QuikTrip

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in May 2013.

Interview Details Really quite simple. Submit a form on the Quiktrip website. you should get a call within 1-2 weeks if they like what you turned in. Then you have a math test that you must get 100% on (just simple change) then you have an interview. just as a heads up only 5- 10% of people get hired.

Interview Question – "Why should you have this job over anybody else?"   Answer Question

Euless, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in July 2010.

Interview Details Must drive to Euless, Tx for math test once math test is passed then you have to drive back to Euless a second time for an interview. If you get the job you are placed at a training store which is probably not close to home but not too far from home either. You train for a week and must pass training. If you pass then you are places ata store as close to home as possible.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Euless, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at QuikTrip in October 2013.

Interview Details First- get called to take an easy math assessment
Second- interview
Third- orientation

Interview Question – How would you handle a grumpy customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at QuikTrip in March 2009.

Interview Details The process of getting hired was quite simple. All that you have to do is submit an application to the division office and wait for a call. If you are lucky enough to get a call then you will be asked to come in for an interview. At this interview you will be asked to do a short math quiz, followed by an interview.

Interview Question – There were really not any unexpected questions. It was a very straightforward interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marietta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at QuikTrip in July 2013.

Interview Details Simply apply online or in store
Got called next day scheduling an appointment for the following Tuesday.
Interviewed and got the job.
Was required to go to orientation and then a weeks worth of training.

Euless, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in August 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and I got a call about 2 weeks later for me to go to the district office and do a math test within two weeks. I went and I took my test, the test was fairly easy. It consisted of change and if you pass the test they send you to a room to watch a short video about working at Quiktrip. After you are done you wait to see if they call you for an interview. I got called for an interview and I went. I took a copy of my resume and I answered some questions. During the interview they asked about which location is closer to my home. They also asked about my availability. Some of the interview questions were: "How would you deal with unsatisfied customers?", "What were some responsibilities at your previous job?", "I can see that you are very involved in school, and your community. If I were to call your previous manager or school club sponsors what would they tell me about you?", "Do you like working with others?" When the interview was over they gave me a coupon for a free drink and they said that they would call me back within two weeks, or if I wasn't right for the position that they would send me a letter. I am currently waiting to get called back or a letter.

Interview Question – "How would you deal with unsatisfied customers?"   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at QuikTrip in April 2012.

Interview Details I initially started with a written application that I personally hand delivered to the division office in Phx, AZ. I got no call back nothing. So I decided to wait 4-5 months then decided to reapply. I had family working at QT and they wanted me to get hired. I did my second application on line and within the week I got a call to come in for an interview. When I went in I was asked to go into a room and take a math test. (Now not taking a math class for 2 and a half years I was scared) after I turned in the test (which I passes miraculously) I was asked to watch a movie about how Quik Trip was started. After the movie I was interviewed by who I don't remember (whoops) and was asked about previous jobs and what my future goals were.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Quik Trip?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Pay is the same for everyone. Hours depend on what you decide and can work.

Part-time Clerk

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview Details I first applied with a paper application. I was called a couple days later to schedule my interview. During this, I had to take a change test, then was asked very standard questions, including how I would handle any rowdy customers if there were any, and what my schedule would be like.

Interview Question – How to handle rowdy customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Part Time Clerk

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at QuikTrip in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied online. The next day i was called to schedule an interview. I went to the district.office i had to take a 10 question test on how much change to give back. It was pretty simple, then i had to watch a 10 min. video about quiktrip. The interview was pretty simple. We talked about how busy the stores are and how they company has high standards. I was told that they were going to do a background check and would be in touch within 14 days. I got the call 2 days later to schedule orientation.

Interview Question – What would you do if a co-worker is not doing their job?   View Answer

Denton, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at QuikTrip in September 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and about two weeks later I received a call to come into the corporate office to take a test. For anyone in the DFW Metroplex, the corporate office in Euless. Once there, the receptionist sent me into a room to take a math test over how much change to give back customers. There was also some more paperwork to fill out. Afterwards, I was sent to another room to watch a 10 minute video on working for the company. Thirty minutes after I left, I received a call for an interview the following day.

The interview was a normal structured interview by a guy who's normally a store manager. He asked the basic questions (Why QT, How you would deal with difficult customers, Describe another job where you had to stand on your feet for long periods of time, etc.) and it lasted about 15 minutes. I was given a coupon for a free drink and a letter saying it could be up to two weeks to hear back one way or the other, but received a call the following day asking if I could start orientation at the same building the following Monday.

Interview Question – What would you do to get on the good side of your fellow co-workers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at QuikTrip

Worked for QuikTrip? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QuikTrip Part Time Clerk interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by QuikTrip employees and interview candidates.