Quinn Emanuel

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Litigation Associate Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in January 2012.

Interview Details The interview was conducted by a partner at the firm and the firm's practice manager. Both were delightful to meet and discuss with. The firm has a genuine can-do and think outside the box attitude. I was less exprienced to what they required but it was an experience that I would highly recommend to anyone considering applying to their London office.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working at a firm that acts against financial institutions when most top city firms act in those institutions' defence? Are you concerned about your future employability if you join the firm?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in October 2013.

Interview Details Beautiful office, nice people, everyone wears jeans. I had a great interview with the Paralegal Coordinator and a Senior Paralegal who was part of the team seeking another paralegal. The Associates I met with were extremely nice and did not seem overstressed as with a typical AmLaw 100 firm.

Interview Question – Sounds like you are doing more exciting work at your current position. Why would you want to take this position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in May 2011.

Interview Details Standard interview questions and experience. Expect to meet with two or three Associates, and two or three partners. Questions revolved around your past experiences, why you want to work at Quinn, and why you are leaving your immediately prior role.

Interview Question – Why are you lateralling from your former position? Were you on track to make partner at your former firm? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview Details I was hired through a recruiter and went a couple of times to meet with the HR manager. I was hired the same week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. I was asked about background and skills.   Answer Question

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Staff Contract Attorney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview Details Interview and background check.

Interview Question – What type of matters have you worked on?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in April 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted by my recruiter regarding a position at this company. According to her I was a perfect fit for the job, and the more I researched the position and what they wanted I too felt perfect for the job. I studied up on the firm, prepared a list of possible questions with the correct answers. On the day of the interview, I met with one person. The overall atmosphere of the office was nice and seemed perfect for me. I was told that although they had no doubt I could do the job, and do it very well, because I was soft spoken I wasn't the right "fit" for the company. My work experience, qualifications and references gave them no doubt to my ability to do the job. But the fact that I was shy and soft spoken would be the reason I was passed over for this position.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker, attorney or senior level employee who wasn't doing their fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in September 2009.

Interview Details Very brief phone screen, < 30 minutes, before they flew me out for an on-site interview. Met two midlevel associates and went to lunch with one, then met the hiring partner in the afternoon. They asked several variations of 'why do you want to work at this particular firm' and seemed happy with variations on 'I like the focus on litigation' and 'I like the focus on results over presentation' (a flattering framing of the non-dress-code and generally less-formal atmosphere).

Interview Question – 'why do you want to work at this particular firm'   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Took an offer at a competing firm

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Quinn Emanuel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quinn Emanuel interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Quinn Emanuel employees and interview candidates.