Quest Diagnostics

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phlebotomist Interview

Phlebotomist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details About a 2 hour interview process if you get a second interview. Many questions in the first interview about 10 pages of questions and test of knowledge of tubes. The second part allowed for more questions about the company and very open. Honest communication was there. It was relaxed and there was a flow of conversation that felt natural.

Interview Question – Most are what would you do in this situation type questions, if you would report other employees for not following rules or slacking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was involved.

MLT Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in February 2013.

Interview Details I was initially employed as by a contract employee through Aerotek, had one interview with Aerotek then one interview with a Quest manager, about an hour later I was hired by Aerotek for the position with Quest. I worked about 3 months as a contract employee then was offered a job at Quest.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict within the workplace?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position I was offered ended due to unforeseen circumstances.

Very Easy Interview

Phlebotomist Interview

San Carlos, CA (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

Interview Details I was selected to complete my externship at Quest Diagnostics by Fast Response, the school where I received my phlebotomy training.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details Easy interview, got the job later in the afternoon

Interview Question – make you sell a product to them   Answer Question

Float Phlebotomy Interview

Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2013.

Interview Details Not exactly sure when I applied but I would guess turnaround time was not very quick. Maybe three months? Maybe more like 6? Not even sure how I applied, I think it must've been on their own website. I don't think I submitted a resume or cover letter. It was a little tricky to get ahold of someone.

Interview Question – Questions were all very straightforward, ranging from salary expectations (I gave a range) to how you handle difficult patients or coworkers. One interesting question was "have you ever been asked to do something outside of your normal job duty?" and elaborate on that. All questions were open ended and I drew my answers from all my prior positions, not just one in particular. I brought as many questions as I was asked. It was a nice dialogue.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked how many years of experience I had and what kind of salary requirements I had. I was not offered the position immediately following the interview. It took a few weeks.

Route Service Representative Interview

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2013.

Interview Details Initial screening on phone. Then face to face which was fairly easy. Then initial offer was made, which I accepted. Lots of paperwork which took 2 weeks. More paperwork and training took over a week. Not the easiest job to get overall with tons of paperwork.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was how do you handle internal / inter-office conflicts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Initial offer after interview. Then sign a bunch of paperwork with all the details.

Patient Account Representative Interview

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in April 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview then two separate face to face interviews

Interview Question – I felt all questions were easy to answer   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

Account Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview Details Because I was referred to the hiring manager through a personal contact, the first meeting was casual over coffee to feel out personality and discuss the Company as a whole, the local market, and the jobs available along with their descriptions/performance expectations. This was followed by online application and the basic HR department phone interview to check the boxes of eligibility, job history, background as well as the hiring process description. The hiring manager called me to describe interview style and refer me to a video to prepare for a product presentation that I would give to him. I then had a panel interview with the hiring manager, his equivalent counterpart from another district, and a HR representative. The interview questions were the basic sort at first, then directed more toward my business plan, application of soft skills to this particular position, goals and contributions to the team and company beyond the job description. Finally, I "detailed" a current product to the hiring manager as the customer. My follow-up communication was by phone and although I wasn't hired for the position I interviewed for, I was offered an equal position with the counterpart manager who had an opening become available.

Interview Question – The most difficult response that I was asked to give was to a statement that although similar in type, this position was much more challenging than the position I had just left and how was I going to handle that when I was used to cruising by...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Due to the nature of the local market and HR set offerings, there was very little negotiation.

Route Service Representative Interview

Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in February 2012.

Interview Details Interview was situation questions over the phone. Just answer the questions truthfully.

Interview Question – It was easy   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2013.

Interview Details Went well, hiring manager was very nice. Got simple questions during interview. Had a ride-along with another rep that went well. Still waiting to hear back from the recruiter to find out if I move on the next process. I have high hopes for this job. If you are fortunate enough to interview with Quest, be prepared do your research and know what the path you woudl like to pursue.

Interview Question – waiting   Answer Question