Rim Hospitality

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Rim Hospitality.

Interview Details Applied online, was called several days later to set up an interview.
One-on-one interview with the manager of the hotel.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you failed to resolve a customer's issue, and why.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rim Hospitality.

Interview Details After asking an industry friend if the company was hiring, I immediately received a call to set up an interview within two days. I met with property management and 7-days later met with our regional management after completing a personality test online (2 hours). I later met with upper corporate officers after my offer letter was signed. Throughout the entire process, everyone was warm, open, professional and friendly.

Interview Question – What's the difference between a leader & a manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. They were very upfront about what the pay was, how it was broken down & what was expected in exchange.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in May 2010.

Interview Details Applied to the software developer position through the company website. The HR called after one month after I applied to set up a phone interview with the technical recruitment person. The phone interview lasted about twenty minutes. It was basically questions about the resume, past experience, how good I am in my programming skills.. waiting for call for next round interview..

Interview Question – How good am I at C, Unix?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in May 2010.

Interview Details Phone Interview - Very detailed and asked situational questions. Be very detailed with your answers and provide specific exampled. Phone interview takes about an hour. Be prepared to talk about what you are doing to develop yourself professionally and eprsonally. That caught me off guard. Also be very prepared to rpesent a training presentation in your face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you are doing to develop yourself personally and profssionally.   View Answer
  • Give specific examples of how you impacted training performance.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Travel 75% and I have a small child

User Experience Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rim Hospitality in March 2010.

Interview Details Applied to the position online via the RIM website.

So far just the phone interview that the RIM HR rep conducts asking for a walk through of the resume. As you talk, they type, they don't ask too many questions,did ask some questions specific to posted position ie have you done marketing plans etc, and any other things that may stand out on the resume ie. they asked about my educational background.

Interview Question – It was a preliminary phone interview, there were not any unexpected questions. They did ask if I had interviewed with RIM before and I had (for a different role), and answered as such.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rim Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rim Hospitality interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Rim Hospitality employees and interview candidates.