PwC Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
2,852 Interview Reviews

2.9

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC (London, England).

Interview

First interview with a director, followed by a second interview with a different director.

Both interviews were relaxed and I was made to feel at ease.

Typical competencies that are listed on the website with more specific probing into industry knowledge.

Final interview was in the morning and offer was made the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Why this profession, a conflict within a team project/my specific role, my opinion on certain current emerging trends.   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The Telephone interview consisted the questions you can find on their website on the Core Values section.
    They do not provide feedback on it if you fail.
    You can find the questions if you google them.
    Make sure you know your motivation as well.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Application form
    Online tests (numerical, logical reasoning and personality questionaire)
    Assessment center (repeated online tests and had group exercise and written exercise)
    Interview with two senior managers, mainly competency based with one commercial awareness question. Very friendly interview. Heard outcome the same day

Interview Questions

• Generally competency based questions with one commercial awareness question
      Tell me about a time that you have actively sought feedback
      Tell me about a time that you have worked as part of a team
      Tell me about a time that you have worked with someone who had a different opinion to you
      Tell me about a the piece of work which you are proudest of.

Answer Question

Management Consulting Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Online application
    Online numerical reasoning and logical reasoning tests
    Telephone interview (they ask competency based questions and are very clear on the structure of the interview) I thought mine had gone terribly but they sent me a message the next day saying that I had progressed to the next stage. The e-mail also had general feedback with lots of useful ways to improve for further stages.
    Assessment centre (you can attend this at any office, not necessarily the one that you applied to). Started off with lunch and we were able to speak with some current employees. Then retook the online tests on paper. This was followed by having to write a short report (this is extremely time pressured, make sure you include all the vital information, use bullet points to state pros and cons and make a conclusion too). Finally we had a group exercise where we were all given general information and then each given information that only we had. There were only 3 of us in my group so we were each given 2 unique info cards. Having less people made it easier for everyone to contribute. Include everybody, don't dominate the conversation and don't be too shy. At one point I asked for help from the others to check my budget calculation and this was seen as a good example of teamwork rather than not being confident with maths. They called me the next day to tell me that I'd progressed to the next stage and also to give me feedback.
    Up until this point the process had been extremely efficient, all these stages were completed in under a month and I was really pleased with the way PwC run their recruitment process. However, I then had to wait over 3 months to get a final partner interview (haven't been to this yet)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you were given feedback.   Answer Question

Haven't declined, I'm still in the process and will have a partner interview (there was no "in the process" option)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Asked 5 questions that are competency based. It could be quite intense. Think clearly of your examples and analyse it inside your brain before you answer. Keep calm, think of questions to ask at the end, show your professional experiences if you have. Just show off all you can do and all you have, don't limit yourself/be shy.

RESOURCE Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

GREAT. Applied online and hear back after a week or so for an interview. I couldnt attend the original interview time/date so a new one was arranged which was helpful. After the first interview I heard ack the next day for a second interview.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Cardiff, Wales) in March 2015.

Interview

1st stage online test
    2nd stage telephone interview
    final stage: assessment centre

The interview was very friendly and will not tell you the outcome. I received my result a couple of hours after my telephone interview ends. Remember to focus your answer on the 5 core capabilities PwC asks for instead of just answering the question without addressing the main topic.

Interview Questions

• Leadership
      Describe a time you provided a feedback?
      Global Acumen
      Describe a time you work without little guidance from your supervisor?
      Business Acumen
      What recent business news have you read?
      Technical Capabilities
      Forgotten

Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

1) Online form & tests
    2) Phone interview. I was lucky to get a really nice interviewer. He made some small talk before the starting the interview and the atmosphere was pretty relaxing. Questions mainly revolved around the 5 pwc competencies, as mentioned by previous posts. Prepare at least 2 examples to talk about for each competencies, as some of the competency requires 2 different examples. The interviewer did explain the meaning of those competencies and how do they expect you to display those values. Listen carefully to their explanation and try to draw examples that relate as much as possible. Do expect the interviewer to come out with follow up questions. Surprisingly questions like why pwc, why assurance werent asked. My interview lasted about 30mins and i got the invitation to AC after 2 working days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you receive feedback which subsequently changes the way you approach a task   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. First round was behavioral, the second (final) round included two behavioral interviews and a chat with a partner. Overall the process was pretty smooth and people were nice. The questions were pretty standard, but you get a brain teaser or a weird question once or twice in each interview, so they can see how you react.

Software Developer, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in March 2015.

Interview

Avoid. A recruiter asked if I would be interested in a role in the forensics team, so I sent them my CV, which was subsequently passed onto PwC, along with my salary expectations. I was invited for a competency-based interview at their office in Belfast. Was interviewed by 3 people. Was fairly standard interview. As it was a competency-based interview, there wasn't any technical questions. The recruiter contacted me to let me know that I was successful, and they sent through an offer which was lower than my current pay - despite the fact that I had also made clear during the interview what my current salary was. The recruiter declined the offer on my behalf and let them know what my salary expectations were. Subsequently, PwC asked to contact me directly, and I had a short telephone call with the hiring manager who discussed in considerable depth their benefits package (which was virtually identical to my current benefits package). During this call, I asked if they would be offering more than their initial offer, and the hiring manager seemed to dodge this question - I didn't get a clear answer. Nevertheless, the hiring manager invited me into the office the following week, which I agreed to under the assumption that they'd be looking to improve their offer, otherwise why would they invite me in? I went into the office the following week and the hiring manager discussed in further detail the projects and teams, and gave me a tour around the office, and finally went into a long spiel about the benefits package all over again. Towards the end of this discussion, I asked what they were offering - the figure the hiring manager gave me was 1k less than their initial offer that I had already declined, which was significantly less than my current job. I was speechless as he started going into another spiel about the benefits package and when I questioned the salary he told me, "If that's a showstopper, then so be it". I have no idea what possessed him into thinking that I was going to accept a job that was paying significantly less, even though I had already turned it down through the recruiter - and even though it was clear right from the very start what my salary expectations were. It seems to me that HR at PwC failed to pass on the message to the hiring manager that I had declined the offer - but even still it doesn't make sense that I was invited back into the office since the offer was less than my current salary. One might think that he thought I was desperate to leave my current job and was trying to take advantage of me, but yet even on that same day I made it clear to the guy that I wouldn't move unless I got the right offer and that I had no issues with my current job. The hiring manager is a useless timewaster, and the apparent lack of communication between him and the HR department is not a good sign. Don't let them waste your time and energy, apply to somewhere that doesn't treat you like absolute crap and insults you through piss-poor offers.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to develop a relationship at work, perhaps with a difficult colleague?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself up to date with business and industry trends?   Answer Question
    • How did you cope with an unreasonable deadline?   Answer Question

Offer was abysmal. Waste of time.