Ritz-Carlton

Updated 7 Dec 2014
Updated 7 Dec 2014

3.1

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2014.

Applied online. Received a response in a week to come in for an interview. Interview was in the afternoon: took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with the Front Office Manager. Series of 10-15 behavioral questions regarding performance, anticipating the guests needs (important for quality for the Ritz!) and other questions. Last question was regarding my knowledge of the company. Thought I had a positive experience, even received confirmation from interviewer that he felt that I would be a great fit. Did not receive the position, possibly due to me being a recent graduate with little experience.

Interview Questions
    • N/A most questions were typical to this type of interview   Answer Question

Pastry Cook Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   View Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

There will be an online Assessment where you need to type out the answers, which you need to provide your job experience and reason for applying the job, then first round of interview with the HR Manager, followed by interview with the Front Office Manager

Interview Questions
    • Assessment question where you have to provide scenarios for each situation   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I got a email saying I was selected to be interviewed for the position. Given the fact that I was overseas and all flights were booked, I had to tell the person conducting the interview she was quick to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview it was about 45mins. She started by telling me about the job her expectations. She laid it all out on the table. Then she moved on to the situational questions and she told me she wanted direct answers to a situation that I previously encountered. No use of the "I always do this" more like in this situation. It was intense kept me on my toes but it was good. I moved on to the second stage an interview with the director!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever helped someone complete there work?   Answer Question
    • Have you done something wrong/ made a mistake at work how did you treat the situation   Answer Question
    • A conflict arise between yourself and a coworker how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What's your greatest strength and an area of opportunity for growth   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question

Commis-Kitchen Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

Got an email from the executive chef and offered me for a position.decided to accept the position. Then a few a days after we had an informal chat/interview. Then afterwards received an email from the hr personnel, scheduling a new interview via skype. Had skype interview and questions were all about practical and work situations. After the interview a got a call from a hr personnel asking for some documents or I think some background checking. And said that I'll be notified after 2 days. But its already a week still dont get any feedback from them....

Interview Questions
    • Whats the toughest decision you had made recently in your life?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time that you have to work with professionals at work?   Answer Question

MSE Manager Interview

The interview process is slow. The online tests is very lengthy.
    The interview at property had three managers present: HR Manager, Hotel Manager and Director of Banquets.
    Many questions were asked regarding opportunity moments and how it was fixed and turned into a a happy guest.

Interview Questions
    • What was the way you worked with an opportunity that you had to fix but you didn't create?   Answer Question
    42,000

Sales Manager Interview

I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Questions
    • I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Very selective about their hiring process, they only want the finest employees representing the name brand

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever told a lie? What is your greatest regret?   Answer Question