Raytheon Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in September 2012.

The interview could have been conducted better. Initially, they were 20 minutes late due to being held up at meetings, and they couldn't get in touch with the other person who was meant to be conducting the interview to my particular role. The technical manager was off sick (I had spoke to him on the phone the day before, and a week before also), so the "technical" aspect of the interview was then carried out by someone who would answer directly to me if I were to get the job (strange process) Some of the questions were pre-written from a sheet that you could tell were generic and not job role specific. They must use these for everyone Not ideal, and by the manner in which some of them were asked I could tell that the engineer asking them really didn't know a lot of the questionable content and that he was out of his comfort zone and felt that he knew I knew. However, he was expecting me to answer (which I did) and when I did, I could tell that he wouldn't have been able to tell whether or not my answers were correct or not, so both of us were glad once that was over. The job role however sounded more like program management and supervision and engineering all rolled into one.

Another individual came in, to give a company run down, and what to expect, what programs they've secured and what the future holds. It was a "PR script" and to be honest it sounded really really good. They appeared to be making a lot of moves, and I was very impressed until I asked what kind of time restraints I could expect for scheduling training and overseeing trainee work and what processes are in place to cover project work when trainee's are at uni or college, and there was a pause before answering that there isn't really any trainee's within the company, just a couple of apprentises... By then alarm bells were ringing. You judge a companies growth, and success expectation by the number of new young recruits required to be trained up. Any large industry with annual growth have dedicated "trainee" programs every year. This company had nothing and because of the abscenses, the unrealistic expectations of my role, put me off

Interview Questions
    • "Can you multitask and do 2 different roles at the same time".... I was applying for the position of senior engineer, not senior engineer, plus manager, plus program manager!!   Answer Question

The salary was very poor and lower than my previous work place despite expected to do the role of THREE people. They would have been better dropping it even further to put me on the 20% tax rate. I got a second offer but declined (salary was still less than previous work place)

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

From Day 0 to Day n the process was outstanding. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely professional, yet confidently relaxed. I went through two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. All were very thorough with a strong focus on the submitted resume. Additionally, the technical questions were solid yet not overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • If confronted with a problem that you do not know how to solve, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Timing. A contract award process was taking forever and I was offered a job at another company that was closer to what I wanted to do at about the same salary.

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2010.

Contacted by talent acquisition rep who saw my resume online and thought I would be a fit. Scheduled an interview at the Tewksbury, MA location and arranged for travel, lodging, and rental car for the day the interviews would happen. The interviews were 20 minutes each with 3 people. Others were at the interview event and we all sat in the same waiting room. Received an offer 3 days later, but was fairly sure I got the job when they kept me, but not all other interviewees afterward for a presentation on benefits and relocation package.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince very senior engineers (25+ years of experience) that your idea is correct?   Answer Question
    I did not realize I could negotiate, so accepted the offer as is. However, others who were hired in the same round tried to negotiate, and did not get an increase.

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  El Segundo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

I already had several job offers but accepted Raytheon SAS invitation for a job interview in El Segundo although I would never live in LA. They paid for air flight, and put me in a hotel in the airport area on the tenth floor, so I could admire LA smog and all year around brown clouds. I wanted to see a friend in LA; I never intended to accept potential Raytheon offer. I had 4 interviews, each about 40 minutes long. I worked for Raytheon about 10 years ago, and nothing changed. If company does not ask you any technical questions (like Raytheon), you will likely end up working with a lot of incompetent coworkers that use friendship and politics to accelerate their careers. That is exactly true about Raytheon anywhere. At Raytheon you get awarded for you inter-people skills far more than for your real contributions. Raytheon will lay people off in a heart beat. They cannot care less about their employees. Nobody asked me what I want to work on, which projects I find interesting, what would make me like my job. They claimed lots of their older employees retired, so they are now hiring aggressively. That was a lie. Raytheon's older employees accumulated lots of money in pension funds(not 401K, this is old fashion pension). During the last 5 years, these employees were offered early retirement packages, and if they did not accept them, they were laid off. Each person told me the same lie how employees just retired and would make you believe they were too old, and it was disgusting to listen to my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • We just talked about my resume. They asked me to give an example of which features to use in order to detect tanks in SAR images. They just want to know if you had some pre knowledge. 99% of time it was just chatting. I was asked about experience on my resume, my hobbies, why I want to move from the east coast to the west, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

Was screened during a college career fair. Contacted for interview 1 month later. Interview scheduled about a month later. Interviewed in May 2014.

The interviewer was late, and did not remember my name. I was then taken to a conference room, where I was screened by one of their newer employees. Totally unprofessional in their demeanor - asking me questions that an undergraduate would know even though I had a PhD. Still, I answered them fine. Several more 1 on 1 interviews, then taken to cafeteria to eat lunch with team. i was made to wait nearly 30 minutes in line while the hiring manager got fish tacos. Upon sitting down, it turned into somewhat of an attack session by several of the other engineers.

After that, I was literally whisked away by two engineers, and not given the opportunity to thank the hiring manager for the interview, even though I asked to do so.

Financial Analyst II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Postings on internal site come up frequently. The problem is HRs filtering process. When selected it can take upwards of 3 weeks to get in for an interview. Upon receiving an offer the HR team is quite aggressive about labeling it 'a fair offer' and can get notably agitated when you counter or comment.

Financial Analyst I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Raytheon.

Got called into a mixer to meet managers and other candidates, than got called to a private interview a week later. It was very easy going. Not to technical, but needed to prove the competency level of the job. Lasted 1 hour. Discuss about experience relevant to the job and show enthusiasm and you should be good.

Senior Test Engineer I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Raytheon.

The hiring manager called me to set up a interview about two to three weeks after I applied for the position. The interview was conducted with three other candidates and we one at a time met with four different employees within the department. Each employee had a different job title so I was asked many different questions and it wasn't all technical. Most of the questions were about my past experience and education, other questions were about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question for me was when they asked where I saw myself 5 years from now. For me this was difficult for me because I had just graduated and didn't really know what I really wanted.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

I was initially contacted via phone after applied. Then direct in-person interview with only a 3 people. They rate all candidates from 1-5 for 5 questions. It took a couple weeks for them to get all the paperwork and drug test

Software Engineer II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Raytheon in January 2013.

After clearing your aptitude round (which is conducted by AMCAT), you will face 3 other rounds. 1st one is data interpretation round in which you will be given test paper which you have to solve in 45 minutes. 1st interview will be completely based upon that. In 2nd interview you will be asked about your projects, some puzzles & guesstimates type of questions. Final round is HR.
    Thats it. Clear these rounds and get selected.

Interview Question – i find data interpretation round the most difficult.

Interview Questions

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!