Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

After you successfully complete the verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning tests, you are invited to the telephone interview. It takes around 30-40 minutes and it includes questions on your motivation and competency based questions. The main difficulty is that the interviewer types your answers and you have to answer the question and then wait until he finishes typing, so you feel like you are talking to yourself and not to another person. If you succeed at this stage, you are invited to the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• How did you help someone outside the university? How you felt about it?
      What challenges does the bank face, NOT related to the programme you are applying to?
      Why are you applying for this particular role and how does it match your careers aspirations?

Graduate Conduct and Regulations Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England).

Interview

First the online application, then a situational judgement test, a verbal reasoning test, a numerical test and a logical reasoning test. Then after these stages a telephone interview. If you pass the telephone interview they consider you for assessment centre (not everyone is given a place) then you go to assessment centre. We had to do a group discussion, interview, presentation and written task. Was told of my job offer the next day over the telephone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you dealt with a change and what you would do differently in hindsight?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

One pretty elaborate technical round which was a telephonic round followed by a F2F manager round. Then the HR round where the salary negotiation part happened. The entire process completed in a few days and the offer was related in less than a weeks' time.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me One Thing You Would Change About Your Last Job   Answer Question

Customer Services Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England).

Interview

After applying via sending my CV. I was contacted via email about a schedules telephone interview. This followed a week later. The telephone interview lasted roughly 30-40 minutes. Competency questions linking to experience, team work, using initiative questions. Was pretty simple successfully passed that stage was scheduled next for a face to face interview. Could have been far more prepared standard type questions. Why rbs?

Interview Questions

• why rbs?
      Why customer service?
      what makes you stand out from other?
      what do you know about the company?

Validation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

I applied for a junior data validation role. The overall experience was quite pleasant. I went through two round interviews.
    The second interview with the Project manager was quite technical, I was asked a lot about Basel 2 and other technical skills. Very few things about soft skills.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Online Application then after few days go an e.mail to do the online tests (Verbal and numerical tests). Then proceeded to the Telephone Interview. Telephone interview is not doe directly by the RBS. Its is some other Agency, they may have very less knowledge about the Industry and the role your are applying for. Therefore make sure you speak very fluently with them.
    and few weeks after Assessment Centre.
    AC has 4 stages. One group work, Presentation, Face to Face interview and a small task such as to write a e.mail in a professional manner.

Financial Crime Intelligence & Investigations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process took around 1 hour, first some basic competency questions. Then a writing test. The manager is really very nice. Even if I am not successful. She gave me some very useful feedback. RBS is definitely a company that is worth fighting for. One of the most important reasons is that you will have very nice and responsible colleagues to work with.

Interview Questions

• Show a time that you were disagree with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Finance Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2015.

Interview

1st: online application
    2nd: online tests (RBS uses tests of talent Q which I personally think is the most difficult one)
    3rd: Telephone interview ( easy part)
    4th: Assessment Centre ( four exercises)

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview: Basic competency questions.
      e.g. why RBS? /why finance? /why internship program?what challenges is rbs facing with currently/a time you had to miss deadline/ a time you had different perspective from your teammates/ cases about leadership...

AC: one group discussion about releasing a mobile app, one presentation, one individual interview ( also competency based questions), one case study (written tasks)

Risk Assessment, Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland (London, England).

Interview

Applied online and a couple of weeks later I received a call from the recruiter to arrange first round interview with the hiring manager. I had three rounds of interview, including one with the overall business head. All interviews lasted about 45 mins each and were all competency based.

After three rounds of interview, I was waiting up to four weeks for feedback and during that time I chased to the point of frustration. It was just an overall disappointing experience and due to a change in personal circumstances I withdrew my interest in the role and lost interest in RBS.

Commercial Banking Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Royal Bank of Scotland.

Interview

Applied online. Had to do three tests.. situational judgement, numerical and logical reasoning. Had the the Telephone interview after a week. overall it was not a bad experience. the interview lasted around 40 minutes and

Interview Questions

• A few motivational questions.. why rbs? what do you know about this division? why this programme?Two competency questions ..Tell me about a time when you helped someone achieve their goals. There were a lot of follow up questions
      Describe a situation when you challenged something that was not compatible with your principles.