Red Lobster

Updated 14 Jan 2015
Updated 14 Jan 2015

2.2

Waitress Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Usually filling out an application online or in the restaurant suffices; call several days later to check on your application and to secure an interview. Dress well and show your willingness to work in a team-oriented environment. Show how well you can sell - chief items are drinks, appetizers, and desserts. Utilize your personality; show that you are approachable and can handle sudden or unexpected changes with mental and emotional flexibility.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me five minutes to pick an appetizer and drink to sell to them as if I were a waitress and they were customers. Think quickly and focus on buzzwords.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in January 2015.

The hiring procedure was quite straightforward. Went to the interview, asked the usual questions, why should we hire you, what r yr long term and short term goals. Some behavioral questions, previous experience working in a restaurant etc.The manager was very nice, but me at ease and started the interview in a very positive tone. He was very keen on looking for Customer Service experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer whose order you messed up accidentaly?   Answer Question

Got an offer from another good restaurant with better pay.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakdale, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in December 2014.

Applied online. Got an email a few days later asking that I call to schedule an interview. The interview was quite simple. Asked about availability and why red lobster and also the regular questions about past experience and what if situations. Got asked to come back for a second interview, that lasted maybe 15 mins. Offered job that same day

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate but starting at $9.50 for a host isn't bad.

Server Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Red Lobster in December 2014.

I applied online for a server assistant position. 3 days later I received an email telling me that they were interested and to call a manager within the next two days. I made sure that I called early because it was a Saturday and I know that they get busy in the afternoon. I called and spoke to a manager and she set me up for a interview Monday afternoon. I arrived 10 minutes early and signed in. It was a couple of people in front of me waiting to be interviewed so I wait about 20 minutes before the manager got to me. My first interview was with the Service Manager she was really nice. She asked me basic questions like "Why Red Lobster" and "What does teamwork mean to you" and some customer based questions like "Tell me about a time when you encountered a conflict with a customer, how did you handle it" After the questions she told me a little bit about the position and how i must move at a fast pace. She then told me that she wanted me to speak to the General Manager for a second interview. I was really happy about that because I didn't have to drive all the way back for a second interview. About 2 minutes later the General Manager came to get me and his questions were a little bit more detailed like why should we hire you, and why should we choose you over the other candidates I have to interview. He also asked me some more customer based questions. I pretty much knew how to answer all of the questions because I worked at Darden before so I know what is expected for my position. He then proceeded to hire me on the spot and told me that he would like to cross train me for a host position and potentially a server which was really cool because they push for growth in the company. He told me he'd call me for orientation within the next two days, So Im just waiting for the call.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you over the other candidates I have to interview?   View Answer
    No negotiations starting pay is server minimum wage plus tips

Service Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Red Lobster.

Most promotions to management occur from developing existing crew-members. The first step is to become a certified trainer. Complete successfully training crew to standards for 6 months and then you can be considered for a "Professional position". The Professional position is an assistant manager job class with limited functionality. Promotion to management positions is contingent to need in area and performance rating of individual. When opportunity for management occurs the canditate must complete two interviews, a comprehension test, and drug test.

Interview Questions
    The pay scales are determined by experience and the area of country standard pay scales. Expect 42000.00 to 47000.00 annually. The bonus options are not significant but other benefits are competive.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online. The next day I got an email saying to call & setup an interview with a manager. Called the next day & had an interview 2 days later. Interview went great, called me back 2 hours after the interview to set up a second interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

This particular red lobster is very slow

Front of House - Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I received an email stating they were interested in interviewing me and to call the phone number. I called and set up an interview for two days later. I showed up, interviewed with one of the leaders (I believe she was a shift manager), and then set up another interview for about three days later with the store manager. They just asked about my availability, what-if situations (for example, "How would you respond if someone was upset with their service and complained while they were leaving?" and things like that).

Interview Questions
    • I had a really hard time with, "What does the word respect mean to you?" Only because it was hard for me to describe on the spot what it means to me without using the actual word.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

online application, then did an interview with one of the managers. then was invited for another interview with the general manager. process was quick, was hired by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • you may not make much money in this position, how do you feel about this?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Got email one day after I applied online, went in and had an interview, was hired two days later. The managers were all very nice and very easy to talk to.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster in November 2014.

Applied online and received an email a couple weeks after saying they'd like to meet with me. Called and arranged my first interview with a manager. She asked basic interview questions and about my availability. It was less like an interview and more like hanging out. She told me that she would like to set me up with a second interview with the general manager.

Due to my availability, the second interview wasn't until almost a week later. This time, she confirmed my availability and proceeded to ask me situational questions. Questions about how I would respond to difficult customers or coworkers. She asked to be excused and when she came back, she offered me a position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    She asked what I would want my pay to be, I told her $9.00 and she offered me $9.50.