R.R. Donnelley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Lead Interview

Shift Lead

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details Very Slow and not satisfied. HR was very slow in scheduling the interview timings and the dates kept changing. The Joining date was not shared properly, there was a sudden change in joining date as well. Which was not disclosed prior.

Interview Question – Repeated questions from all the levels   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough yet it was likely satified

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in April 2014.

Interview Details Was told they wanted to hire very quickly. Interview was mostly just them trying to get dirt on their competitor who I worked for at the time. Kind of came across as arrogant. Had to follow up with them 3 times over the course of a few weeks to check status. Never received a reply. Finally I emailed telling them I was no longer interested, then they replied.

Bindery Machine Operator Interview

Bindery Machine Operator

I applied online and interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details You apply online, and get an email saying they got your application. They call you and set up an interview. As long as you are truthful with everything you put on your application you should be in good shape.

Interview Question – They ask you questions about what would you do in the situation. Coming up with an expample of how you handled a situation is kind of hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, they offer you the job and you can accept. The pay is based on a chart, nothing to negotiate there.

Premedia Tech Analyst Interview

Premedia Tech Analyst
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in June 2014.

Interview Details I had a phone interview with the divisional manager and another with the lead analyst. This was followed up with an in-person interview with both of them and another individual. They gave me a tour of the facility and we had nice informal 45-minute or so interview. They essentially went down the list of position requirements to assess my qualifications. It was a no-nonsense approach with relevant questions, a few of a behavioral nature (i.e. how would you approach learning a new application in this situation).

I was informed 3 business days later I would not be given an offer. I emailed the division manager afterward and inquired of suggestions he had to help me in future interviews, of which he promptly provided feedback.

Interview Question – Nothing stands out...most were pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details Interviewed twice to gain my current position by upper management. The first time was with the human resources area, it was a basic entry level interview, standard questions with no surprises. The second interview was with the a group of three managers including the facility manager, customer service manager and an account manager at one time.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be within the company in 5 years?   Answer Question

Print Buyer Interview

Print Buyer
Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details 3 interviews and 4 weeks to offer letter. People are very nice, interviewed with my direct report + the person above her. They made me feel very comfortable and were encouraging.

Interview Question – Salary expectation. We were pretty far apart with me being on the high side.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in February 2014.

Interview Details RRD called me for phone interview and then set up face to face interview with RRD HR person at Hotel. Once I arrived I was told the job was for a contract position with no benefits and reporting to another company. I continued the interview but I thought it was very unprofessional and underhanded.

Interview Question – The interviewer seemed like she was just going through the motions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Lewisville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in February 2014.

Interview Details Interviewer actually fell asleep during process. Left me thinking who would want to work for this company. Very disappointed as reflected poorly on company I held in high regard.

Interview Question – Describe most innovative thing you have done   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details Initial phone interview, followed by a face to face interview with 2 employees, roughly 45 minutes.

Interview Question – For me, it was when they asked about a time I gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details It was very laid back without an official interview process. Things have changed now though as you'll be lucky to get an interview because they never get around to actually interviewing applicants

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!