewer when I was an employee. However, whether the impression stays is much more determined by how you cleverly answered the situations provided by the employers.

Interview Questions
    • Cases may or may not be provided, but "what is your weakness" is always there, and it always scared people, no matter how many interviews they've been through.   View Answer

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!