Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,041 Interview Reviews

3.1

Staffing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

two onsite interviews plus three phone interviews, a little repetitive but it was good to get access to lots of different people to ask them questions. Had to speak with people in the US so those interviews were in the evening but that was fine. covered my general background, industry knowledge, most difficult hires, dealing with line managers,strengths, weaknesses

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Telephonic-->F2F--> HR

There was some mis-communication between HR and tech manager. She passed on the wrong profile. Manager just asked me what happens when mobile is turned on.

Interview Questions
    • What happens when mobile is switched on   View Answer

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Very technical interview; high emphasis on the skills required for the job; C/C++ and Assembly questions

Interview Questions
    • Programming puzzles in C, which I was then asked to translate to assembly   Answer Question

Senior DSP Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

Applied online, called on phone interview within 2 weeks. The phone interview was from my would be manager who said the interview would take 30 minutes. Instead, we talked for 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Two weks later I get notice from some person at Qualcomm to tell me I need to have two more phone interviews with people in SAN DIEGO. WTF? I mean the job is in the UK so why do tech people in San Diego need to talk to me?

Anyway, talk to people in San Diego. First person calls a bit late, interview runs 45 mins instead of the allotted 30, which makes me late for the next call, and the next interviewer huffily blames the lateness on me. Both San Diego interviews were technical but amounted to mostly me explaining how to multiply two fixed point numbers and minor uninteresting C specific type questions. Nothing is said about the actual job..

Invited to onsite interview in the UK.
    The in person interview was very technical with details not very relevant to the position. They asked me again how to multiply floating point numbers. You'd think that they'd know how to look it up by now! Then they asked me "what's a Q15 representation?" all questions that were rather too specific and irrelevant to a comms DSP position. Then I got a written test, with questions involving deciphering what a piece of code was doing. The piece of code was computing x raised to the power n but it was programmed in a very weird, obfuscated, inneficient way involving taking modulo of n to determine whether n was odd or even, etc (lots of unnecessary steps) that made me worry that that was the way they actually wrote code at Qualcomm. They also asked me what is j raised to the power j and when I answered "It is sqrt(minus one) raised to the sqrt(minus one) " they didn't like the answer.

They did not describe to me what the job entailed, nor gave me time to ask questions or look much at the real work they were doing other than a very cursory, superficial "lab tour".

Two weeks later, they said "they wanted to move forward with the offer".

Then silence. Two weeks after that I wrote to ask what was going on. They claimed they wanted to discuss the offer by phone. I asked "what offer since you haven't sent me one". They were adamant on only discussing things verbally, nothing was ever written.

After a month I finally got an informal "offer" by email, detailing salary, but being nonspecific on other benefits including stock option price and vesting period and bonuses, thus giving me no real way to seriously evaluate the offer due to lack of details.

Interview Questions
    • Analyze a piece of code which was incredibly badly written   View Answer

Compensation level was too low. Interviewers seemed too concerned with irrelevant, obscure details of implementation as opposed to big picture, important fundamentals and DSP and communications theory. Incompetent HR also made me wary of ever working there. But especially compensation offered was WAY too low for such a supposedly successful "top 100 companies to work for" company.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2007.

After applying I received a reply in one week for on site interview.
    Overall the interview was pretty much technical. Questions ranged from regarding university project till the actual communication theory. I will advise to study your communications related modules properly before the interview.
    Also the background of the company is important but I think it depends on whom is interviewing. I was interviewed by only engineers and hence wasn't really asked as much house keeping questions as I would had normally been.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Career Fair at my University, gave my resume and called for an in-person 45 minute technical interview. Asked a lot of questions on C++. Asked if I knew about sorting algorithms and then asked me to sort 10 random numbers using mergesort. Also gave me a sheet of paper with a C++ function on it and asked me to point out the mistakes.

Interview Questions
    • The counterfeit coin problem with 12 coins   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied online for a college graduate job. It had multiple streams ranging from TCP/IP to Graphics drivers. I got an email from technical lead to schedule phone interview.
    Questions weren't hard.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what happens when you press a key in the keyboard. Explain Thrashing, Paging, floating point vs integer arithmetic.   Answer Question

Interim Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

I applied online on the careers site. I had one phone interview with a manager. He went through my resume briefly, asked me what I like about technology, where I see myself in the future, what my interests are, and specifics about projects I had worked on. I was surprised that there were not more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was remembering how I implemented certain aspects of my past projects e.g. what algorithms I used, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I went to the career fair offered at my school and dropped off my resume at Qualcomm. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter who scheduled an interview for me on campus. It was a one time interview and I got an offer less than a week after. I got 2 coding questions and one puzzle. The first one was to identify bugs on some simple code. Second one was to return the most frequent character in a given string.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to concepts in C and embedded systems that I did not learn yet. One of them was what is a union in C?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

See how can you take the job are .. Do you have the real potential .. are u a problem solver .. Communication skills
    Rigorous interview For Full day 5 Rounds