Reynolds and Reynolds Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Phone interview with the only key question being "are you a smoker?" as they have a very strict no smoking policy. I was then sent links to personality and aptitude tests. Personality test focused a lot on attitude to drugs, management and whether you are outgoing. Aptitude test was vocabulary, pattern seeking and numeracy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Really long and tough, not the best at keeping you informed and sometimes hard to see where it was going. Basically there was a phone interview, online math and aptitude tests which were long and difficult. Then there was an in person interview and a skype interview that were about an hour or more each with a lot of sincere questions - they expected me to have a lot of questions as well. Then there was a proctored math test to ensure I was not using a calculator and it was very similar and had some of the same questions as the last exam - still tough and long. It took about two months and it was so annoying, but if it's something you really want it is definitely worth following through.

Interview Questions

• I saw on google that you have done reports on (insert blank here). Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Had to go through a long exam that involved math algebra and english. Nothing Engineering related. Questions are basic. They send you a document with a several type of questions that they will ask. Highly suggest to do them before attempting the actual test. Felt disappointed and didn't really understand the whole point of that test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email from HR to schedule an on campus aptitude test. Once the date for testing is confirmed I was asked to complete an online assessment and application.

The at home took about an hour and the on campus test took another hour. Received an email saying they will not continue with the process. Guess I didn't "pass" the test.

The whole process is a huge waste of my time and I was not even asked for an phone interview.

Interview Questions

• the aptitude test has 3 sections, pattern recognition, shape/IQ test and applied algebra   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

Applied through school, then received link to take online assessment. Do not take this assessment if you don't have the time or the attention at that moment. It was very lengthy and required a lot of brain power to complete.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds.

Interview

I responded to their online job listing with my resume. I received a message back asking that I come in for testing and a possible interview. They sent along some peculiar tests for me to do at home that included psych evals and IQ testing. The whole process took a couple hours and I ended up not getting asked to stay for an interview. From what I can tell they have a very particular type of personality they want for their company. I received word back a little while after that day that they were going with different options. All in all I would consider the entire experience a waste of time. I had put together a tailored resume with relevant school/intern experience but did not speak with one person. It was not until I came on here afterwards that I realized that is their method. Let the computers do all of the evaluations for you. Applicants end up spending a day preparing and performing tests only to get dismissed in seconds. I doubt they even looked at my resume...

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Dayton, OH (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received an email letting me know they wanted me to come in for testing/possible interview. There were preliminary psych evaluations, "ethics" tests, and IQ tests I had to take before showing up that required a little less than two hours to complete. When I showed up I had to go through more tests! They were much of the same (IQ and personality tests). Mind you I have not spoken to anyone up to this point. Well, I finish up and they tell me to wait out in the lobby, which I figured was a good sign since others were not asked to do so. Well, I go in for an interview with a girl who tells me the position I applied for was already filled and that I could apply for another one...okaaaaaay that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Well I guess their extensive computer testing is like the sorting hat from Hogwartz so who am I to question it? Well I went through a few more interviews after her that were a surprising contrast to the rigidity of the previous portion of the interview process. Mind you, I got a lot of the usual questions so if you go in there well prepared you should be fine as they really were quite personable. Oddly enough, one of the earliest questions I was asked by the first interviewer was about salary range. I didn't know anything about the job itself and yet I was supposed to answer this question! I ended up giving my expected salary, which is at the lower end of the range I found online, and she said the job was at a lower salary (A LOT less). I had come this far so I figured go on. I guess as part of the formal interview you have to fill out the long form application. This is where things got really weird. I was asked questions about smoking, indirect questions about my marital status, and direct questions about my parents...the whole thing felt really uncomfortable as NONE of that has anything to do with my ability to do the job for which I had not even applied for in the first place. Well, I was there so I answered them and was administered an oral drug test right then and there. A few weeks later I received an offer for about twenty percent less than my lowest expected salary range and I tell you what I did my research on that end so what gives?

Interview Questions

• What was your parents' education level/occupation?   1 Answer
    • Do you smoke?   1 Answer
    • What would your spouse have to say about your career something or another?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds in March 2015.

Interview

They gave you a link and ask you to take tests including personal assessment and mathematical evaluations. It took about 2 hours to finish all the questions. Kind of boring. All applicants at Reynolds and Reynolds must complete our pre-employment testing. The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections. All questions are multiple choice.

Interview Questions

• Mental Acuity – 15 minutes
      Business Terms/Memory Recall – 5 minutes
      Vocabulary – 4 minutes
      Perception – 3 minutes
      Mechanical Interest – not timed
      Personality – not timed

In a certain company, 30 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women attend night school. If 40 percent of all employees are men, what percent of all the employees attend night school?

2 Answers

Reynolds Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (DeKalb, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process that Reynolds & Reynolds uses makes it seem like they are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Originally, I applied for a Sales Representative trainee position. My application went through and by the next day I had received an email asking me to complete an online skills assessment. I did not think this would be too bad so I started it and boy was I wrong. The test took me almost two hours and tested me on how well I can recognize patterns. I can't see what this has to do with being a sales rep.

Next, I received a call saying that they likes the results of the test and wanted to do phone screening with me. This was not bad and went rather smoothly. Then the next day I received yet another call for the same exact thing. I took it again and at the end of the call, they told me that they felt that I would fit better in a different role with them and asked me if I would like to pursue the Reynolds Solution Specialist role instead. I said ok and proceeded with that.

The next step had me do a skype interview with the recruiter. About a week later, I was asked to take the same test that I originally had done, only this time I would have to make sure they could monitor me. I understand why but this was a total pain in the butt.

After that, I had to do another skype interview with the manager of the area that I would be working for if I were to be hired. That wasn't too bad, except for the fact that I was on skype with the guy while he was sitting in his living room with a lot going on behind him. Then I had a skype interview with one of the directors at their Houston location. Again, he seemed like he had no idea what was happening and I was starting to get bad vibes from being pushed around from interview to interview with no sight of the end.

Finally, I heard back days later that I was going to meet with a rep that was in my area. They had me drive to meet her out at a Panera bread in business professional attire. It was a little much for the atmoshpere. The funny thing is, during this stage, I was not asked any interview questions. Just merely talked with rep about sports the whole time.

About a week after that, I finally got an email telling me that my skills would be better utilized at a position that was currently unavailable at the company and that they would keep my file on hand if it ever opens up. REALLY?!?!?!?!?! All of that to be told that I would be better suited for a different position in the company when I was switched to a position that was supposedly better for me? This company seems to not know what is going on half of the time and I couldn't be more displeased with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with relocating?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Reynolds and Reynolds (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received appointment scheduling request the same week (time slots given were 2 weeks from the date I received request) and I scheduled the appointment. Once I scheduled the appointment, received email to complete three items - an Application, Personality Assessment, and Ethics Assessment. Those have to completed prior to appointment time. Appointment was scheduled for an Aptitude Test

Interview Questions

• The Aptitude Test - The logic and aptitude test contains three timed sections - alphabet sequence, spatial relationship & mathematics. All questions are multiple choice. If you are lucky, you will see the same questions as in the sample test itself. I didn't do well in the test. Reason I could think of - I didn't take a timed sample test and somehow I had it in mind algebra is the only topic to be covered in mathematics which was not true. Please ask for extra scribbling paper before you enter for text. One paper was not enough for me and there was no one inside the room to provide you extra papers.   Answer Question