Quintiles

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2014.

Interview Details I had my first interview with a Quintiles rep and it was very down to earth. I had a employee referral from the inside company Quintiles was working with so it was very informal. But once I had my second interview with the pharma company it was very intense and with a panel.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in May 2010.

Interview Details After applying online, I was initially contacted by a recruiter who conducted an initial phone interview which was more of a "get to know you and your experiences" conversation. I was contacted several days later to schedule a third party over-the-phone assessment. I was able to schedule and complete the assessment within 2 or 3 days. The assessment, in my opinion, was fairly easy. However, they don't give you any feedback, they just tell you to wait until you receive a return call from the recruiter. The person on the phone asks 5 or 6 situational sales questions to determine your sales abilities and responses to various common selling challenges. The recruiter called back within several days of the assessment and scheduled an interview with the hiring territory's District Manager. I was given the impression that they were trying to complete the hiring process as quickly as possible. I later learned that the hiring needed to be completed as there was a new hire training class starting the following month. My interview with the District Manager was everything I had expected with one exception: at the end of the interview the manager tried very hard to discourage me as he wanted to see how hard I would sell myself for the position. Otherwise, the manager was very good at creating a less stressful environment for the structured interview process he was asked to follow. The manager asked a set of very specific pre-planned questions and asked that I respond utilizing the STAR method. I was contacted about one week later by the District Manager and offered the position. The total hiring process took 2 - 3 weeks max and my start date fell within a month of my initial application.

Interview Question – Share with me an experience you had when you were unable to answer a customer's question or resolve the customer's concern.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was new to the industry and I was told early on in the interview process that the position would be filled at a specific rate. I was pleased to learn that in the offer interview the Manager exceeded my previous expectations.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through indeed.com on a Sunday, received the sales inventory questionnaire on Monday, first call to set up an interview on Tuesday and had my first interview with Quintiles on Wednesday. I had two additional interviews with DSM's representing two different districts and received my job offer after the last interview. The entire process was quick and fairly easy. The interview questions were behavioral and not very difficult at all. Both interviews with the DSM's were very similar, they both pretty much asked the same questions. Not a difficult or intimidating process at all especially for someone who is new to the pharmaceutical industry.

Interview Question – The questions were very straight forward and behavioral; easy to pull from your past experience in any field and apply to the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was absolutely no negotiation

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details The process took 6 weeks, phone interview followed by assessment test, F2F with Quintiles DM, Flown to Chicago for interview with Pharma company interview with DM, Regional Manager. Initial interview was very easy basic questions. Interviews with Pharma company was a bit more difficult with many behavior based questions. Answers were often questioned with a rebuttal needed.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out just dug into past experiences asking how you responded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in June 2014.

Interview Details Initial 30 min phone call about the opportunity, next an hour phone interview, followed a sales aptitude test then by a F2F with the staffing manager and finally flown out to Atlanta where I had 2 rounds of interviews. Received call with offer about a week later.

Interview Question – All questions were STAR questions and behavior based. Describe a time when you... Etc most difficult question was probably describe a time when you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in January 2013.

Interview Details Phone Interview with third party hiring company, then online assessment followed by face to face with DM. Then took a flight to North Carolina for F2F with Quintiles DM and contracted companies DM.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, very straight forward pharma interview.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Quintiles

Interview Details This company was very through with the interview. Process. It started with a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The recruiter was very friendly and accommodating with scheduling both of these interviews. Overall I rank this company highly so far and hope to be able to the Quintiles team.

Interview Question – How do you define respect.   Answer Question

North Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in April 2014.

Interview Details I had two interviews with Quintiles to be part of a contracted sales team for a pharmaceutical company. The interview with Quintiles went great. Then I met with the pharmaceutical company's hiring managers. The first interview with them went well but the second interview with the territory manager did not. I felt Quintiles could have prepared me for what the interviews would be like. It was all behavioral questions and I was led to believe that I should prepare a presentation which they didn't even ask for.

Interview Question – Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles in August 2010.

Interview Details Normal face to face with DM. Same old questions and answers. Since there are still so many pharmaceutical reps still out of work from the massive layoffs over the last decade, be prepared for fighting it out with many many other reps. As always, it's who you know.....not always who you are unfortunately.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quintiles.

Interview Details First was a phone interview. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that, candidates were selected to interview with both the Quintiles manager and the manager from the company with whom the position is being contracted. After that, it was the next day or so to hear back with an offer.

Interview Question – I do not remember the most difficult question. Definitely be able to answer why you want the position and do your research on the company with whom the contract will be partnering. Make sure to have documentation of your successes.   Answer Question

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!