Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated 4 Aug 2014
Updated 4 Aug 2014

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

I initially met with a recruiter at the Texas A&M Career Fair. I had looked up all information on the career website and had already placed in an application at the time of meeting. The career fair meeting was informative and I was given all information on how to apply and an informational session flier. I received an email from the campus recruiting that I had received an interview. Attended their information session which was full of energy and helped to spark an interest. The next morning was the interview on-campus. General questions, heavily behavioral. Received a call back that evening for a 2nd round interview on campus the next morning. The next interview included more behavioral questions and general company fit questions (how do you work under pressure? what computer knowledge do you have?) Received a call, as promised, that evening inviting me to the on-site interviews. They allowed candidates to select their desired arrival date. I received my first pick. Went to the on-site interview which consisted of a dinner with newer employees the night before. The day of the interview we met in the hotel lobby to walk to the location. This day included breakfast, lunch, benefit overview, and two interviews. This interviews appeared to play "good cop, bad cop" because my first interview was very strict on all resume.transcript information. Example "Why did you get this grade in this class?". The 2nd interview was very career focused, it was almost very informal and a conversation, not an interview.

Interview Questions
    Was given the choice of 2 start dates.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in November 2012.

Submitted my resume through the career fair at university. Went through two rounds on on-campus interviews and then was invited to do an office visit. The on-campus interviews were fairly straightforward: mainly behavioral questions and trying to see if you are a good fit with the company (energy and software). The in-office consisted of 2 more interviews, lunch, and a benefits review session. Everyone is really friendly. There is an incredibly quick turnaround time. I heard the day of each interview whether or not I was going to the next round and recieved an offer the same day as the final interview.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting, interviewed on campus a few weeks later. Questions were all behavioral and focused on extra-curricular activities. No case-type questions in this round. Interviewer was friendly. After receiving a phone call the next day saying I was not advancing the next round, I asked for feedback, and was told that they do not disclose that kind of information.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a leadership role in which you made a large difference   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2012.

Went to an campus recruiting info session and they really emphasized on on building relationships, a minimum GPA of 3.0, and that you must be a Canadian citizen in order to be considered. They don't seem to valuable previous technical skills and use your GPA to determine your work ethic because they will invest in training you technical skills.

The interview was held on campus and the entire process consists of three rounds. The first interview had me come in to talk to a guy who conducted a sort of pre-interview where he would talk to you and let you know a little about the company. He than took me to the next room where a lady, who was a manager, performed the actual interview. She would ask you a series of behavioral type of questions to determine if you are a good fit for the company. She stated that no technical component is ever given through the whole process. She said that the second interview would be with one of their executives that would consist very much of the same thing in a more relaxed setting to determine if they feel you are a good fit for the company since the Calgary office consisted of only 17 people. The third, and final round, would take you to their office where you would meet the rest of their staff. If everyone feels that you are a good fit, they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me an idea about your through pattern / approach to a problem"
      "How do you define success"
      "Describe your experience in working in a large company vs a smaller company"
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc..

I connected with the hiring manager on a social networking site. Great experience. Very fast turnaround. had a phone interview and met with 2 senior execs next day. got my offer later that day. Amazing experience and very comfortable environment.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the hardest class you took and why was it hard? And a class you didnt have to take but why you took it? How do I know when you are stressed? Some team work questions and how to handle a difficult team member or boss?   Answer Question
    Start date was too close. Didnt negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in May 2012.

Four interviews in total. 2 in a row at college campus and 2 more on-sight interviews. Very attentive to details thorough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2012.

Applied through campus career service website after company reps visited campus. Attended three stage interview process. Round 1 and 2 on campus. Feedback was very timely. The on site interview which happened about 2 weeks later was not as intense as many may assume. Had a wonderful dinner with my group the night before Round 3. Questions were mostly behavioral, also pertaining to resume, student career and personal objectives. Met with two different executives. Decision process and contact was fast.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever learned something outside your career that blew your mind away?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in October 2011.

Campus Recruiting: 2 stages of one on one interviews. Very laid back people and the office seemed very pleasant. Interview was your typical behavioral interview. LOTS of scenarios asked. They seemed to really want me to sell that I wanted to do technology consulting and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in March 2011.

I received the interview through a job fair. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the head recruiter where we mostly discussed my desire to enter the oil & gas field and background in technology. He was very friendly and polite.
    I received an e-mail 4 days later asking me to come in to the office to meet with a few upper-level employees. Both of these interviews went very well and I learned a lot about the company. I was sent an invite for the final in-office interview and informed I would receive a decision shorlty after. Three days before the in-office interview I received an e-mail informing me that they decided to bring other candidates in instead and that I was being cut from the process.
    Overall my experiences was positive and the employees were very nice. I was disappointed in how they handled the end of the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why your grades during this particular semester are so much lower than the others?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. in December 2010.

I was contacted by the director of recruiting who was extremely polite and professional during all the stages of the hiring process. Initial interview on the phone where he briefly described what they do and asked whether I was interested. Arranged meeting with two employees in senior positions and then followed by phone interview/Q/A session with another employee. Received an offer shortly after.

A lot of young employees in organization, benefits not on par with big companies, possibly long hours. It was still a hard decision since base salary offer was pretty reasonable and their applications/technologies used seemed like a lot of fun.