Red Lobster

Updated 12 Nov 2014
Updated 12 Nov 2014

2.3

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online. The next day I got an email saying to call & setup an interview with a manager. Called the next day & had an interview 2 days later. Interview went great, called me back 2 hours after the interview to set up a second interview with general manager.

Interview Questions

This particular red lobster is very slow

Front of House - Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I received an email stating they were interested in interviewing me and to call the phone number. I called and set up an interview for two days later. I showed up, interviewed with one of the leaders (I believe she was a shift manager), and then set up another interview for about three days later with the store manager. They just asked about my availability, what-if situations (for example, "How would you respond if someone was upset with their service and complained while they were leaving?" and things like that).

Interview Questions
    • I had a really hard time with, "What does the word respect mean to you?" Only because it was hard for me to describe on the spot what it means to me without using the actual word.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

online application, then did an interview with one of the managers. then was invited for another interview with the general manager. process was quick, was hired by the end of the day.

Interview Questions
    • you may not make much money in this position, how do you feel about this?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Got email one day after I applied online, went in and had an interview, was hired two days later. The managers were all very nice and very easy to talk to.

Host Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Red Lobster.

Applied online. Got a call back within a week/week and a half. (After working there for a while, they have certain times they are allowed to schedule interviews, so don't stress if it's not right away.) If you need to call and check call between 2-4pm which is the slow time. Had an interview the next day of the call. Met with the hiring and training manager. Then with the general manager. Really connected with the GM. Got hired on the spot.

No negotiations

Server Interview

I applied on a Wednesday and I called to set up an interview the next day (with no emails saying to). I spoke to the GM who said he'll look at my application and he should get to me by that day or tomorrow. He called me 15 minutes later and asked if I could come for an interview on Tuesday. For the interview I spoke to the GM and another manager separately and they spoke privately to one another and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why didn't the restaurant I currently worked for want to promote me to being a server   View Answer

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster.

I applied online and got a call shotly after to set up an interview. First interview was good, the questions were fairly easy. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, he told me he had other interviews and that he would call me and let me know if they were still interested. About a week later I got called in for a secound interview with the gm. The interview was litterly less than 10 minutes and she said she would give me a call within the week and that there was one more person other than me that they were looking at for the job. I got a call a couple days later and I was told that they gave the position to the other person.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?
      If you were the one hiring what would you look for?
      What is your favorite food here?
      Are you responsible?
      When are you available?
      If you are sitting a costumer at a booth and they want a table what do you do?
        Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Red Lobster.

2 interviews same day. Both managers were very nice and represented the company well. I got hired that day and came to work a few days later for my first day. Training process was not great and it took a long time. I had to take charge of my training. Trainers were more interested in gossiping then training.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Red Lobster in October 2014.

I was selected for an interview. I made it there 30 minutes early. The questions were very easy and staight forward. I was nervous. My overall experience was good. It took an entire week until I heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • How would I provide great customer service?   View Answer

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Red Lobster in October 2014.

Went in for interview and met with hiring manger. Very friendly and lots of eye contact. Asked me simple interview questions. What's availability? Let me know about the position and hours available. Strengths and weaknesses, why red lobster? And most important why should we hire you? Overall went good, was content with whole interview process. She wants me to meet up with one more manager and have a second interview.