PwC Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
2,334 Interview Reviews

2.9

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

After the online application were online tests (maths and logic,).
    Then the phone interview, which included standard competency questions, talk about a business issue that interests you, interest in PwC etc. Assessment centre included timed tests (maths, logic) and a group exercise. Partner interview: harder competency and some business issue questions (you choose your issue but they ask about it, your opinion etc).
    Internship interview process is the same as for a graduate role.

Interview Questions
    • When have you come across conflict and what did you do?   Answer Question

Forensic Solution Specialist Interview

2-to-1 face-to-face interview, was asked initially if it is for internship or graduate scheme, then following questions on cv, then move to explain mathematical terms and some JAVA/SQL knowledge, plus a market sizing question on estimating the number of cars in the UK

Internal Audit - Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

The process takes a long time starting with the application, then psychometric tests. You get two chances to do these tests should you fail the first set and then go onto interviews. The tests are a personality analysis which isn't timed along with numerical reasoning (use SHL to practice), followed with logical l reasoning. The interview is competency based and takes about 45 minutes.

Look up the PwC Professional framework - this is what the questions are based around and will help you considerably. Business Acumen, technical capabilities, leadership, global acumen, and relationships. These 5 things are also the subject of the personality test

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: name a company you have looked up recently (to test business acumen) -   View Answer

Assurance Interview

Hi guys

I've successfully passed the tests. My results are:

Numerical reasoning- Above average
    Logical reasoning- Exceptional

I got an offer for AC which consisted of numerical test, logical test, business report and group discussion

Cyber Security Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Initial Communications - I was contacted by a recruiter who was quite persistent. Although I alreadu had an offer from another Big 4 I thought I will attend the interview just to experience the firm and their interview process. The first interview was setup quite quickly with a Senior Manager. Once the first interview took place the second interview was setup initially with a Partner. However this was delayed about 3-4 times due to the availability issues of the Partner. Then the interview was scheduled with a Director.

Planning - I researched about the Senior Manager on Linkedin and general Google search to gain a better understanding of the interests and background. I read up on the firm's website to understand more about the company and the service offerings. I also researched on various feedback websites to understand the work culture and experience of various employees and ex-employees.

# of interviews - 2

Perception of people - The Senior Manager who took the first interview was quite affable and we hit it off right away. He was quite down to earth and open in terms of what he was looking for in the candidate. Once the second interview was set he then gave me useful tips on how to handle the Director and his expectations. After the interview I came out with a very positive feeling that I could see myself working with those people quite easily.

Office - The first interview took place in the St Albans office which was quite well laid out and pleasant to walk around. The second interview took place in Reading office which was small but again open plan and well lighted. Although the decor certainly wasn't modern and updated at the time however that has now changed and all the offices are now really modern with latest facilities.

Work culture - Overall first impressions of the work culture was that people work long hours but can flex their time to work around their personal commitments. As with big organisations it depends on the team and the people who you work with and in my case it was excellent.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is competency based and hence one can only prepare only up to a certain point for it. However you need to have worked out examples and scenarios from you experience to use in your answers during the interview. For example - Have you come across a difficult person in your team and how did you handle the situation and the person? To answer this question you would have to dig into your experience and explain the situation, what was needed to be done, what action did you take and what was the outcome. An unexpected question was - Do you know how to say no? I understood the rationale behind the question after asking some counter-questions which was that in a big organisation if you don't know when and how to push back then you will quickly be overwhelmed by so much work that it will affect your delivery, productivity and quality. And finally all of that leads to a bad perception of you as someone who cannot manage his/her work and over-commits and under delivers.   Answer Question

Graduate Human Resources Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Very easy application, which you fill out online. No competency questions, cover letter or CV required on the form. Straight away you get invited to do a numerical and logical reasoning tests, as well as personality questionnaire. Once you have successfully done those it takes them approx 1-2 weeks to invite you to a telephone interview. If you have a wide range of experiences you can talk about, it should be easy as they ask you very specific questions from their employability brochure, which can be found on PwC careers website.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a relationship that you have developed outside of work/study?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Two interviews totally. One is the group interview, and the other is Senior interview. Case study in the group. We six people need to give a presentation in the end. And during the next interview, just talk about yourself, whats your experience, why PwC, etc. Just show yourself naturally. It's not that hard to get an intern offer.

Analyst Interview

I had about a week to prepare for my telephone interview and so I paid special attention to the new competencies that PwC has posted on its website. Keep in mind that they have changed recently so the type of questions they usually ask at this stage interview has also changed. It went well and I was asked about 2 questions per competency.

Graduate Management Consultancy Role Interview

Assessment centre was very difficult. Preparation is key to success. Read all the forums on wikijob to get an insight into what to expect. Both phone and partner interview were purely competency based, which felt a little impersonal for me, but meant it was easier to prepare. Just be friendly and confident and prepare examples for the competencies. Also make sure you have a really solid answer for what makes the PwC programme different from other programmes.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds?   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Online tests were fairly easy compared to other Big 4. This was followed by telephone interview- only half an hour long and mainly the standard competency based questions. Also had to be very aware of the sector PwC operate in and the latest business news. Make sure you know what exactly you will be doing in your role.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you've had to look at something from somebody else's perspective.   Answer Question