Quest Diagnostics

Updated 5 Feb 2015
Updated 5 Feb 2015

2.7

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in September 2014.

I was contacted by HR after applying online. The first time HR contacted me a brief conversation turned into an over the phone interview which then lead to scheduling an on site interview. Since HRs initial contact with me turned into the actual phone interview I felt It was exactly how a phone interview should be it just was very smooth yet direct and to the point. They scheduled my face to face interview at the end of the phone call for two days later. My in person interview was about 45 minutes long with various questions asked. I was asked about my prior experience in detail, how I felt I could contribute to the company and what I was looking for from a manger and co workers. The interview went smooth it just flowed and they made me feel very comfortable. I was offered the position a week and a half later and the rest is history.

Specimen Technician I Interview

For the phone interview, they asked very basic interview questions i.e. What do you know about our company, why do you want to work for this company, what experience do you have that relates to this job.I didn't have any experience relating to this job, and maybe that is why I never got a face to face interview. Overall, compared to other interviews I have had this one asked the most basic and common interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were moving the job location from Southern to Northern California, and they asked me if I was okay with that.   Answer Question

Billing Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2014.

Applied for position and got a call for phone interview 2 days later phone screening lasted about 20min .was asked to schedule an in person interview the following Monday. The face to face interview lasted only 5 min they asked 5 questions and said most of the questions they had were asked during the phone screening. I was nervous at first but they don't even look at u during the interview,they were too busy writing my responses. They said I will receive a call from the person who held the phone interview,It's been 2days and I'm still awaiting an offer

Interview Questions
    • They ask behavioral based questions you have to pretty much tell a story.
      " name a time you disagreed with your supervisor? What did you do?
      Name a time you sacrificed something for the sake of your job?

Answer Question

Grossing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

I was contacted over the phone and spoke to the hiring manager about my skill set. She told me she would have HR contact me set up an interview in person. I have the date and time with in a couple days. I met the hiring manager and the team lead at the lab and we toured the lab where I was interviewing for. We had an in depth discussion about my skill set with examples and my views on interpersonal interactions with co-workers. I then spent some time in HR with the rep who contacted me and filled out several forms for my file.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real question that threw me or that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Phlebotomy Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Very quick process if there is a position open and needing filled. Easy questions if you know your job. Company was very small. So not a lot of opportunity for growth.

Interview Questions
    • The supervisor wasn't very good at interview very puzzled and unorganized   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my pay

Specimen Processor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Was hired through an agent. Have to take an online skill typing test before proceeding to the next step. Interview lasted for 15 minutes and a tour around the lab. No hard questions, just a regular conversation.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in July 2014.

About a month after applying for the job I got a call from the HR department to schedule a face-to-face interview. The interview went well and after I was told that I would be strongly recommended for the job and I would be contacted by someone in about two weeks. At two weeks I contacted HR and the person I interviewed with . I received an email about four days later from HR saying that they were still very interested but had not made a decision yet. It has now been 6 weeks since the interview and I have yet to hear from anyone.

PCT I Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Good the first Manager that interviewed me was friendly she is nothing like my current Manager. I would suggest acting very friendly and only speak when asked to some Managers are not to friendly and on a power trip so don't seem to smart if you know what I mean.

Interview Questions
    I had to ask for more money offer to low.

Route Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2014.

Applied on line, June 8th for Route Service Representative position. Received a call for phone interview on June 16th. Had phone interview last Friday, June 18th. The woman explained the job would only be for 24 hours per week, at $10.00 per hour. I would be driving approximately 100 miles per day, making 20-25 stops per day. The good news was, I would be using their vehicle for the deliveries. The phone interview seemed to go well. I answered her questions about my job history, and how I felt about dealing with live specimens. At the end of the interview, she said I would be hearing from the main office for the next step in the hiring process. As of today, I have not heard from her, or anyone else in the company.

Interview Questions
    • During the phone interview, she asked me twice how I felt about handling or dealing with live specimens.   View Answer

Regional Training Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Initial Interview performed over telephone. Informed at the completion of call that resume would be forwarded to Manager and second, in-person interview was scheduled at that time. They were very willing to work with my schedule as I was required to travel in order to attend the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process is fairly typical. Began with a review of basic qualifications, followed by examples of relevant experience. Interviewers (manager and HR representative) then presented a number of scenarios (6-7 total). Interview was relatively stress-free and interviewers were quite personable.   Answer Question
    The rate of pay was not discussed during the interview. I did request relocation assistance, which was denied. However, when I received my job offer, they informed me that they increased the salary in lieu of relocation assistance.