Rite Aid Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.0

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2010.

Filled out application. Then went to interview with store manager. When that went well, filled out paperwork for background check (which I passed). I then had a drug test and with that complete, had a final interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • "What awards or accomplishments had I received."   View Answer
    Sadly there was no negotiation on salary. The pay was as-is. I needed the job, so I accepted

Cashier/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Astoria, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2013.

It's a pretty simple interview, you go in to the store, the manager sits with you, he asks you a couple of questions, whether you do drugs, when you can work, all simple questions. But after the interview you need to take an online test, once you take it and pass it you'll be sent to a facility where they will examine you for drugs. After that, if you pass both exams, you begin to work. This process takes about one to two weeks, depending on the manager and how quickly he moves.

Interview Questions
    • None, the most "difficult" thing is the online test which is super easy.   Answer Question
    You are not able to negotiate the pay, as everyone starts the same. But for night shift, you get 50 cents more.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Granville, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granville, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2014.

Applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. Only had one interview with the pharmacy manager in the patient consultation room. Was her first interview so she read off a template. After interview i had to do a survey at home on my computer and it took a week for corporate to give her the ok to offer me a position. I went in a couple days later to fill out background paperwork and had drug test the next week. Few days later was informed everything checked out and i could start as soon as i could come in and finish the paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • When did i work with a team to find a solution to a problem?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was offered a pay better than she thought she would be allowed to offer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rite Aid in September 2010.

Can apply in person at a store by filling out application form or online. Interview for store associate is basic. Drug test involved. Minimum wage is often starting rate. I walked into store and asked for a job. The next day after I interviewed and passed my drug test I worked a full day.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at interview. Basic questions were asked. Passed drug test and was hired   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate my starting wage.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rite Aid.

I applied in person with one of the managers and was lead to believe I would get the job only to be informed a week later that they merely shifted the workers to cover the shifts they needed. Few months later, I received a call telling me to continue the hiring process because they had open positions. This step was the online questionnaire. I failed to my surprise. Either choose strongly agree or disagree and see people optimistically because they ask questions like, "would some people steal if they knew they'd get away with it." Realistically, I answered yes to similar questions which I guess hurt my chances. It was disappointing to see something futile as that take away a job offer.

Pharmacist Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangor, ME (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Rite Aid in May 2013.

Very easy to get into if you have the right degree and know the right people.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions for me, but may be difficult for others.   Answer Question
    They were friendly and easy to negotiate with.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Got a call from the recruiter, phone interview on the spot. Then did a personality test, and the store manager called me back the next day. Interviewed with the store manager, awaiting next steps.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Rite Aid in July 2014.

Long interview process, meet with store manager, district manager and hr manager. Long gaps between interviews. Lost patience with process and ended up taking a different job with another company

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were basic. Be ready with examples from past jobs to answer questions.   Answer Question

low starting salary

Pharmacy Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in July 2014.

Intern with the company through school and the Pharmacist recommended me for the job after my performance. Was given an application and took the job survey. Then a week later I was asked to speak with the PDM over the phone and he asked for a resume. I sent him a resume and I got the job.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

The process took about 5 weeks start to finish. There was an initial screening with a HR recruiter, immediately after that she had me do a survey. I was then contacted by the pharmacy district manager for an interview. After interviewing with him I was told I would interview with the HR manager, which I did the next day. Then I was called back to interview with the district manager. All the interviews were very informal and were more of a conversation. They made the process very ray and relaxed but they asked the typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you approaching people and stating a conversation?   Answer Question
    The salary was given during the initial interview with the recruiter but during the interview with the PDM I was told that the salary would actually be higher than initially stated, which was true when the offer was made.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!