Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
1,037 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Got phone interview request. Followe by 1:1 interview. Depends on what programming language you choose you get questions. I chose C. Here are the few questions
    Difference between inline function and Macro.
    What is pointer
    What is heap memory allocation and stack memory allocation?
    When do you get segmentation fault
    what is friend function

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2014.

On campus recruiting event, I gave out my resume and got an on campus interview after a week. The interview goes pretty bad but the dinner after the interview was awesome. After a week I got an email from the nice HR said I didn't get the position.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

The Interview was well set and precise to the point.
    The Interview was for 2hr. Covering the topics of Logic Design, Verification Concepts, Hardware designing questions, C and C++.
    FPGA Concepts, Functional Testing.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

great interview team efforts. relax and no pressure. willing to go deep in technology if asked by candidate. focusing on culture/value not just technology and skill know how. interview time used effectively. May have a 3 steps for interview process total includes phone screen, 1x1 (team and managers), 1x1 (VP of Operation)

Interview Questions
    • why you want to leave your current employee? what is your current base salary? what would be the most three things you like in your work careers that made you proud?   Answer Question

Interim Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Met with recruiter on campus. Invited to program at Qualcomm then did mock interviews. We did a phone interview and a in person interview. Didn't get offered for first summer. Got offered for next summer.

Interview Questions
    • The coin question. Find the coin that has a different weight out of 9 coins.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Had one on-campus interview after the career fair. Didn't get an offer. Later I had two phone interviews and got an offer. The interview questions are fair. Not too hard comparing to some other software companies.

Interim Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Very straightforward and fast, 2 Interviews, 1 for QCT and 1 for R&D. If you just interview for QCT then there will be 1 interview. Both were about the same level of difficulty. Just be sure to ask a lot of questions about their experience and demonstrate a lot of interest/knowledge about what Qualcomm actually does.

Interview Questions
    • Not anything too difficult, know some object-oriented basics   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

The interview process at Qualcomm was very professional, but a little slow moving. After applying on the company website I had a phone interview two weeks later, and then a second phone interview two weeks after that. The first interview involved analyzing the frequency response of a basic circuit, and the second interview consisted of a huge range of questions about different IC design topics.

Interview Questions
    • What determines in band and out of band phase noise in a PLL?   Answer Question

Mixed Signal Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

The interview was very technical - more than I expected. No question was asked about my profile or the job profile as such. Directly technical questions were asked. And sometimes its very tough to understand technical questions over the phone to answer then correctly. At the end I was able to answer some parts but it took too much time to understand the questions correctly.

Interview Questions
    • noise due to current source of diff-amp taken differentialy   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Had an on site interview at my University. They asked about my projects and a couple technical questions.The technical questions were nothing too hard, material that you should've learned in your classes.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time that you had trouble with another teammate?   Answer Question