QinetiQ North America Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2014
32 interviews

2.5

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2010.

This company was not truthful about the current situation. They were misleading intentionally so that someone would take the job. Even when they knew the company was going to be sold, they would not tell the applicants because they thought no one would accept the positions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were politically incorrect and in some cases insulting. Most unprofessional interview ever!   Answer Question

I had another offer from someone else in the company.

I T Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bound Brook, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bound Brook, NJ (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 months - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2010.

I was initially contacted by a headhunter and told the hiring process could take up to six months due to a background security check. After approval, a series of three interviews were given and an offer of employment made. I accepted the offer and an official "on-boarding" meeting with H.R. was held prior to beginning at the client site.

Interview Questions
    • During the background check: "Is there any reason someone might be able to influence you?" It's a question that requires some thought.   View Answer
    It was asked if the offer was acceptable and I answered, yes.

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in March 2010.

The interviewing process was rather straight forward. I believe that I have more experience and capabilities than the people that interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • As I said, I believe that i have more experience and capabilities than those that interviewed me. I did not encounter any questioning that i viewed as difficult.   View Answer
    Simple!

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in September 2009.

Submitted resume, then took a telephone interview

Acceptable

Technical Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in February 2012.

Phone interview, asked about formatting, previous writing contribution and took word test

Interview Questions
    • Discuss writing potential in an under staffed environment   Answer Question
    On the spot during interview. Negotiated pay and relocation.

Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in March 2011.

Good interview, fast turn around and opportunity to go direct is always there

Interview Questions
    • None, they have good interview chemistry and if you can substantiate what is on your resume the trust you   View Answer
    Mutually agreed upon

Staff Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in August 2013.

Was contacted by corporate after applying online, took a while to hear back from them - a few weeks. Set up the interview in a day or two, they were flexible on timing which was nice.

Met with 3 people at once, unique for me at least, but saved some time.

They asked me basic questions about my work experience, skills I had etc. Nothing too grilling technically, like asking me to derive op-amp transfer functions etc.

All 3 were very engaging and willing to answer questions honestly and openly about the company. Very nice facility, and seemed like a good place to work, perhaps a bit over-booked with work, but that's what good management does - keeps the work back logged, and feeds it to you appropriately and with good timing.

No offer has come yet because I have a round 2 interview, the EE manager was out of the office that day, a minor goof by HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the complexity of circuit board designs I had done   View Answer

Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Quantico, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Quantico, VA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately given an interview. After waiting in their lobby for about 20, minutes, I was lead into a conference room with the interviewer. The interviewer asked where I had driven from (which was about 1.5 hours away from their Quantico location) and why i wanted to leave. He then stated that the position is already being filled by an internal employee, and it's only a formality to get interview all other qualified candidates. When I mentioned that it was a waste of a drive if they had already chosen someone, he repeated that his boss just "told him to speak to everyone interviewing to let them know the position is no longer available." Completely unprofessional and a waste of time.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at QinetiQ North America in November 2009.

Uncomplicated, picked up by a recruiter on a firm, four-month contract with no possibility for extension. One week later, QNA was sufficiently impressed that I got an offer. The only interviewer I spoke with was the PM.

Interview Questions
    • Whether I felt comfortable having to break into systems for the client.   View Answer

Data Monitor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at QinetiQ North America.

How do you feel about smaller work environments

Worked for QinetiQ North America? Contribute to the Community!