Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,120 Interview Reviews

3.1

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (London, England).

Interview

two onsite interviews plus three phone interviews, a little repetitive but it was good to get access to lots of different people to ask them questions. Had to speak with people in the US so those interviews were in the evening but that was fine. covered my general background, industry knowledge, most difficult hires, dealing with line managers,strengths, weaknesses

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (London, England) in July 2011.

Interview

Telephonic-->F2F--> HR

There was some mis-communication between HR and tech manager. She passed on the wrong profile. Manager just asked me what happens when mobile is turned on.

Interview Questions

• What happens when mobile is switched on   1 Answer

PCB Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Qualcomm (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England) in April 2011.

Interview

Was taken over by Qualcomm who needed us to get them into Europe in the design of WCDMA as we had the best team of design engineers in the UK.

Interview Questions

• Work hard and you will be rewarded   1 Answer

Interim Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England) in March 2010.

Interview

Very technical interview; high emphasis on the skills required for the job; C/C++ and Assembly questions

Interview Questions

• Programming puzzles in C, which I was then asked to translate to assembly   Answer Question

Senior DSP Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England) in November 2009.

Interview

Applied online, called on phone interview within 2 weeks. The phone interview was from my would be manager who said the interview would take 30 minutes. Instead, we talked for 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Two weks later I get notice from some person at Qualcomm to tell me I need to have two more phone interviews with people in SAN DIEGO. WTF? I mean the job is in the UK so why do tech people in San Diego need to talk to me?

Anyway, talk to people in San Diego. First person calls a bit late, interview runs 45 mins instead of the allotted 30, which makes me late for the next call, and the next interviewer huffily blames the lateness on me. Both San Diego interviews were technical but amounted to mostly me explaining how to multiply two fixed point numbers and minor uninteresting C specific type questions. Nothing is said about the actual job..

Invited to onsite interview in the UK.
    The in person interview was very technical with details not very relevant to the position. They asked me again how to multiply floating point numbers. You'd think that they'd know how to look it up by now! Then they asked me "what's a Q15 representation?" all questions that were rather too specific and irrelevant to a comms DSP position. Then I got a written test, with questions involving deciphering what a piece of code was doing. The piece of code was computing x raised to the power n but it was programmed in a very weird, obfuscated, inneficient way involving taking modulo of n to determine whether n was odd or even, etc (lots of unnecessary steps) that made me worry that that was the way they actually wrote code at Qualcomm. They also asked me what is j raised to the power j and when I answered "It is sqrt(minus one) raised to the sqrt(minus one) " they didn't like the answer.

They did not describe to me what the job entailed, nor gave me time to ask questions or look much at the real work they were doing other than a very cursory, superficial "lab tour".

Two weeks later, they said "they wanted to move forward with the offer".

Then silence. Two weeks after that I wrote to ask what was going on. They claimed they wanted to discuss the offer by phone. I asked "what offer since you haven't sent me one". They were adamant on only discussing things verbally, nothing was ever written.

After a month I finally got an informal "offer" by email, detailing salary, but being nonspecific on other benefits including stock option price and vesting period and bonuses, thus giving me no real way to seriously evaluate the offer due to lack of details.

Interview Questions

• Analyze a piece of code which was incredibly badly written   1 Answer

Compensation level was too low. Interviewers seemed too concerned with irrelevant, obscure details of implementation as opposed to big picture, important fundamentals and DSP and communications theory. Incompetent HR also made me wary of ever working there. But especially compensation offered was WAY too low for such a supposedly successful "top 100 companies to work for" company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2007.

Interview

After applying I received a reply in one week for on site interview.
    Overall the interview was pretty much technical. Questions ranged from regarding university project till the actual communication theory. I will advise to study your communications related modules properly before the interview.
    Also the background of the company is important but I think it depends on whom is interviewing. I was interviewed by only engineers and hence wasn't really asked as much house keeping questions as I would had normally been.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company which set up the phone interview with the hiring manager. The process took about a month. The phone interview was mostly basic computer architecture questions. It lasted about 40 minutes

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I got a phone interview from a Technical Engineer. He asked me the question all about resume and ADC testing and PLL testing. I thinked I answered all of them correctly. But I did not get the on-site interview. I can not understand how do they select people. I think I missed a good opportunity. I hope I do have best luck at job seeking.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Interview took place on site as I was local. I met with a total of five individuals from the team I was being considered for including the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager was more of a conversation and took place over a lunch. The other interviewers asked very technical questions.