Rothstein Kass Interview Questions

2.4

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position through my school's website and was contacted for an interview the next week. The day before the interview, the firm held a social at their offices. A staff member was tasked with showing the attendees around and when we left the lobby and kitchen areas to see the "production room floor", she told us that this was where the "grunts" worked. Having studied Political Science for my undergraduate degree, I am admittedly very sensitive about being exploited as a worker, so when she called the associates "grunts" I mentally recoiled. After touring the grunt office, we ended up back in the lobby for snacks. That's when the partner-in-charge stepped off the elevator. He was greeted like a rock star. Everyone gathered around him to hear about how he'd broken his ankle playing soccer, how the culture of the firm was the greatest in the land, how accounting was about helping people and how the partner was looking forward to an evening of drinking with the female associates down at his favorite sports bar. When he asked the candidates if we had any questions, one guy who I'd had a few classes with asked, "Everyone here just seems so happy, it's amazing. What's the secret to that?" The answer, of course, was that Rothstein Kass was a wonderful place to work. Then I asked the partner, "What is it that continues to make accounting interesting for you?" How this stumped him, I don't know, but he complained about how he didn't know he'd be the one getting interviewed. My fate was sealed. The head recruiter didn't seem like the type to rock the boat by hiring a potential trouble-maker. When I had my formal interview the next day, the firm was half an hour late to start, no difficult questions were asked and I could tell it was just a formality since the appointment had already been set. When the recruiter emailed me that I had not been selected for a second round interview, I asked whether she'd be willing to give me any feedback about where I fell short. She never responded. The guy who'd asked about the happy people got an offer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online through campus Career Services website. On campus interview was a 1-on-1 interview with a person from the firm. The first round interview was very easy going and conversational. Was invited to a second round interview at the office, which was 4 interviews with various Associates, Seniors, and Managers. Again, the interviews were very conversional, with maybe 1 or 2 behavioral type questions total (across all 4 interviews). Overall it was a very pleasant experience, all people I had contact with were extremely friendly and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Why Rothstein Kass?
      Why Audit?
      Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Tax Staff Interview

Interview

Submit application through school career center, invited to on-campus Interview, then second round for office visit.

Interview Questions

• Casual environment, asked how can contribute to the company.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career network. There were only a few people being interviewed because there were only a few time slots. The interviewer was very casual and nice but did ask me questions regarding my resume and also my leadership skills. The whole interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Audit Staff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Walnut Creek, CA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied to RK after doing their summer leadership program earlier in college. I emailed the HR manager and they were very friendly in setting up an interview during their on campus interview period. On campus interview was one on one with a Staff auditor from their socal office, took about 2 weeks for them to call back and offer a second round interview at the office I was applying for. I was unable to make their initial desired time period however they were very courteous in postponing until a time that worked for both of us. The second round consisted of three one on one interviews in the office, with two audit managers and a partner, followed by lunch with a staff member. The interviews generally revolved around discussing company culture and the responsibilities of the position, as well as my expectations and why I wanted to join RK and be a CPA. Everyone was very friendly and clearly cared about learning about me personally and whether I would be a good fit, culturally, professionally, and work-ethic wise, for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe, to your understanding, what a hedge fund is   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself/ why you want to work with RK   1 Answer

Negotiation

received a call shortly from HR with an offer and accepted promptly, though they said they generally give candidates around two weeks to accept an offer. Terms were already set, not much room for negotiation, however they pay very competitively with very good benefits, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and easy going - I was asked about things on my resume, why do you want to work for them and what you are expecting from this job. It lasted about 10 minutes and ended with good impression.

Know your resume, feel comfortable to talk about yourself, smile and be positive.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Beverly Hills, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

First round interview was on campus 2 weeks ago. I told them I needed to hear back quickly for school purposes. A week later, got a call saying I was invited to 2nd rounds in the office. They asked me to come back this week (today). Went in and had 5 back-to-back interviews. 3 managers, a partner, and an HR person. Everyone was super chill and the whole process was very laid back. Behavioral Qs in the first round, 2nd round was just getting to know you (I didn't get behavioral questions at all). Got a call tonight with my offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is leadership to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't even try-dont negotiate internship pay!

Tax Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone from HR. The interview process was very easy going. The interviewer was very warm and welcoming. The work culture seemed as if it would be great.

Internship-Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Alumini came to ask and pretty friendly. The question about Why did I choose my college ? And why I choose RK?...Why I want this job? My teamwork...and my financial internship before. The most important is to fit its company culture and show that you are energetic !

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rothstein Kass (Roseland, NJ (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

met with HR first and interviewed with senior managers and principals