Reynolds and Reynolds

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

3.1

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

A 30 minute online assessment, an IQ test in person, and five interviews later...I was declined a position at the company. The woman I interviewed with seemed to think highly of my qualifications. The men I interviewed with were arrogant, questioned my knowledge about cars, and even asked about my family and whether I had any children.

Interview Questions
    • Have you purchased a car and what was the process like for you?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Applied online and then received an email asking more question. After answering I was asked to take a few preliminary tests and then after that I was to come in to take a few more tests and have an in-person interview. After the in-person interview I took a couple more online tests and then waited a couple days to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career, financial, and personal goals?
      What is your best characteristic and your worst?

Answer Question

Business Applications Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

They wasted 2 hours of my time by asking me to take an unnecessary test that had nothing to do with my position... only for them to tell me that the position that I am interviewing for has been filled up. They invited me to interview for another position that I didn't know much about. The first interview was resume/ simple behavioral questions. The second interviewer lectured me for 15 minutes about the position that I am supposedly being considered for now. Then after her lecture, she asked me to summarize what she just said. That was it. That was the end of my second interview. Then they had the nerve to call me back twice for my third interview with a director. I know these directors are busy, but get this: the recruiters called me at 5 pm the day before the third interview and wanted me to come in at 10 am the next day. I'm sorry but I have classes and other commitments that I can't skip, not when you call me at the end of the day when I am supposed to show up at 10 the next day for a TENTATIVE interview time.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Reynolds and Reynolds?   View Answer

Account Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Customer Training Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Applied through my college's career website. A couple days later they said I was moving to the next stage of application and sent me some evaluations to take. The evaluations were pretty tough, especially the math section (no calculator allowed) and took around two hours to complete. A few days later I received a phone call setting up a Skype interview. That interview seemed to go well, just basic interview questions about previous jobs and strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • Previous job experience.
      What's your greatest strength?
      What's your greatest weakness?

Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Process is excruciatingly long and complex. Series of aptitude, personality, ethics tests, and interview after interview is exhausting. Not much information is given and questions are very basic "why should we hire you over the others?" type of questions. Interviews are given by phone, skype, in-person, and by four different people, recruiter, human resources, vp and department head.

Interview Questions
    • describe your past jobs, experiences, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Gave them a resume at a career fair and was contacted about a week later saying that I qualified. Was sent several personality tests to take online which asked really random questions. Was then instructed to come in and take another test. Went to the office and was directed to the testing room where about 10 others were testing on a computer. Took the test which had a section for patterns, numbers, and math questions. Once I finished they said they would call me after reviewing my test to see where I best fit into the company. Since I read reviews on this site before hand I knew that was not a good sign. I was emailed about a week later saying that I was not going to be offered the internship.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

After submit my application, I received an email that told me to take an online assessment. The assessment comprised of three parts: Application, The Personality Assessment, and The Aptitude Test. Several days later, I got a rejection letter.

By the way, I don't understand how such kind of questions can estimate a candidate's quality, like in which country Diana died, and some graph inference problems.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

I submitted my resume online and a few days later received an email to schedule an onsite assessment. I went to take the assessment and about a week later received an email stating that the company will not be proceeding with my application.

Interview Questions
    • Assessment included sequence, word problems and analysis.   Answer Question

Technical Writing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in February 2015.

Very automated feeling robo emails with preliminary tests to take (see descriptions in other reviews). Then set up an appointment to take another mathematics type screening (see ASVAB and SAT math prep sections for a review). Frankly, my dear, I do not care to memorize the formula for the finding the hypotenuse of right triangle anymore. No calculator. No "crib sheet". If you've been working as a professional technical writer for all kinds of engineering and technical documentation, why is this an appropriate next step towards an interview? It is the job of the SME to provide clear technical data and for the technical writer to convey it appropriately to various audiences. Geez. Research into the RR interview process reveals that it is a comprehensive screening battery designed by IBM to ferret out techies who might be applying for the wrong positions and steer them elsewhere.

The management approach is described as something out of the old "Metropolis" classic film - hierarchical and inflexible. Excerpts from the Employee Manual posted online sound as though management thoroughly distrusts and even hates their employees. Degrading!

I asked the recruiter for a basic salary range for the writing position but received the standard runaround, albeit politely. Further online research seems to state about $38,000 or $18/hr. I don't mind starting a bit down from recent pay grades to learn a completely different documentation model, but not down to this level. Other online posts seem to confirm that there is very little employee development and prospect of an upward path. Once your peg has been place in their round or square hole, you are pretty much stuck there.

This all seems a shame because the company started out with a bright future and real incentives for employees.

If you search for Reynolds & Reynolds assessment, sample questions, interview process, or salaries online, you will find the kinds of information I describe above. After evaluating all the factors against this process and company, I cancelled my appointment with them. Who needs this kind ridiculous rigidity and penalizing approach to micromanaging everyone and everything?

Interview Questions
    • The length of the shadow of a flagpole was found to be 72 feet. The shadow of a 3 foot picket fence in line with the flagpole was 4 feet. What is the height of the flagpole?   View Answer
    • Personality question: I used to have a lot of trouble being late for work, but that is all behind me now. [Choice ranges from Agree Not At All to Totally Agree].   View Answer

As I researched more about the company, its application process, and management style, I decided that i am not a good fit for the kind of person who might be happy taking a job there.