Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated 5 Apr 2015
Updated 5 Apr 2015

3.1

Night Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Applied online, about a week later received a phone call and from that they scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of a panel of 3 which included the head of security, the head of house keeping and the Executive Assistant Manager (EAM).

Interview was predominately behavioral interview questions relating to customer service and why you want to work at The Ritz-Carlton.

At the end of the interview they said they were interviewing other individuals and if interested they would contact me back within the week. They called me back the very next day and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Banquets Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Very professional but still felt casual. Met outside the restaurant, as interviewee asked I answered and they wrote down everything. A lot of scenario questions, what have you done. Be confident and nice. They want nice people to work here, Is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• All about the customer experience and you being creative and genuine whenever helping a guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

After submitting an application online you will be contacted by an outside recruiter. This person may or may not know anything about the property or the day to day needs for the job(beyond what they have been told)

The next steps involve questions about your experience where they will want a situation, how you handled it, and what the results were. You should be as detailed as possible and spend some time explain the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you planned something and it didn't go the way you expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay since i knew i was taking over a position that had originally been 2 separate jobs.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response in a week to come in for an interview. Interview was in the afternoon: took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with the Front Office Manager. Series of 10-15 behavioral questions regarding performance, anticipating the guests needs (important for quality for the Ritz!) and other questions. Last question was regarding my knowledge of the company. Thought I had a positive experience, even received confirmation from interviewer that he felt that I would be a great fit. Did not receive the position, possibly due to me being a recent graduate with little experience.

Interview Questions

• N/A most questions were typical to this type of interview   Answer Question

SPA Director - St Thomas, USVI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Charlotte Amalie (Virgin Islands (US))) in November 2014.

Interview

i was contacted quickly after applying online. HR screen happened rapidly and they stated they were in a hurry and wanted to complete process in a week. It took about 1.5 weeks, which was excellent. I spoke to HR Director, General Manager, F&B Director. My salary expectation was pretty high as I am experienced and spa is not huge. I was asking for about $30,000 more than they offered a colleague about 3 years ago.

i never received any follow-up from Ritz AT ALL. I was shcked for such a company known for their treatment of people. This was after I had sent a follow up email to the General Manager and HR Director.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with the cost of living on the island? cost of living and transition. Director stated that he/she was unaware and vaguely intimated that he/she did not negotiate nearly enough in his/her package.   1 Answer

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Aspen, CO (US)).

Interview

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

There will be an online Assessment where you need to type out the answers, which you need to provide your job experience and reason for applying the job, then first round of interview with the HR Manager, followed by interview with the Front Office Manager

Interview Questions

• Assessment question where you have to provide scenarios for each situation   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I got a email saying I was selected to be interviewed for the position. Given the fact that I was overseas and all flights were booked, I had to tell the person conducting the interview she was quick to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview it was about 45mins. She started by telling me about the job her expectations. She laid it all out on the table. Then she moved on to the situational questions and she told me she wanted direct answers to a situation that I previously encountered. No use of the "I always do this" more like in this situation. It was intense kept me on my toes but it was good. I moved on to the second stage an interview with the director!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever helped someone complete there work?   Answer Question
    • Have you done something wrong/ made a mistake at work how did you treat the situation   Answer Question
    • A conflict arise between yourself and a coworker how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • What's your greatest strength and an area of opportunity for growth   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Questions

• Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question