Qualcomm

799 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staffing Specialist Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details two onsite interviews plus three phone interviews, a little repetitive but it was good to get access to lots of different people to ask them questions. Had to speak with people in the US so those interviews were in the evening but that was fine. covered my general background, industry knowledge, most difficult hires, dealing with line managers,strengths, weaknesses

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Interview Details Telephonic-->F2F--> HR

There was some mis-communication between HR and tech manager. She passed on the wrong profile. Manager just asked me what happens when mobile is turned on.

Interview Question – What happens when mobile is switched on   View Answer

Senior DSP Software Engineer Interview

Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

Interview Details Applied online, called on phone interview within 2 weeks. The phone interview was from my would be manager who said the interview would take 30 minutes. Instead, we talked for 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Two weks later I get notice from some person at Qualcomm to tell me I need to have two more phone interviews with people in SAN DIEGO. WTF? I mean the job is in the UK so why do tech people in San Diego need to talk to me?

Anyway, talk to people in San Diego. First person calls a bit late, interview runs 45 mins instead of the allotted 30, which makes me late for the next call, and the next interviewer huffily blames the lateness on me. Both San Diego interviews were technical but amounted to mostly me explaining how to multiply two fixed point numbers and minor uninteresting C specific type questions. Nothing is said about the actual job..

Invited to onsite interview in the UK.
The in person interview was very technical with details not very relevant to the position. They asked me again how to multiply floating point numbers. You'd think that they'd know how to look it up by now! Then they asked me "what's a Q15 representation?" all questions that were rather too specific and irrelevant to a comms DSP position. Then I got a written test, with questions involving deciphering what a piece of code was doing. The piece of code was computing x raised to the power n but it was programmed in a very weird, obfuscated, inneficient way involving taking modulo of n to determine whether n was odd or even, etc (lots of unnecessary steps) that made me worry that that was the way they actually wrote code at Qualcomm. They also asked me what is j raised to the power j and when I answered "It is sqrt(minus one) raised to the sqrt(minus one) " they didn't like the answer.

They did not describe to me what the job entailed, nor gave me time to ask questions or look much at the real work they were doing other than a very cursory, superficial "lab tour".

Two weeks later, they said "they wanted to move forward with the offer".

Then silence. Two weeks after that I wrote to ask what was going on. They claimed they wanted to discuss the offer by phone. I asked "what offer since you haven't sent me one". They were adamant on only discussing things verbally, nothing was ever written.

After a month I finally got an informal "offer" by email, detailing salary, but being nonspecific on other benefits including stock option price and vesting period and bonuses, thus giving me no real way to seriously evaluate the offer due to lack of details.

Interview Question – Analyze a piece of code which was incredibly badly written   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Compensation level was too low. Interviewers seemed too concerned with irrelevant, obscure details of implementation as opposed to big picture, important fundamentals and DSP and communications theory. Incompetent HR also made me wary of ever working there. But especially compensation offered was WAY too low for such a supposedly successful "top 100 companies to work for" company.

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2007.

Interview Details After applying I received a reply in one week for on site interview.
Overall the interview was pretty much technical. Questions ranged from regarding university project till the actual communication theory. I will advise to study your communications related modules properly before the interview.
Also the background of the company is important but I think it depends on whom is interviewing. I was interviewed by only engineers and hence wasn't really asked as much house keeping questions as I would had normally been.

Interview Questions

Multimedia Test Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details Interview was all around my resume and master's project.

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details 1 Programming task, 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – Most questions were based on multithreading and optimization.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details 2 Telephonic interviews

Interview Question – Be good at whatever you have mentioned in your resume   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Manager, Business Development Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details Meet with multiple executives from various disciplines. Engineering, business, finance. Pretty thorough process. Need a minimum education level (masters) to get into the door. Lots of PhDs hired as well. Multiple rounds for interviews to see about fit.

Interview Question – How to handle customers in a difficult situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy negotiation as they accepted all my demands. Push as hard as you can once you get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details They will take in details interview total 5 rounds.

Interview Question – Operating systems   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice. All 799 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.