RPA

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Creative Interview

Santa Monica, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at RPA in July 2010.

Interview Details Immediately sold once I met the folks. I did not know much about RPA, they were really below the radar a few years back.

Very Easy Interview

Digital Marketing Analytics Intern Interview

Santa Monica, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at RPA in February 2012.

Interview Details Pretty basic phone interview went over my resume and the scope of the job. No tricky questions or anything like that. The interviewer was nice and very helpful.

Interview Question – Why RPA?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Recruiter was unable to answer some basic questions about where the job feeds into if you were asked to stay on full-time after school. The mention rate of pay was also extremely low in my opinion for an MBA internship 8-10/hr.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Santa Monica, CA (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RPA in April 2011.

Interview Details Got an interview opportunity via networking (I was not living in California at the time). The process was very straightforward and non-threatening, compared to that of many of the other companies with which I had interviewed.

The first correspondence was a phone interview with HR...it was really just getting to know me/my personality/past experience and seeing what positions I might be interested in. While I was interested in Account Management, the recruiter recommended me to interview for other available positions in Project Management.

I decided to move forward with interviewing for a position on the PM team. The next step was a Skype interview with the two supervisors of all the Project Management teams. Interview lasted about a half an hour, was straight forward...no curveball questions and was generally a positive, flowing conversation based around past work experience and the nature of the position.

My final interview (also via Skype) came about 4 days later, and was with a member of the team I would be working on. This was somewhat of a "personality test" type interview. Again, it was very non-threatening and was focused on gauging my work aptitude and attitude. Essentially, they wanted to make sure I'd make a holistic positive addition to the team.

Received offer a few hours after the final interview, dependent on background check and positive references.

Interview Question – Tell us about your past experience. Why advertising. Why Project Management...   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Santa Monica, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at RPA in February 2011.

Interview Details After plunging my network for years, I finally got a contact within RPA and secured an interview.

Was screened on the phone, followed up by a 1:1 with HR and two rounds of group interviews. Was assured early on that my lack of direct account mgmt. experience would not be a factor. Halfway through the second interview, the Management Sup. became quite abrasive - clearly, I'd been deemed unfit and I was wasting her time.

While the second interview was a giant letdown, my HR rep led me to believe that I was still a leading candidate for the open position. The rep informed me that they'd have a decision within the next week. This was not the case, as I was then led on for week after week, delay after delay - for a duration of seven weeks - waiting to hear of the company's ultimate decision.

By week six, I found the position had been reposted on RPA's website - not the best way to reject a candidate - but my HR rep assured me that I was still a leading candidate. Huh? At this point, their decision was obvious. A week later I was told - you guessed it - after careful consideration they wanted someone with more account management experience. And the best part? My internal referrer informed me that the company ended up hiring a candidate with no account management experience.

While interviewing, companies tend to forget that they're in the spotlight as well. All in all, this was not a pleasant interview process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had an angry client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RPA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RPA interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by RPA employees and interview candidates.