Rite Aid

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Rite Aid in July 2014.

Interview Details Long interview process, meet with store manager, district manager and hr manager. Long gaps between interviews. Lost patience with process and ended up taking a different job with another company

Interview Question – Interview questions were basic. Be ready with examples from past jobs to answer questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low starting salary

Pharmacy Interview

Pharmacy

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in July 2014.

Interview Details Intern with the company through school and the Pharmacist recommended me for the job after my performance. Was given an application and took the job survey. Then a week later I was asked to speak with the PDM over the phone and he asked for a resume. I sent him a resume and I got the job.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Wellness Ambassador

I applied online - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview Details The process took about 5 weeks start to finish. There was an initial screening with a HR recruiter, immediately after that she had me do a survey. I was then contacted by the pharmacy district manager for an interview. After interviewing with him I was told I would interview with the HR manager, which I did the next day. Then I was called back to interview with the district manager. All the interviews were very informal and were more of a conversation. They made the process very ray and relaxed but they asked the typical interview questions.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you approaching people and stating a conversation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was given during the initial interview with the recruiter but during the interview with the PDM I was told that the salary would actually be higher than initially stated, which was true when the offer was made.

Pooler, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. I was asked situation questions, which required me to be quick on my feet in responding. Also have an idea of what the top 200 drugs are. Come in there with a positive mood and you will more than likely land the job.

Interview Question – Average questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details Being an employee I had to go through the company web-site. I had to submit a refreshed resume'. I was interviewed by the District Manager. A few days later, HR called and I spoke with them and they asked questions that I felt had nothing to do with the actual running of a store. The questions were about situations and what I would do if put in that particular situation.

Interview Question – Explain a time that you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details Initially, fill in paper app, best off taking it to manager and introducing oneself. Next they have one do an online questionnaire. Do not be honest here, tell them what they want to hear. Hopefully they call and offer then you drug test. This simple process can take 2 to 3 weeks.

Interview Question – On the online questionnaire they ask if I thought rite aid employees looked for other employment opportunities. The answers are multiple choice. I chose "probably". I was initially excluded on the bases of this one answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for this job. $7.50 take it or leave it.

Associate Interview

Associate
West Seattle, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2014.

Interview Details I walked in one day in West Seattle and asked for an application. There were two interviews. One for the meet n' greet, as well as talking about insurance hours available, experience, and to inform me of the drug test I would have to take and another interview for the hire. Overall it was good. They had an issue with the computer finding me, like, my manager was all ready to hire me, but there were minor setbacks.

Interview Question – Nothing, really.
I braced myself for anything and got less than what I was expecting. Overall, it was a quick, easy, and emotionally painless.
  View Answer

Brandenburg, KY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2010.

Interview Details I had one interview in the breakroom with the head pharmacist and was hired on the spot. He asked me questions regarding my experience, about my attitude toward other employees and the patients we would serve. He wanted to be sure I would be consistent in my work attendance and that I would be a good fit with the present crew.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- I took what he offered.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Wellness Ambassador
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview Details I emailed my resume directly to the Hiring Manager for a position after seeing a job posting on the window of a local Rite Aid store, and my email was answered the next day inviting me for an interview the following Monday. Monday came, but the interview had to be postponed to Wednesday. On that Wednesday, I interviewed for the position of Asset Protection Agent, but the person I interviewed with thought my personality was so "dynamic" and "engaging", that he asked if he could consider recommending me for the Wellness Ambassador position. I wasn't familiar with that position, but I was in desperate need to begin working, so I was open to the suggestion. I was asked to be certain to fill out an online application while waiting for the next interview. Two days later, I got a call from a representative in Human Resources, who conducted a "pre-screening" of me over the phone, which was a very basic and pleasant interview. She kindly informed me that I would need to fill out a survey if I had not done so with my application, and if not, she would email it to me. One Monday of the next week, I got an email from the Human Resource representative to let me know that she would be forwarding all of my application "materials" over the Hiring Manager in the Pharmacy department of the store in which the position was available. (I assume that meant I passed the survey, as the process probably would have ended there if I had not.) Two days later, I got a call from the Pharmacy Manager (hiring manager) to schedule an interview for the very next day. During the interview, I met with both the Pharmacy Manager and the Store Manager. They were very busy that day, so they could not be as formal about the interview as they would have liked to, but they both explained to me the gist of the job duties, what they would expect from me, the hours I can expect to work, etc. After all that, the Pharmacy Manager said, "I think you would be GREAT for this job. I will go ahead and submit my recommendation for you." So, I was then scheduled for another meeting with the Supervisor over the Pharmacy Manager as well as the Human Resource Representative. This particular interview was a lot more frustrating, as it was much longer than any of the other interviews, the questions were all very scenario-based, and the number of questions asked seemed endless. Before the questions, however, I was asked to watch a short video of a Wellness Ambassador at work, which I thought was impressive. I was then shown the job description of the Wellness Ambassador, and then the two of them took turns asking the questions. The interview last well over an hour. They thanked me, told me that they would be in touch within the next day or two, and that they would let me know their "decision", which I was confused about considering I'd already gotten a "decision" from the person who was doing the actual hiring. Finally, after 3 restless days of waiting, I finally got the call from the Pharmacy Manager that I could go finish up the next steps of the "hiring process".

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which your superior asked you to do a job that you felt you were not necessarily equipped or qualified to do. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2011.

Interview Details Walked in and talked to the manager face to face, had a short conversation with him, simple as that. He gave me an application which I handed in the next day. Had to pass a drug test and background check and eventually had to study to pass the technicians exam, all of which is done in store.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job offer

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!