Quinn Emanuel

Updated 3 Nov 2014

Litigation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in January 2012.

The interview was conducted by a partner at the firm and the firm's practice manager. Both were delightful to meet and discuss with. The firm has a genuine can-do and think outside the box attitude. I was less exprienced to what they required but it was an experience that I would highly recommend to anyone considering applying to their London office.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working at a firm that acts against financial institutions when most top city firms act in those institutions' defence? Are you concerned about your future employability if you join the firm?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interviewer was casually dressed, wearing jeans and drinking a coke. Was a brief interview (during OCI) but received an invitation to their networking event that night and a callback. Overall was a less traditional law firm interview - we spoke about drinking and wine. Lawyer was on his phone twice during the interview.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in October 2013.

Beautiful office, nice people, everyone wears jeans. I had a great interview with the Paralegal Coordinator and a Senior Paralegal who was part of the team seeking another paralegal. The Associates I met with were extremely nice and did not seem overstressed as with a typical AmLaw 100 firm.

Interview Questions
    • Sounds like you are doing more exciting work at your current position. Why would you want to take this position?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

I was hired through a recruiter and went a couple of times to meet with the HR manager. I was hired the same week.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. I was asked about background and skills.   Answer Question

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in June 2013.

Very laid back and friendly. You will meet with another staff attorney and discuss the case and expectations of the job. Most staff contract attorneys are very helpful. Some feel entitled to more because Quinn spoils them.

Interview Questions
    None. Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in May 2011.

Standard interview questions and experience. Expect to meet with two or three Associates, and two or three partners. Questions revolved around your past experiences, why you want to work at Quinn, and why you are leaving your immediately prior role.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you lateralling from your former position? Were you on track to make partner at your former firm? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

The interview was focused on whether you can do the job, and whether you have the experience to handle such a competitive environment. It was a more adversarial interview than most I have had with law firms--these are litigators with little taste for beating around the bush.

Interview Questions
    • If you don't have the experience to be here, you will get pressed on that point continually.   Answer Question
    Only negotiated start date.

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview and background check.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in April 2010.

I was contacted by my recruiter regarding a position at this company. According to her I was a perfect fit for the job, and the more I researched the position and what they wanted I too felt perfect for the job. I studied up on the firm, prepared a list of possible questions with the correct answers. On the day of the interview, I met with one person. The overall atmosphere of the office was nice and seemed perfect for me. I was told that although they had no doubt I could do the job, and do it very well, because I was soft spoken I wasn't the right "fit" for the company. My work experience, qualifications and references gave them no doubt to my ability to do the job. But the fact that I was shy and soft spoken would be the reason I was passed over for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker, attorney or senior level employee who wasn't doing their fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Quinn Emanuel in September 2009.

Very brief phone screen, < 30 minutes, before they flew me out for an on-site interview. Met two midlevel associates and went to lunch with one, then met the hiring partner in the afternoon. They asked several variations of 'why do you want to work at this particular firm' and seemed happy with variations on 'I like the focus on litigation' and 'I like the focus on results over presentation' (a flattering framing of the non-dress-code and generally less-formal atmosphere).

Interview Questions
    • 'why do you want to work at this particular firm'   View Answer

Took an offer at a competing firm