Ross Stores

Average Difficulty
74 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and a week later they called and asked me to come for an interview. I arrived there about 5 minutes early but seem like they didn't like me coming just 5 minutes early so they had me wait in the back for about 15 or 20 minutes. Then I spoke to the hiring manager. While I maintained eye contact and talk confidently about my volunteer experience, the manager couldn't look me in the eye, he kept looking at the ground while he spoke. I asked all the questions but honestly felt like I didn't get the job just because I don't have any retail experience even though they were paying minimum wage. A week after the interview I called to follow up and were told that they were still waiting for my background check and he'll call me back when he receive it. I never heard from them again.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?
How would you handle an irate customer?
What skills did you learn in your volunteer work?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Meridian, ID (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in February 2012.

Interview Details Got a call and came in two days later. The interview was several questions with two managers interviewing you. My interview lasted a little more than an hour and they basically let me know that I had the job.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, you get $7.25 to start with.

Bend, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in July 2014.

Interview Details Application process was simple enough. Haven't gone through the hiring process yet. They sent me an email, telling me to full out an assessment. But the link is faulty.

Interview Question – What was your previous position?   View Answer

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details Applied and received a call within half to a full month. One interview with the Assistant Manager who chose who would go to the next interview, then a second interview to days later with the Store Manager. Expected questions such as why you want to work there, tell them a bit about yourself, tell me a time when... questions, very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details Had one interview with the store manager and was called back within a few days to start my hiring process. Manager did not seem interested in the process whatsoever. It was more of a chore

Interview Question – What is your favorite household chore?   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview Details interview was really short, asked my availability and a few work experience questions. For the most part they were really in need of somebody that would learn how to do stock

Interview Question – why do you want to work for ross?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details received a phone call to come into for an interview (after filling out online application a couple days prior); asked about prior work history, asked about schedule availability; interview explained what type of position was available and asked if I was OK with it; was hired on the spot, just have to wait for background check to process

Interview Question – very basic questions - easy to answer, be honest   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as this was an hourly wage position, it is minimum wage - acceptable for a first time job

Very Easy Interview

Anderson, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and a week later I was called in for an interview. They lady who I was suppose to interview wasn't there so I met with the Department Supervisor reallllyyyyyy brief. I had my resume with me and all she wanted to know is a little about my previous work history. A week later I was called for some background information and I received a call today saying I start my training next week!

Negotiation Details – None

Danville, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Ross Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online for a call following week for one on one interview mostly ask behavioral questions( between 8-10 ) interview with the assistant manager was told they will contact you by next day if got the job but I was contacted a week later and was offer the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to. Negotiate

Florissant, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ross Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details I apply for a brand new location. I almost completely forgot I applied when I was called for the interview. The interviewer ask simple questions like what would you do if you had an angry customer. I was hired on the spot. I return next week to give my ids and sign forms for a background check.

Worked for Ross Stores? Contribute to the Community!