Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Question – How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Boulder, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was really well tailored to select for critical thinking and problem solving rather than learned skills. The interviewers were clearly very technically skilled but still more concerned with creativity.

Interview Question – I was presented with a stack of one dollar bills and told to sort them, with no further explanation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2011.

Interview Details I was interviewed during Campus selection. There were 2 technical round of interviews with one HR round. We also had one screening round with small technical question. We were offered the job on the same day. Overall Qualcomm selected 4 people from our campus in Computer science branch for Hyderabad Location. HR round was just for talking there were no relevant question. It was too general.

Interview Question – Questions were simple related to Operating system mostly. Mainly from sceduling, Inter process communication.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details Began with a phone screen interview which was all technical for about 45 mins to an hour. Called for on-site interview with 5-6 rounds. My first interviewer did not show up on time and the whole interview process was delayed by an hour and half. All the interviews after that were standard. But the interviewers were thoroughly unprofessional. They almost seemed disinterested in taking my interview and were making faces. Looking at their computer screen while hearing my answers and asking me questions.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions as such. I was asked a questions on details of MP3 format which were a little difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from another company. Also, I was very unimpressed with the team in general and the whole interview process. If they cant even conduct an interview properly, I can only imagine the quality of work they might be doing.

Intern Engineer Interview

Intern Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details Submit Resume through online. Contact after 3 weeks. Call me to setup an interview onsite. People are nice. Interview questions are very basics for an electrical engineer. Asking basic EE questions

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. All big company asked the same questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
 asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

Interview Question – more question on TCP layer and routing algorithms   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details After they finished screening my resume, I was invited to join a conference call to talk with 2 good engineers at HQ to access my previous experience and how well I understand what I worked on. I also had to meet several people at the local office to assess my general communication skills.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. I don't think you will be surprised at job interviews at Qualcomm.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2014.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with human resources coordinator
2 phone interviews with hiring manager
In-person interview with a staffing specialist to begin the on-site interview process
In-person interview (panel style with 4 directors, 1 manager, 1 VP); lasted 1 hour; informal in nature

Interview Question – Started inview asking if I had any questions
Pop-psychology questions were strange
  Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details This was an interview for a contract position. An hour long technical phone interview was set up in very short time. The interviewer called the specified time, he was prompt. Mainly discussed the resume and go over past projects.

Interview Question – Covered the resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, recruiter reached out, set up 2 phone interviews: first being knowledge-based questions about C, static variables, recursion, stack frame and function calls, efficiency of sort algorithms. Second phone interview was 2 coding questions: first was a strange bit shifting problem involving unsigned ints, second was one I had seen before involving linked lists.

Interview Question – Anything asked about C in the first interview.   View Answer