Raytheon

Updated 18 Jan 2015
Updated 18 Jan 2015

2.6

Kitchen Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in September 2014.

Was looking for a job for quite some time before i applied for weather spoons but when i had my interview i felt very relaxed and thought the question were fairly easy to answer as well

Interview Questions
    That its a very good system and the interviews not to bad

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in September 2012.

The interview could have been conducted better. Initially, they were 20 minutes late due to being held up at meetings, and they couldn't get in touch with the other person who was meant to be conducting the interview to my particular role. The technical manager was off sick (I had spoke to him on the phone the day before, and a week before also), so the "technical" aspect of the interview was then carried out by someone who would answer directly to me if I were to get the job (strange process) Some of the questions were pre-written from a sheet that you could tell were generic and not job role specific. They must use these for everyone Not ideal, and by the manner in which some of them were asked I could tell that the engineer asking them really didn't know a lot of the questionable content and that he was out of his comfort zone and felt that he knew I knew. However, he was expecting me to answer (which I did) and when I did, I could tell that he wouldn't have been able to tell whether or not my answers were correct or not, so both of us were glad once that was over. The job role however sounded more like program management and supervision and engineering all rolled into one.

Another individual came in, to give a company run down, and what to expect, what programs they've secured and what the future holds. It was a "PR script" and to be honest it sounded really really good. They appeared to be making a lot of moves, and I was very impressed until I asked what kind of time restraints I could expect for scheduling training and overseeing trainee work and what processes are in place to cover project work when trainee's are at uni or college, and there was a pause before answering that there isn't really any trainee's within the company, just a couple of apprentises... By then alarm bells were ringing. You judge a companies growth, and success expectation by the number of new young recruits required to be trained up. Any large industry with annual growth have dedicated "trainee" programs every year. This company had nothing and because of the abscenses, the unrealistic expectations of my role, put me off

Interview Questions
    • "Can you multitask and do 2 different roles at the same time".... I was applying for the position of senior engineer, not senior engineer, plus manager, plus program manager!!   Answer Question

The salary was very poor and lower than my previous work place despite expected to do the role of THREE people. They would have been better dropping it even further to put me on the 20% tax rate. I got a second offer but declined (salary was still less than previous work place)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Applied online and waited at least a month before hearing anything. Received an initial call from a software manager to gauge my interest in the position and perform the phone screen. He was very friendly and the phone screen looked for general programming experience and some basic VxWorks knowledge. About 2 hours after the phone screen, I received a call that they wanted to bring me in for an interview the next week. I was out of town so they gave me a number to call and set up travel arrangements - which was very quick and easy to use. The in-person interview consisted of about 3 45 minute 2 on 1 interview sessions. They again tested for basic programming and VxWorks knowledge. They had me talk a little about my previous experiences and things I learned. I felt they mostly were interested in my VxWorks skills and the personality fit. Everyone was very friendly throughout the day. I returned home and received a call within a few days informing me that they were putting together an offer and I would finish the process with HR.

Interview Questions
    • What would you use to see the status of all tasks in VxWorks? How do you suspend a task in VxWorks?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate but I probably should have tried.

Program Control Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

There is effective process in getting the application and location information to the potential candidate. However, with any large company it is possible to receive multiple sources that are seeking your application but is not located locally so it can be confusing about who you should actually rely on for contacting for final scheduling.

You can only get a good interview if you have a good interviewer who is genuinely interested in asking questions that allow each party to exchange enough information that you can each discern if it a good fit.

Principal Electrical Engineer Interview

Required to go thru RAYJOBS on-line with Resume and a cover letter. This is filtered by HR first. Then Phone interview after that bring in to interview at a job fair.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions were asked but my interview was many years ago and was really with Hughes Aircraft Co. which then merged with Raytheon.   Answer Question

Engineering Fellow Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Straightforward interview. Provided a presentation of my career including several research efforts I lead. Unfortunately, never any follow up (even months later when their own HR person tried to sort things out).

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

The process starts with a phone call where they go over the details of your resume, if they like you you are then invited to come to their campus for a few hours of interviews. I had three interviews that day, which were 70% about my project and internship experience and the rest behavioral. They got back to me within 3 days with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Did ask some basic programming questions, ex. Have you ever used UML?   View Answer
    Currently in the negotiation phase

Logistics Specialist II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Usually best to have an "in", be a fresh college grad, or be exactly what they're looking for as they usually hire according to premeditated criteria. Interview process may vary, but you'll definitely be meeting with at least 3 key players, either in a panel or separately.

Interview Questions
    • None really. How do you feel about innovation?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. But I feel like there was minimal room to (at the time).

Defense Analyst Interview

Applied online and interviewed in person. Interview was easy and they asked questions based on my resume'. They gave me a general overview of the position and also provided a tour of the facility.

Logistics Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online and received a call approximately 5 days later asking for an on site interview. I set the appointment and found it odd that I hadn't received any confirmation. I called back a few days later to confirm and the same woman that set up the interview said I had never accepted an interview appointment and that they would have to reschedule me. Still no email. I get a call the next day saying I would have to reschedule again, this time, on a day I had work. I receive a confirmation (finally) with the wrong date and saying it was for a phone interview! I take a personal day at my current job for the interview which lasted about 45 minutes. It was pretty easy and I thought it went well. I even got some positive feedback from the interviewers. It's been four weeks now and I have yet to hear anything back from anyone, despite an email asking for more information. Its been about 6 weeks since the initial call asking for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really easy questions, mostly about working on teams and general questions about personality.   Answer Question