Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

3.1

Outside Sales Account Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Applied through university career website and was then invited to take a personality assessment and aptitude test before proceeding any further in the interviewing process. The aptitude test is lengthy-about 45 minutes- and a test of speed. Questions included identifying patterns and other simple math problems. After the tests, a recruiter reached out and scheduled a 30-45 minute Skype interview. Recruiter really focused on commission-based pay and emphasized the potential annual salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

After the application, I took a series of online assessments and was then contacted a few weeks later for a Skype interview with a recruiter. A few weeks later I had another interview with the head of the software department. Both interviews went very well. The questions were just about my experiences and my resume, so there was nothing out of the ordinary. Probably one of the easiest interviews that I had done.

As a student in my last year of college, I have been actively looking for jobs. I had a job offer already on the table with a pretty high salary, so I told them that when they asked for my salary requirements. After my second interview I got a call for the third but they told me that my offer would be $25,000 less than my offer with the other company. At that point, I withdrew my application.

Overall, the interview process was very easy, but from what I gather, the company will not pay well at all. That was my biggest drawback.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy and about my past experiences.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The HR department sent over a IQ/Personality test to fill up. The test quit on me due to some unexpected behavior . I sent over an immediate email to the department. No follow-up or nothing. Very disappointed with company attitude and employees. Highly unprofessional company. Not at all recommended .

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview , asked about Polymorphism and OOP   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I was initially contacted via email and asked me to select a date and time to come in for an aptitude test and a "possible interview with a recruiter". After choosing a date and time, I was sent an email asking me to complete several online tests before going to the aptitude test. One was personality based and asked questions about drugs, stealing, etc. Another was vocabulary. I then went in for the aptitude test, which was an hour long and included algebra, sequencing, and things of that nature. After I completed the test I was asked to stay and talk to a recruiter. I went into a room with a chair and a computer and waited for the recruiter to call me via Skype. The recruiter was very friendly and asked me basic interview questions. She stated that the job I had originally applied for was filled and asked if I would be interested in other jobs at Reynolds, to which I replied that I would be. She told me she would give my information to another department and contact me if they were interested. A week later I was contacted for an interview with someone from their marketing department. I was not told the person's name or the job title for which I was interviewing for, which was my fault for not asking, and if I knew, I wouldn't have gone to the interview at all. At the interview I found out that the job was for "proof-reading", that's right, f*cking proof-reading. I was then given a "proof-reading test" which I was given 20 minutes to complete. After 20 minutes, she came in, took the test, and said she'd be back to talk to me shortly. However, a different person came in 5 minutes later and told me they didn't need anything else from me and that I'd receive an answer about the job soon. Having read tons of reviews on Glassdoor about this company I knew immediately that I did not receive the job. Although I was not bothered by that, I felt irritated that these people had wasted so much of my time. I graduated from one of the best schools in Texas with a 3.8 GPA, but that wasn't good enough for them, and I think that is complete and utter bullsh*t, sorry I'm not sorry. I jumped through numerous hoops only to receive a generic email saying I had not been accepted for the job. These people are unprofessional and a waste of your time. You are worth so much more. Thank you, Reynolds & Reynolds, for showing me how much better I can do.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty basic interview questions. Strengths, weaknesses, what you job aspirations are, ect.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

phone interview was stereotypical followed by a skype interview. Nothing special except for the application that asks you every intrusive question possible along with a few i'm pretty sure are illegal to ask.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

I applied online and received an email to complete personality and assessment tests. What a joke! Most of the questions had little to do with the position I was applying for. Example: What country did Princess Diana die in? I know the answer but what does that have to do with the job? The email said there were 3 tests and it would take about 45 minutes but after each test a new one appeared so I continued. By the time I got to the mechanical section (I'm not mechanical and did not apply for a mechanical job) I had enough! Skimmed through the others answering anything that didn't take a lot of time just to be done. That was 45+ minutes of my life I will never get back. Needless to say, I got another email stating they wouldn't be continuing the hiring process. Fine by me - my favorite four leter word comes to mind - NEXT!

Interview Questions
    • What country did Princess Diana die in?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in October 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a few days by email. The email stated that they would like me to complete an online aptitude test. I did a quick bit of Googling and found out this was very common with the company and that they company also offered a very low salary for devs. As this was one of the first companies to get back to me, I decided to take their test for fun.

The test was long and annoying. Basically a 1.5 hour IQ test. Things like mathematical word problems, recognizing patterns in letter strings, number strings, and images. They even had a vocabulary test. Halfway through I stopped caring as you only missed points if you answered incorrectly, not if you left them blank. I left a good amount blank because the time limits are not generous.

Anyway, I got a call a few days later from one of their recruiting managers asking me a few basic questions, if I was interviewing with anyone else, and what kind of salary I was expecting, and whether I would want to work in Dayton, OH or Texas.. I told her I would prefer Texas and that I wasn't sure what to ask for salary-wise and would like to know what Reynolds & Reynolds offered. She told me junior software devs usually make upper 30's or lower 40's (As in 30,000-40,000) a year. I told her I would want at the very least 50k.

She said she would let the recruiting team in Texas know and they would get in touch with me.

I haven't heard back in about 5 days and I am pretty sure I won't hear back because of my minimum salary requirement.

Regional Systems Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The initial process started with an assessment test, and then the next round was a phone interview, after that I was flown to the company for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all pretty standard regarding previous experience. They will check all jobs listed and references, so be truthful.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was limited but I was able to get a small increase to their offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kettering, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

The pre-employment testing, specifically the math portion is a bit extreme. One could certainly justify it if in fact is was validated and resulted in reduced turnover but the turnover is always very high. I would encourage this company's recruiting department to re-evaluate the assessment piece of their selection process. This may or may not occur either as they experience high turnover in that department as well.

Interview Questions
    • The math portion of the pre-employment assessment testing is difficult unless you've just graduated.   Answer Question

Production Specialist Interview

Had to take an aptitude test. The test itself wasn't difficult except you had a limited amount of time to answer the questions. With that said, the test overall was pretty difficult. Then you got interviewed by the recruiter and they explained more about the company and the position