PwC

2,123 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Resource Officer Interview

Resource Officer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

Interview Details First stage interview is more of an open discussion around your CV and previous experience. There are competency questions but it would seem they try to draw the right answers out in order for you to add more depth to this.
Second interview is completely competency and much more competency based. The questions are more difficult so be expected to know exactly what you are answering and how it fits with the company and role.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were aware someone had gone outside of policy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Risk Assurance Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for this positing early in June and had one of the best recruitment experiences. I submitted the online application and successfully passed the online tests. Soon after I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview. Additionally I received a call from the HR department asking me how I was preparing for the interview and offered to answer all my questions regarding the upcoming phone interview. I thought this was a very nice gesture and one that you rarely meet at a such an early stage in a recruitment process. Anyhow, the HR person suggested I read everything that is on the website and make sure I understood the new recruitment guidelines that had been updated this summer. The crucial thing for the telephone interview is to have answers prepared for all the competency based questions you can think of. There is a pdf on the PwC website that more or less has all the questions I was asked, such as: tell me about a time when you received feedback and what did you learn from this; tell me about a company that is currently doing well; what do you do to keep yourself updated with the financial news etc. This interview was one hour long and the lady was very nice. She was happy to repeat the questions if needed.

One week later I received the confirmation that I passed this stage of the interview and that I now had to book a slot for the Assessment Centre. Baring in mind that I had never been to an AC I was very nervous. I only had a week to prepare though. The HR department called me again to make sure I was happy with the AC and offered to explain what happens on the day. It was pretty straight forward. You have to resit the psychometric tests, you have to write a report and take part in a group exercise. There is nothing too complicated. Make sure you are being nice from the first moment you enter the room. They analyze absolutely every aspect of your behavior.

I was told that the report is the most time pressured test of the day, however I found it pretty easy and even finished 5 min earlier. You are given a booklet with information and asked to hand write a report in no more than two pages. Make sure you go through all the information, structure it very well and do not forget to write your recommendation.

The psychometric tests were harder than I thought. I had previously bought a package to practice as many as possible and this is what I suggest you do as well if you think you need a little bit more practice.

For the group exercise you are presented with a situation and each of the group members is given a separate brief to put forward in the discussion. During this conversation you are given 45 minutes to come to a conclusion. Make sure you speak, interact with the other group members, be polite and listen to what they have to say. I thought I didn't speak enough, however the feedback I received on this task was very good. Think outside the box and try to come up with one thing that nobody else thought about until that point in the discussion.

Good luck!

Interview Question – If you were to work in this position, who would be your ideal client?   Answer Question

Junior Management Consultant Interview

Junior Management Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview Details I first applied on-line, answering various question, then I was asked to complete both numerical and verbal reasoning tests. After this I was invited to an Assessment centre day which involved redoing the tests, a group discussion exercise and an E-tray test. After this I was invited to attend a Senior Partner Interview, this was very probing and challenging, I would everyone to do their research prior to the interview. After this hour long interview I was phoned to offer me the position.

Interview Question – Why PWC?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interview Details There's an online numerical and logical test, as well as something like a situational judgement test. the same tests in higher difficulty arise in the assessment centre. Following that there is a group exeercise and a couple of interviews, depending on your performace in the previous areas

Interview Question – the tests in the assessment centre are more difficult than the ones completed online   Answer Question

Human Resource Services Interview

Human Resource Services

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

Interview Details Online application, aptitude tests
Phone interview - questions identical to those who did the interview prior to me
Assessment centre - redo online tests, scenario based group exercise and writing a report under ridicolous time pressure. Make sure your grammar is correct and that you finish everything, noone is expecting you to over analyse anything in such a short space of time i would advise a report format; bulletpoints.
Partner Interview - very relaxed and casual

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

GRADUATE POSITION

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details Initial online application form. There were then online tests. You can use SHL to practice and they are similar. I had to do logic and numerical. You get two attempts and there is a feedback sheet that they produce about how you did on the online tests.
There is then a phone interview where they ask about the core competencies - think of a time when you showed integrity, team work, faced conflict etc. I got an email after this saying the competencies were changing so double check the website for the new ones but they list them on there and highlight the ones needed for the phone interview.
There is then an assessment center which is a half day. You do three activities: a group test, a written report and then you repeat the online tests you did but this time on paper. At the end there is a chance to talk with employees about their experiences.

Interview Question – When have you showed integrity - it just seemed difficult to think of a specific time!   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Interview

Risk Assurance
London, England

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details The AC was quite easy but you have to get involved in the group discussion. Also you have to resit the numerical and logical reasoning test but they were quite easy.

Interview Question – Group discussion   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Graduate Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details The process was as expected. Application process first. Then some online tests. A telephone interview and then an assessment center. I got up to the telephone interview. It was my first ever telephone interview so I guess that's a reason I didnt perform well. The interview was mainly competency based questions, including some standard questions like "Why PwC, what do you know about PwC and tell us a topic you are interested in the business world today.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard. The one that surprised is the one about the topic that interests me in the world today.   View Answer

Graduate Interview

Graduate
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2010.

Interview Details One phone interview and one assessment day - the assessment day involved written and numerical tests, a group exercise with other candidates and a one to one interview. They whole day lasts about 5 hours.

Interview Question – When have you demonstrated courage and integrity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Southampton, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview Details Online numerical and logical reasoning tests followed by a phone interview followed by assessment centre which is followed by a partner interview.

Assessment centre involved repeating the online tests on paper to validate scores, group task involving a consultancy scenario and a timed, written task.

Interview Question – Written task based on a pack of information and resources provided.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!