Rockwell Automation

Rockwell Automation Technical Consultant Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rockwell Automation in December 2011.

I was contacted by both the hiring manager and HR on the same day. I had an informal phone interview with the hiring manager later that day and a phone interview with HR a couple days later. I had the formal interview at the sales office the next week. It was a round-robin interview where I was with four people one after another. The odd thing about this interview was that other candidates were on site at the same time and we all just rotated through interviewers. I was asked to have a second on site interview with another manager a week later, but due to scheduling difficulties and the fact that we had a baby due any day, we did this one by phone as well. I was extended an offer 3 or 4 weeks after I was first contacted, which was a month after applied. There was also an online personality/IQ test that I had to do, but this almost felt like more of a formality.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing stood out as being unexpected, but if you are new to a sales office be ready to give a sales pitch.   Answer Question
I had other commitments and was unable to start the job as soon as they wanted me to. They were willing to put off my start date for a considerable amount of time and therefore I chose not to negotiate over salary as I did not feel I had much leverage, but I was happy with the initial offer anyways.