PwC

Updated 19 Jan 2015

2.9

156 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

After submitting the online application, I was invited to complete online tests. Received a report with the results from the tests, and then an invitation for a telephone interview. Only one date with several time slots were available. The interviewer went over all 5 core values of the company - you can find them in the report, and asked for an example where I demonstrated them. The connection dropped twice during the interview and the interviewer said "candidates are advised in advance to make sure their connections are stable before the interview". I checked my connection a couple of times before that and it was working perfectly fine.

Give me an example of a situation when you received feedback and had to change your strategy because of the feedback.

Give me an example of a situation when you had to work in a team in order to achieve a common goal.

The feedback from the interview stated that the language I used for one of the questions (I assume the most difficult one) was too technical.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss a recent business development. How can this be implemented in PwC? How can this be applied to the division you have applied for (IT Risk Assessment)? Why? Where did you read about this? How many articles/news/reports did you read on the topic?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online – interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Online application and test followed by a phone interview that tests your commercial awareness and values followed by an assessment centre and finally by a partner interview. The hardest is the assessment centre especially the group activity because you must be able to handle the group dynamics

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2013.

I passed assessment tests and they invited me for the interview. It was really short, one young girl was questioning and they were no time to ask questions about role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

one to one interview. technical and competency questions. Tells us 5 university modules and give a number 1 to 10 depending on how well you know the subject.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Phone interview was mainly competency based, Compentencies they look for can be found on their website.
    Best advice is to prepare specific examples and be ready to go into more depth.
    Also a few questions to test commercial awareness. Have a recent business news story ready to talk about.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a recent news story you read and how does it affect pwc?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview with manager and senior manager. Very straightforward, no questions trying to catch you out.

Interview Questions
    • imagine you are a drug lord, how do you draw the boundaries of your "business". something along those lines. they were trying to get you to say how you would determine the market   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

Online application form, personality, numerical and logic tests. This was followed by a telephone interview, with various competency questions. The third stage was an assessment centre which had a 30 minute written exercise, another set of numerical and logical tests and a group activity. The final stage was a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Online aptitude tests and numerical/verbal reasoning.
    telephone interview
    invitation to Insight Academy with further assessments
    Offer made for 6 week summer internship

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about a time when you disagreed with something that was going on within a project that you were working on or within a commercial environment   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the office and sector that I wanted to work in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Interview process was long but not too strenuous. Had a telephone interview then invited to an assessment centre. The assessment centre involved a two tests, a 1:1 interview and a group exercise. The interview did not involve any technical questions, it primarily competency based questions. The tests did not provide sufficient time to complete them however you are not expected to. Received offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to name one attribute of a successfull auditor what would it be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Applied through college recruitment. GPA of 3.5+ was required in order to submit application. Was contacted by recruiter for interview at school. Somewhat informal interview probably due to the fact that it's only a student intern position. No news ever since the interview. Tried to follow up with recruiter but to no avil.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview. Recruiter was just doing a run though the resume.   Answer Question