PwC Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated 9 Feb 2015

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

Interview

I interacted with four different recruiters regarding a marketing role, which at times was inconsistent as to who was reaching out to me providing guidance on steps in the interview process.

After my in person interview with three managers, the recruiter shared with me excellent feedback - the hiring managers loved me and had only excellent things to say about my credentials. Even the MD himself said "You're hired!" during our one on one, including how excited his team was to be meeting with me based on my background.

A week later, upon following up, I was told they had no other candidates to compare me to for the role since I exceeded the other applicants expectations, therefore they had to interview additional applicants in the interim time. I had assumed this was part of checking the box in HR. I was informed they would contact me regarding a third interview with a senior partner or go straight to offer the next week after discussions with the hiring managers.

The following week I received a phone call stating the job was given to another candidate. I felt very mislead, as per last communication the next steps were either a job offer or a final interview with a senior partner that was waiting to be scheduled.

After over a month of the recruitment process, I can honestly say I am quite disappointed by PWC's misleading expectations. Thankfully I was interviewing with additional companies, but can certainly state based on my past experience, I will not be applying at the PWC organisation again.

Interview Questions

• Not a fan of the newly implemented recruitment process. The managers asked questions regarding business acumen and leadership that felt very scripted and read off of a piece of paper. For a consultancy firm, I expected a more personalised approach to ask about my qualifications and past experience. It was a bit dry, and though part of the process, not impressed compared to interviewing with previous companies.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

Hiring process is pretty efficient. Generally starts with a short screening call to make sure you've got the right temperament to work at PwC (upbeat, positive, intelligent, works well with others), then moves on to a live interview with about 3 different people on the same day, just to get a better feel for what you bring to the table. Those 3 interviewers compare notes on all applicants and make recommendations. Final step is a quick call with a partner, but this is just a formality if you've reached this far.

Interview Questions

• what was the hardest thing about leading a project that involved coordinating a large group of people   1 Answer

Negotiation

uses slotted system with ranges, so you could ask for more money and if you were top candidate, they may pay more

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2010.

Interview

It was very friendly and communication skills were the first they looked at.

Interview Questions

• I'm going to a partner meeting now. They are going to ask me to do hold an event we don't need. How would you reply to them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the top salary for my level. Advice - ask as much as you know you cost. In case there's a competition for this position be ready to name a smaller number. But only if you're interested in this particular company/ industry.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2008.

Interview

There were four interviews. The first was simply with the internal recruiter to validate my experience and personality fit. There were a lot of behavioural interview questions. The second interview was with the head of Marketing. This interview was much more technical and focused on my marketing expertise. The last two were with Partners. The first was with the Managing Partner and the second with with on of the line of service leaders. These were much more relaxed interviews. In fact, one of those two was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you dealt with a situation where you were the victim of/witness of unethical or inappropriate conduct.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although the position had identified a salary range, I went into the negotiation phase and presented my minimum salary requirements. I explained why I felt I was worth more than the salary range indicated in the posting. When I presented my salary expectations, I also set out my total compensation expectations and told them that I was flexible with the balance of the compensation. We agreed on a bonus, parking, fitness allowance and their traditional medical/dental/vision and RRSP/pension programs.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview

Very organised, prompt in arranging and communicating interview, however interviewer was not very friendly or detailed in job description was more interested in informing me of lack of scope for vertical growth...

Interview Questions

• In our department we don't have much scope for ascension up the ladder as our department is already fully staffed with experience persons how do you feel about this given the fact you are potentially thinking of working with us?   1 Answer