Ritz-Carlton

Updated 23 Nov 2014
Updated 23 Nov 2014

3.1

Pastry Cook Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   View Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

There will be an online Assessment where you need to type out the answers, which you need to provide your job experience and reason for applying the job, then first round of interview with the HR Manager, followed by interview with the Front Office Manager

Interview Questions
    • Assessment question where you have to provide scenarios for each situation   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I got a email saying I was selected to be interviewed for the position. Given the fact that I was overseas and all flights were booked, I had to tell the person conducting the interview she was quick to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview it was about 45mins. She started by telling me about the job her expectations. She laid it all out on the table. Then she moved on to the situational questions and she told me she wanted direct answers to a situation that I previously encountered. No use of the "I always do this" more like in this situation. It was intense kept me on my toes but it was good. I moved on to the second stage an interview with the director!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever helped someone complete there work?   Answer Question
    • Have you done something wrong/ made a mistake at work how did you treat the situation   Answer Question
    • A conflict arise between yourself and a coworker how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What's your greatest strength and an area of opportunity for growth   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question

Commis-Kitchen Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

Got an email from the executive chef and offered me for a position.decided to accept the position. Then a few a days after we had an informal chat/interview. Then afterwards received an email from the hr personnel, scheduling a new interview via skype. Had skype interview and questions were all about practical and work situations. After the interview a got a call from a hr personnel asking for some documents or I think some background checking. And said that I'll be notified after 2 days. But its already a week still dont get any feedback from them....

Interview Questions
    • Whats the toughest decision you had made recently in your life?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time that you have to work with professionals at work?   Answer Question

MSE Manager Interview

The interview process is slow. The online tests is very lengthy.
    The interview at property had three managers present: HR Manager, Hotel Manager and Director of Banquets.
    Many questions were asked regarding opportunity moments and how it was fixed and turned into a a happy guest.

Interview Questions
    • What was the way you worked with an opportunity that you had to fix but you didn't create?   Answer Question
    42,000

Sales Manager Interview

I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Questions
    • I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Very selective about their hiring process, they only want the finest employees representing the name brand

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever told a lie? What is your greatest regret?   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I applied on line two years ago and was called in for an interview in less than 2 weeks with the spa manager. Right after the verbal interview we proceeded to a hands on practical. Before I left she said she wanted me to meet with, I'm assuming the spa director. So I thought, "Yay, this is good!". A few days later I had the next interview. It was the "talent plus" questions and about my availability. Granted it was for on-call, I was being honest and told then I had a full time job, going to school and planning a wedding. I know TMI! Long story short, I didn't get the job but re-applied a week ago, the day, the position became available. They declined my application the next day saying they "decided to go with another candidate", but I KNOW they don't hire in a day. A new position came up the next day, so I applied, again. I got the same email 3 days later. And yes, both positions that they claimed to be filled, are still up and "accepting applications". Very disappointing. Just don't reply instead of lying. I thought the Ritz Carlton values were higher than that.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but a lot of the questions had the same feel. "Explain a time in which you worked in a difficult situation and what you did to handle it? How did it make you feel?"   View Answer