Royal Bank of Scotland

Updated 3 Mar 2015
Updated 3 Mar 2015

Customer Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

After applying via sending my CV. I was contacted via email about a schedules telephone interview. This followed a week later. The telephone interview lasted roughly 30-40 minutes. Competency questions linking to experience, team work, using initiative questions. Was pretty simple successfully passed that stage was scheduled next for a face to face interview. Could have been far more prepared standard type questions. Why rbs?

Interview Questions
    • why rbs?
      Why customer service?
      what makes you stand out from other?
      what do you know about the company?

Risk Assessment, Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Applied online and a couple of weeks later I received a call from the recruiter to arrange first round interview with the hiring manager. I had three rounds of interview, including one with the overall business head. All interviews lasted about 45 mins each and were all competency based.

After three rounds of interview, I was waiting up to four weeks for feedback and during that time I chased to the point of frustration. It was just an overall disappointing experience and due to a change in personal circumstances I withdrew my interest in the role and lost interest in RBS.

Commercial Banking Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Applied online. Had to do three tests.. situational judgement, numerical and logical reasoning. Had the the Telephone interview after a week. overall it was not a bad experience. the interview lasted around 40 minutes and

Interview Questions
    • A few motivational questions.. why rbs? what do you know about this division? why this programme?Two competency questions ..Tell me about a time when you helped someone achieve their goals. There were a lot of follow up questions
      Describe a situation when you challenged something that was not compatible with your principles.

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

Initial application, then psychometric tests including logical and numerical tests, then I had to wait around a while, and finally they asked me to sign up for an interview. They even gave me feedback after which is nice. The interview was very informal. It is worth noting that if you don't know enough about RBS/the program, they will not let you move on to the second part of the interview.

Interview Questions

I wanted to go on spring break to Italy.

Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

It was a telephone interview divided into three sections. The first section is about your motivation, including questions like why RBS? why this programme? your long-term career plan? The other two sections are focusing on competency. The questions I met were: give an example about helping an individual achieve a goal; assign yourself a value from the number 1-10, with 1 being sticking to your own principle, 10 being you comfortable doing something that you didn't like but was asked to do. Each question was followed by questions on your answer. For my experience it lasted for around 45 mins. Was told at the end the result would be emailed to me within 48 hours, so still waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Why RBS rather than other competitors? Why this programme?
      Example of helping an individual achieve a goal.
      To what extent you stick to your own principle?

Commercial Banking Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland in February 2015.

After completing the online application you are given an invitation to take the situational test. If you passed this then you were required to take a numerical and logical test. I was then invited for a telephone interview around mid-January. This entailed one question on why the company and the division you applied for and then two following situational questions. By mid-Feburary I was invited to an assessment centre which involved a group exercise, role play and presentation, interview and then finally a case study. Now waiting to hear back from them.

Internal Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Completed online application and online aptitude tests and was invited for the telephone interview a few days after. Telephone interview consists of 3 sections: Why RBS, Why the programme and 3 Competency Questions that you will be asked.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were asked to do something you felt was wrong/ when you were against someones morals   Answer Question

Corporate Responsibilty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Job advertisement. Invited for curry and interview. They didn't want to take a risk on me as a Politics student even though I got good interview feedback. The process was done in an Indian restaurant and you were given a meal (which was good) but the open environment for conducting interview was intimidating, you knew other candidates were listening to you. Trying to do more on corporate responsibility but not enough. Good business prizes diversity of thought in the long run.

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Group exercise involving a trading game and a dice. An individual presentation from a large set of given information. Finally, a set of two interviews one to one. The group exercise can be intense but it wasn't a relevant simulation of what trading really is like, trading isn't something done in a group and because of this it can result in a lot of confusion between the group members and you have to react instantly without having enough time to discuss hence not very effective.

Graduate Risk Analyst Interview

Having completed the online application I was invited to sit 3 online tests: situational, numerical and logical reasoning tests. After I have passed the test I was invited for a telephone interview. Telephone interview took 45 mins and the next day they have told me that I passed the benchmark. However with RBS passing a telephone interview does not guarantee AC, so i still waiting to hear back from them about that.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were as expected with first part of the interview focussing on my motivation to join RBS and that particular division. The second part involved two competency based questions: Tell me about a time you helped someone overcome their fear and reach their potential and tell me about the time when you showed your integrity. Both questions involved further subquestions.   Answer Question