PwC Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (London, England) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online and did a few numerical tests. Pretty straightforward. Had the telephone interview that asked the typical competency questions but also about the UK economy in general which I was not expecting. Assessment Centre was fun. Had to have a dicussion and write a report on a company. Also had to do numerical and logical reasoning tests which were alot harder than the online ones!

Interview Questions

• Present value of a share to be recieved in 4 years time?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in London Colney, England

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (London Colney, England) in January 2008.

Interview

I interviewed in London for a Tax Associate positon in the Gatwick office. The recruiters were nice and friendly. I was asked to complete a skilss/IQ test, and complete a case study,I t took about 1hr 1/2. I then interviewed with another HR person 1:1, they said I did o.k., but was too introverted for the position.

Friends who have landed successful jobs with the big4 all say the same thing...they really want/like outgoing people who can potentially generate business for the firm. Fair enough!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to complete a task under really tight time contrains   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through college's career website. First round was behavioral on campus, and the final round was at their office and included 1 interview with partner, 1 interview with director and 1 interview with manager. They assigned a buddy to help you go through the process. The final rounds were on a Friday and I received the offer via phone on Monday. Overall process went really well. Everybody at PwC is genuinely nice, and they are more than willing to help. Know your resume very well.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

There were 3 rounds - hr, manager & partner round. Hr asks general questions and checks you stress handling capabilities and your communication skills. Manager round is a technical round teating your knowledge and past experience. Partner round is again a general cum technical round and the final round. Post that the offer is made.

Interview Questions

• what is the one thing that you like about PwC?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round of interviews was with one partner and this part was your standard Q&A session. The second round of interviews is difficult because it was a full day at one of their office locations, interviewed with 5-7 different partners and managers. The hard part is staying energetic and engaged. The second round of interviews is where I received behavioral and technical type questions by a few interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you failed professionally, what did you learn from this?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Multi-person interview, striving to find a four stage component of each candidate. I don't remember it from the follow up briefing, but some were technical knowledge, leadership, et alia.the stuff was incredibly professional and accommodating. They interviews were much more personal than substantive in material. It was obvious that PWC was striving to find quality people to train and mentor, overall the process although it took several weeks was limited stress.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the location?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

I've got my first round PwC interview on Wednesday. They just asked some general questions. 20 mins. Applied thru campus and went to NYC. Describe a time you were under stress ? Why tax? Why PWC?

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university. We were scheduled for 30 minute interviews. I spent the first few minutes talking about myself before the interviewers asked any questions. It was a pretty easy and low-key interview. The interview went smoothly and it was very conversational and we spent several minutes discussing the office dynamics and my role within the firm.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you prefer?
      How would you like to spend your work days?
      What would you do if you knew a co-worker was leaking confidential client information?

Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

Spoke on the phone with a partner for about 30 minutes. Flew me to the Dallas office for an in-person interview. Interviewed with 2 partners, 2 directors, a manager, and a senior associate all in one day. Very relaxed interview process, all very nice. Feeling out whether or not I would fit into the team's atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational, but most difficult question would be: why PwC over a law firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still negotiating salary.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple employees with different titles. The interviewers were all friendly. I expected to meet with more but giving the timing and the holidays, I only met with 3. I believe I would have been in a better position had I met with more partners that were responsible for hiring associates within the group.