PwC Director Interview Questions

Updated 28 Jul 2014

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Started with an informal interview and then a series of 6 interviews including a panel interview with a board member.

Also required that I prepare a 1 page business plan indicating services that I would develop.

Interview Questions
  • It was regarding culture and what I would do to adapt.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in June 2014.

Very long and laborous. Need to limit the amount of interviewers and time to interview. There were many people met with and they did not have a solid understanding of the position or what my skillset entailed. Need a deeper dive in to the interviewers qualifications.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC.

Interview was in mid-2013. My resume was submitted as an employee referral.

Started with a phone screen by recruiter who focused on company benefits and the two week company shutdown (vacation time) that may or may not happen towards the end of the year. She also talked about forced month-long sabbaticals for executives at the firm. She asked me a few basic questions about my background. Later that day, I received an email request from a partner's assistant for interview dates/times. The interview was rescheduled twice due to the partner's schedule conflicts.

I interviewed with one partner only. I wore a conservative navy blue pinstripe skirted suit with pearl earrings and no other jewelry. The partner seemed to be quite uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seemed to be reading my resume for the first time although I did see a few written notes in the margin. He asked me only one question about how I would go about growing business at the firm. He told me nothing about the position for which I was interviewing and very little about his practice within the firm. The partner seemed to be oddly preoccupied with something else, and only going through the motions and eager to leave the room when his assistant came to fetch him. He noted that I had an impressive background and he had not been given similar opportunities for the positions that I'd held.

After the interview, three days later, I received a followup email from the recruiter stating that I was deemed not a fit for that position, but to look for other open positions and get back to her. I didn't pursue since I received offers from other companies.

Although I asked for detail, I received zero feedback as to why I was not a fit. I suspect that PwC prefers to hire recent college graduates rather than experienced professionals that are not from another Big Four or consulting firm. The director position for which I interviewed was not filled the last time that I checked the PwC careers site in late 2013.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that I was asked by the partner: "How would you go about growing business at the firm?"   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC.

I was initially interviewed by a director, then referred to interview with 2 partners, then with 3 partners including the chairman of the practice. The interviews were relatively quick (less than 30 min) and straight to the point.

Interview Questions
    • One partner noticed that I had a six sigma background and asked how I could differentiate myself in a sea of other six sigma consultants   Answer Question

Typical process whereby you meet with a few Partners and an HR Manager

Director Interview

experienced rcruitment and then formal onboarding

Interview Questions
    • why are you leaving your place of work   View Answer

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Recruiters were not very knowledgeable or responsive

Director Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Smooth

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in August 2011.

Thorough but very good process.

Interview Questions
    • question about an international trade law   View Answer
    interesting. always negotiate.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in June 2011.

Phone interview with a few Directors. Met in person with Managing Director and finally Partner. Process was quick if you know your stuff and people.