PwC

Updated 15 Dec 2014
2,525 Interview Reviews

2.9

Associate Interview

Telephone interview: structured around PwC's five core competencies, asking about two questions for each competency. Also asked for my knowledge of the position I applied for. Be sure to think about any significant things you have learnt from each example you give. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example describing how you have adapted to feedback you've received at university or in a work environment.   Answer Question

AIMS Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Online application - Standard information gathering alongside a few questions about your motivation and testing against the PwC Professional.
     --> Pyschometric Tests - Standard tests, comparable to other companies
     --> Telephone Interview - Competency based, against the PwC Professional
     --> Assessment Centre -Preparation is key, plenty of online resources and most uni's do mock centres
    --> Final 1to1 interview - 90% Competency 10% Technical, with a senior member of staff from the area you want to work in. Prepare responses to PwC Professional competencies.
    --> Offer - Say "YES"

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC? Generally the question that separates candidates.   Answer Question

Audit Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

telephone interview firstly, then assessment center, if you passed the past two, you will get partner interview.

Assessment center is the one most of people fail. the final interview is the one that most of people pass.

Assurance Interview

I went to PwC assessment centre last week. There were 3 main tasks including tests which are similar to online tests, group exercise and written exercise. Really time pressure on written exercise! I failed in AC and received the email after 3 days without feedback. I think the main reason that I failed is I did not summarize and have a deep explaining for the recommendation.

Management Consultancy Interview

application form with 500 word career motivation and why PwC?

Online tests like numeracy and logical reasoning tests are by SHL, which are pretty hard but they are relatively generous for time so calm down in the test. Personality test (which is untimed but extremely boring)

Phone interview was standard, no curveballs really but do have a ton of examples before hand. It is pain to think of something on the fly! They say they want at least 2 examples of each competencies but have 3 for each instead to be extra safe! Also, always listen to the question and clarify your understanding before answering the question!

AC repeats the online tests (not personality one, thank god!) but on paper. These are slightly harder in my opinion but I scored 99% percentile in them that time round so maybe it was just stress. The group task was just about 5-6 people reading a 12 page brief for 15 mins about sustainability and somwhere in the 25 minute discussion, some unexpected info will drop in the last 10 minutes. We actually finsihed before the last minute info came in, which was awkward but I passed anyway! Just listen to people and acknowledge everyone's input, because, apparently, that is what they want! Hazaa!

PArtner interview at the end. It is the same competency interview once again but with a string emphasis on consultancy (or other chosen service line) and PwC, which is something I did not adequately prepare for! That was a major oversight on my half and that cost me the job offer with PwC!

Risk Assurance Graduate Interview

The hire process can be found on the website. It consist of online screening, phone interview, ac and final interview.

The online test was quite simple. However, I do suggest you to take a look at the examples on their website to get familiar with the question.

Then I was booked in a phone interview. All the questions were quite normal based on the competencies listed on their website. However, one question I didn't prepare at all. Do I know the four modules of the qualification I want to get.

Interview Questions
    • Do I know the four modules of the qualification I want to get.   Answer Question

Graduate Tax Interview

Round one was a simple application form, and then had to complete Numerical and Logical tests. Once I had passed those it was a phone interview. The person on the end of the phone was friendly but they don't give anything away. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes and it was tough. I was asked 2/3 questions from each of their competencies which you can find on the website. She was very happy for me to think for a couple of minutes when I didn't have a clear answer. Make sure you use the STAR method when answering- this is what they advise on their website. I was asked about the exams I would do, and also about a recent business story so be prepared for those as well. I passed it and made it to the assessment centre.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you have had to manage a number of projects at once.   Answer Question

Shadow A Female Leader Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC.

You will have the normal interview process for interns which include online application, phone interview, and assessment centre. After the programme you will have the final interview with senior employee, potential a partner of your business line and if you are successful you will be offered a summer internship or graduate job depending on your graduation year

Graduate, London, Assurance, 2015 Interview

the hiring process was quite fast. Got the telephone interview several days after my online test. the questions are exactly structured according to their competencies. Each section of competency has two to three questions. Such as, Your understanding of ACA qualification,Discuss a recent piece of financial news that you are interested in, A time that you had to meet a number of competing deadlines,etc.

Management Consultancy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

It was similar to the telephone interview and mainly competency based, they just wanted examples where you can refer back to consulting. They just want you to be able to tick all the boxes, so give as detailed of an answer as you can and be confident when doing so.

Interview Questions
    • You must know about PwCs clients and the work they have done with them, i.e how long the project was and which divisions the client was working with.   Answer Question