PwC

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

London, England

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview Details Started with an informal interview and then a series of 6 interviews including a panel interview with a board member.

Also required that I prepare a 1 page business plan indicating services that I would develop.

Interview Question – It was regarding culture and what I would do to adapt.   Answer Question

Director

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Interview Details Recruiters were not very knowledgeable or responsive

Interview Question – Questions were not in-depth or technical   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2011.

Interview Details As an experience hire, I was recruited directly from a partner of the firm and went through a multi-step interview process. I first met with the recruiting partner. Then I had a meeting with five partners an directors in the office. I then had a meeting with the practice leader who would be my supervisor. The entire process took a couple months.

Interview Question – Some of the interviewers asked canned questions which tend to be difficult, but are predictable. Be prepared state what you perceive as your weaknesses, and when you were asked to solve a problem or provider leadership.   Answer Question

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Interview was in mid-2013. My resume was submitted as an employee referral.

Started with a phone screen by recruiter who focused on company benefits and the two week company shutdown (vacation time) that may or may not happen towards the end of the year. She also talked about forced month-long sabbaticals for executives at the firm. She asked me a few basic questions about my background. Later that day, I received an email request from a partner's assistant for interview dates/times. The interview was rescheduled twice due to the partner's schedule conflicts.

I interviewed with one partner only. I wore a conservative navy blue pinstripe skirted suit with pearl earrings and no other jewelry. The partner seemed to be quite uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seemed to be reading my resume for the first time although I did see a few written notes in the margin. He asked me only one question about how I would go about growing business at the firm. He told me nothing about the position for which I was interviewing and very little about his practice within the firm. The partner seemed to be oddly preoccupied with something else, and only going through the motions and eager to leave the room when his assistant came to fetch him. He noted that I had an impressive background and he had not been given similar opportunities for the positions that I'd held.

After the interview, three days later, I received a followup email from the recruiter stating that I was deemed not a fit for that position, but to look for other open positions and get back to her. I didn't pursue since I received offers from other companies.

Although I asked for detail, I received zero feedback as to why I was not a fit. I suspect that PwC prefers to hire recent college graduates rather than experienced professionals that are not from another Big Four or consulting firm. The director position for which I interviewed was not filled the last time that I checked the PwC careers site in late 2013.

Interview Question – The only question that I was asked by the partner: "How would you go about growing business at the firm?"   Answer Question

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2009.

Interview Details Interview was not really valid as i was hired as a consultant a very long time ago, then got hired and grew up the ranks

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation

Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details I was initially interviewed by a director, then referred to interview with 2 partners, then with 3 partners including the chairman of the practice. The interviews were relatively quick (less than 30 min) and straight to the point.

Interview Question – One partner noticed that I had a six sigma background and asked how I could differentiate myself in a sea of other six sigma consultants   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Typical process whereby you meet with a few Partners and an HR Manager

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details The process was very much towards personal skills, whether you can survive in a strict dead-line job. Qualification is not that important, but I did hear how it quickly impressed the interviewer when I was an employee. However, whether the impression stays is much more determined by how you cleverly answered the situations provided by the employers.

Interview Question – Cases may or may not be provided, but "what is your weakness" is always there, and it always scared people, no matter how many interviews they've been through.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2011.

Interview Details Phone interview with a few Directors. Met in person with Managing Director and finally Partner. Process was quick if you know your stuff and people.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details experienced rcruitment and then formal onboarding

Interview Question – why are you leaving your place of work   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Director interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.