PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Interview

Graduate
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2010.

Interview Details One phone interview and one assessment day - the assessment day involved written and numerical tests, a group exercise with other candidates and a one to one interview. They whole day lasts about 5 hours.

Interview Question – When have you demonstrated courage and integrity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Southampton, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview Details Online numerical and logical reasoning tests followed by a phone interview followed by assessment centre which is followed by a partner interview.

Assessment centre involved repeating the online tests on paper to validate scores, group task involving a consultancy scenario and a timed, written task.

Interview Question – Written task based on a pack of information and resources provided.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Assurance

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details Telephone interview. Was invited for an interview 4 days after having done the numerical test. Multiple emails were sent with links for preparation. My interview was 20 minutes long as it is for an internship. I was interviewed by someone from HR and she was really nice and friendly. I got an email the same day telling me the outcome of my interview.

Interview Question – Who would your ideal client be and why? What other services would you recommend to this client?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant PwC Strategy Interview

Associate Consultant PwC Strategy
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details After online tests, there are 2 rounds of interviews which were quite long 4-6 hours each.

Cases are okay since they give you quite a lot of information. You would have group discussion and an individual presentation in the final round. Both rounds had fit interviews - the first round was more question-answer-fill up form kind and the second was more dynamic and natural.

Interview Question – Unexpected - What is a question that you would like to be asked that would best demonstrate your capabilities, motivation and you as an individual?   Answer Question

Consultant - Strategy & Operations Interview

Consultant - Strategy & Operations
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details Had my first interview over the phone, which was very successful. Then I was invited to the test day, which lasted for 6 hours but unfortunately could not succeed in the case study test. Although beforehand we were told that there would be presentation and group case study exercise, they did not do it. Another difficulty I had was in the timing of numerical and logic tests. 20 minutes for 40 questions were given to each test. Although this time limit was enough for the logic test I had a hard time finishing my numerical test within 20 minutes. The report exercise was relatively easy. It was about recycling of water and other renewable energies. However, I would suggest not to waste time reading the instructions since you need more time writing an actual report that mentions everything - apparently what they look for the most - in 20 minutes

Interview Question – The case study provided was more difficult than the examples given through email prior to the test day. Profit calculation with missing numbers and approximation about a video games manufacturer was asked. . s   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details I was in Kuwait when HR contacted me for a role I have applied online. I already worked with PwC earlier (both India & UK), so initial things were ok. The practice which I was supposed to join is led nationally by the Partner, with whom I have worked in Leeds, UK earlier, which made the process very easy. HR scheduled a call with a Risk Assurance Senior Manager in London. I knew this lady by name and we have exchanged emails earlier when I was working with PwC Leeds on secondment from India. The day for the interview came and no one called. Later got an email from HR, the interviewer were taken to hospital, so HR scheduled another call. This time the lady call. I know my stuff, so interview was straight. I mentioned the Partner's name whom I worked with, she told me she is going to speak to the Partner. I was in touch with the Partner for quite sometime, so that stage went well. Really no difficult questions at all. HR called to schedule 2nd interview with a London Partner and asked me to go to PwC Kuwait office for video conferencing. I couldn't commit for a video conferencing. so HR arranged a Director interview. I called the Director on the time of interview and it went well as I have given again the Partner's reference. Offer came in when I was in Sudan. I accepted the offer, left my job in Kuwait. Went to India to process Tier 2 General Visa for myself and my wife.

Negotiation Details – Please negotiate the designation as I was brought to a designation below which I should have joined. That is one of the reason I am leaving for another Big4 in London. Promotions are based on designations, so be safe than sorry later.

Human Resource Consultancy Internship Interview

Human Resource Consultancy Internship
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details Telephone interview stage, very short 20 minute interview with the first half centered around commercial awareness and the second half based on the PwC global core competencies. Annoyingly, the only two competency based questions solely focused on integrity and made it difficult to present my range of skills.
I reached that stage after submitting my initial application and passing a numerical and logical reasoning test and a psychometric assessment.

Interview Question – Wanted me to talk about the ideal client I would like to work with as a HRC for PwC. I randomly picked a large current PwC client, and was surprised by follow up questions on what challenges this particularly (random) company faces at the moment and what industries they are operating in.   Answer Question

Transaction Advisory Services Manager Interview

Transaction Advisory Services Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details assessment centre and/or case study. First interview and second interview followed by lunch.

Interview Question – where going to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

Interview Details Headhunted

Interview Question – Do you want to become a Partner   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy paid the salary I wanted plus travel and accommodation

Risk Assurance Interview

Risk Assurance

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details basic competency based questions, just prepare according to their competencies list on the website. They also ask quite specific follow up questions to make sure that you're not just making something up. lasted fro 50mins - 1hr, quite intense I'd say.

Interview Question – a time when you have to change your working styles   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC interview questions and advice. All 2,045 interview reviews are posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.