PwC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
2,164 Interview Reviews

2.9

Clien T Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

I applied online and received a call within 2 days. I have extensive admin experience so i was semi expecting a call.
    The phone call you receive will be your short interview or it may be a call to schedule an interview

I ended up researching all questions competency based and prepd questions that i saw for other pwc entry roles. None of these came up and the reason is this is a basic admin role so there wont be anything complicated so prepare answers relevant to admin and have a basic understanding of PWC and the big 4 for when asked why you want to work at PWC

Very basic questions such as:
    -why do you want to work for PWC
    -What skills do you have
    -Whats your current work and relevant work history for this role.
    -Previous admin experience

Though i was offered an interview I didn't pursue the role as the salary was too low £23'500.

The interview will be competency based though.

Interview Questions
    • None i prepared for every question except the most basic ones which if you can calmly explain your experience and a valid reason why you want to work at PWC you should be okay (hopefully) depending on the recruitment consultant on the phone.   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Online Tests + personality test (you get two goes at the online test, so don't worry)
    Phone Interview (In reality, it doesn't last that long, make sure your answers are well structured, mostly competency, the rest are the standard why PWC? Why Audit? Why ACA? etc)
    Assessment Centre (group task - just be a normal human being, written task - make sure you write a conclusion!, psychometric tests on paper - do not fail these, practise beforehand)
    Partner Interview(mostly competency based)
    Offer

Interview Questions
    • What do you know of our client base? Which do you most want to work with? And Why?

What do you know about ACA? Why ACA?

Something in the news that interests you and talk about it

They will usually ask 2 of the 3 questions in the phone interview.

Partner interview can be whatever the partner wants, but in my case it was all scripted and all just competency questions.
        View Answer
    No Negotiation, you take what is offered

Assurance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2013.

Online application form, followed by some numerical and logical reasoning tests. After that, you get a telephone interview and, if you're successful, you go onto an assessment centre, which is then followed by an interview with a partner, i believe. I flopped at the telephone interview, but would recommend jobtestprep.co.uk as practice for the numerical/logical reasoning tests - they have a ton of SHL material, exactly the format as the test you take with pwc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you were an introvert or an extrovert? Which is better?   Answer Question

Apprenticeship Management Consultant Interview

Really good process and really good feedback at every single stage which was very helpful. People were very kind and friendly. The website gave a lot of informations and help was always at hand if I needed it.

Resource Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

First stage interview is more of an open discussion around your CV and previous experience. There are competency questions but it would seem they try to draw the right answers out in order for you to add more depth to this.
    Second interview is completely competency and much more competency based. The questions are more difficult so be expected to know exactly what you are answering and how it fits with the company and role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were aware someone had gone outside of policy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

I applied for this positing early in June and had one of the best recruitment experiences. I submitted the online application and successfully passed the online tests. Soon after I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview. Additionally I received a call from the HR department asking me how I was preparing for the interview and offered to answer all my questions regarding the upcoming phone interview. I thought this was a very nice gesture and one that you rarely meet at a such an early stage in a recruitment process. Anyhow, the HR person suggested I read everything that is on the website and make sure I understood the new recruitment guidelines that had been updated this summer. The crucial thing for the telephone interview is to have answers prepared for all the competency based questions you can think of. There is a pdf on the PwC website that more or less has all the questions I was asked, such as: tell me about a time when you received feedback and what did you learn from this; tell me about a company that is currently doing well; what do you do to keep yourself updated with the financial news etc. This interview was one hour long and the lady was very nice. She was happy to repeat the questions if needed.

One week later I received the confirmation that I passed this stage of the interview and that I now had to book a slot for the Assessment Centre. Baring in mind that I had never been to an AC I was very nervous. I only had a week to prepare though. The HR department called me again to make sure I was happy with the AC and offered to explain what happens on the day. It was pretty straight forward. You have to resit the psychometric tests, you have to write a report and take part in a group exercise. There is nothing too complicated. Make sure you are being nice from the first moment you enter the room. They analyze absolutely every aspect of your behavior.

I was told that the report is the most time pressured test of the day, however I found it pretty easy and even finished 5 min earlier. You are given a booklet with information and asked to hand write a report in no more than two pages. Make sure you go through all the information, structure it very well and do not forget to write your recommendation.

The psychometric tests were harder than I thought. I had previously bought a package to practice as many as possible and this is what I suggest you do as well if you think you need a little bit more practice.

For the group exercise you are presented with a situation and each of the group members is given a separate brief to put forward in the discussion. During this conversation you are given 45 minutes to come to a conclusion. Make sure you speak, interact with the other group members, be polite and listen to what they have to say. I thought I didn't speak enough, however the feedback I received on this task was very good. Think outside the box and try to come up with one thing that nobody else thought about until that point in the discussion.

Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • If you were to work in this position, who would be your ideal client?   Answer Question

Junior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

I first applied on-line, answering various question, then I was asked to complete both numerical and verbal reasoning tests. After this I was invited to an Assessment centre day which involved redoing the tests, a group discussion exercise and an E-tray test. After this I was invited to attend a Senior Partner Interview, this was very probing and challenging, I would everyone to do their research prior to the interview. After this hour long interview I was phoned to offer me the position.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

There's an online numerical and logical test, as well as something like a situational judgement test. the same tests in higher difficulty arise in the assessment centre. Following that there is a group exeercise and a couple of interviews, depending on your performace in the previous areas

Interview Questions
    • the tests in the assessment centre are more difficult than the ones completed online   Answer Question

Human Resource Services Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Online application, aptitude tests
    Phone interview - questions identical to those who did the interview prior to me
    Assessment centre - redo online tests, scenario based group exercise and writing a report under ridicolous time pressure. Make sure your grammar is correct and that you finish everything, noone is expecting you to over analyse anything in such a short space of time i would advise a report format; bulletpoints.
    Partner Interview - very relaxed and casual

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at PwC.

Initial online application form. There were then online tests. You can use SHL to practice and they are similar. I had to do logic and numerical. You get two attempts and there is a feedback sheet that they produce about how you did on the online tests.
    There is then a phone interview where they ask about the core competencies - think of a time when you showed integrity, team work, faced conflict etc. I got an email after this saying the competencies were changing so double check the website for the new ones but they list them on there and highlight the ones needed for the phone interview.
    There is then an assessment center which is a half day. You do three activities: a group test, a written report and then you repeat the online tests you did but this time on paper. At the end there is a chance to talk with employees about their experiences.

Interview Questions
    • When have you showed integrity - it just seemed difficult to think of a specific time!   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!