PwC Tax Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb 2015

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and got a call from a recruiter within a few days and scheduled an in person interview. First interviewed with the director, then the partner, and then the manager. The recruiter always kept in touch and responded to my emails promptly. Was offered the position within a couple hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. However, I never felt discouraged from doing so. I just didn't feel it was necessary.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied on line and had phone interview within one week of applying. Phone interview was quick overview of your resume with HR. HR was quick to turn around and provide feedback on if your resume would be submitted to hiring managers. Interviewed with two senior managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do increase your network and find possible business opportunities?   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruiters are highly responsive and don't leave you hanging unlike some other firms. Had a short conversation with recruiter followed by on-site interviews with four people. Recruiter was wiling to discuss other positions after telling me that I lacked sufficient experience for the position I had interviewed for. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial interview was at a recruiting event for tax attorneys. I was interviewed by two people--a principle and a director. Then I had a follow up interview for a position with their National Tax department in D.C. Five other people were interviewing at the same time. The follow up interview consisted of a 30 minute intro to the company, followed by six 30-minute interviews with upper-level principles and directors. In between interviews, the interviewees were taken to lunch with some of the current associates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle a mistake on a billion dollar deal.   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

The communication with the PwC recruiter was very unprofessional. I did not feel like I was being addressed as a professional, and there was a general tone and attitude in all my communication with them.

Interview Questions

• What were you evaluated in your last evaluation at your employer?   Answer Question

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I received an interview through my schools OCI program. I was flown to Boston where I interviewed with 1 Partner and 2 Directors. The interviews were informal and character based questions. Nearly 4 months have gone by, and I have not heard anything back, although I know the position was filled. It would have been nice to receive some kind of indication that an offer would not be made, after spending 2 days traveling back and forth to interview. Otherwise, the office was lovely, and the people seemed nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if 2 different partners assigned you projects and you did not think you had time to do them both.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer