PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Applied online and did a few numerical tests. Pretty straightforward. Had the telephone interview that asked the typical competency questions but also about the UK economy in general which I was not expecting. Assessment Centre was fun. Had to have a dicussion and write a report on a company. Also had to do numerical and logical reasoning tests which were alot harder than the online ones!

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee  in  London Colney, England
    Anonymous Employee in London Colney, England

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in January 2008.

I interviewed in London for a Tax Associate positon in the Gatwick office. The recruiters were nice and friendly. I was asked to complete a skilss/IQ test, and complete a case study,I t took about 1hr 1/2. I then interviewed with another HR person 1:1, they said I did o.k., but was too introverted for the position.

Friends who have landed successful jobs with the big4 all say the same thing...they really want/like outgoing people who can potentially generate business for the firm. Fair enough!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to complete a task under really tight time contrains   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Applied on campus. Did in campus interivews than interviews at the local office. After passing those interviews, I got flown out to the DC metro area for another round of office interviews. Everybody in the process is positive and nice. They also let you stay in big hotels and take you out to expensive restaurants to butter you up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time of an ethical dilemma you faced at work and what you did in that situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There is not negotiation. Salary is pretty much set in stone. Take it or leave it. There are so many people willing to work these jobs that big four accounting firms don't have to be as flexible as possible.

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

I applied for this positing early in October, I submitted the online application. Soon after I received an email inviting me to testing. Here is the whole processed for Belgrade office:

- First phase is skills, English and IQ tests
    - Second phase is group exercise
    - Third phase is Line manager and HR manager interview
    - Final phase is interview with a LoS Partner

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2014.

The hiring recruitment is so strange because had an interview on May 2014 but the job will start on Apr 2015. Also, you need to choose the way of interview between campus way and experienced way.

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at PwC.

Knowing someone will help make it easier to get into the company as it is largely based on word of mouth. Having prior experience can help or coming from another Big 4 company.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Recruitment process started with sending cover letter and resume to somebody I knew in the firm, who then forwarded those materials to HR and the tax team. Had a phone interview with one of the managers shortly afterwards. A few weeks later, I interviewed at the office with two partners and a staff member. Office was located within a skyscraper. Interviewers mostly asked traditional interview questions rather than behavioral or situation questions. Interview concluded with lunch with two associates. Received job offer two weeks later; however, I was required to reply within a limited period of time.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

They will ask you to tell them about yourself. They will be looking out for teamwork examples, and whether you're a teamplayer. The interview process is very relaxed. Basically just be yourself!

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

They are looking to make sure you are a fit for their group. "can i stand to work with this person 18 hours day" is a question which i think is going through their head as they ask canned HR questions

Interview Questions
    • Need to make sure you do as much research as possible about the group.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a year or more - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

On-Campus Interview (1), then in office interviews (usually 2 or 3, with manager and partners)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, easy behavorial questions. Mostly asking about you and why you want to join the firm   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!