Ryan, LLC

Updated 20 Feb 2015
Updated 20 Feb 2015

2.7

Specialist, Client Services Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

The interview occurred in one day - one group interview including Principal, Manager, and Director. It lasted for 45 minutes, but was scheduled for one hour and a half. The Principal gave an overview of the company, the reason for the position, and the general expectations of the role of a Client Services Specialist. They advised they would make a decision very rapidly. I received feedback about an offer within several days.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

The interview process was straightforward and fairly easy.

1) HR screen

They ask a few questions to check experience, coursework (if you dont have a degree in accounting they will verfiy your college hours. You need a combination of housrs in finance and accounting).

Make sure you understand why you want the position or carrer in tax consulting. They will ask.

Also do research, especially MyRyan. HR's crown jewel, definitely bring this up in a positive light during the screening. Almost gurantees a second interview, MyRyan is the cornerstone of Ryan's culture.

2) Meet with managers and Principal

Really easy interview, more of a discussion. Just be honest and be yourself, they are checking for fit. The job itself is not difficult, they want to make sure you fit the team and understand what the job requires.

The meeting witb the Principal is purely for show and really a waste of time. Just dont come across as a complete idiot and you'll be fine.

3) Not sure.

I spoke to HR, mentioned I was negotiating an offer with a different company. She asked what the offer looked like, when i told her she said there was no way Ryan would match that.

I emailed HR with my intent to accept another offer and havent heard back.

All the people I interracted wiTh at Ryan were professional, humble, and friendly. Maybe it varies by team, but I think most would be fortunate to work for a company like this.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Applied online and received a prompt response for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received an offer to come visit the office which was a great experience. I met with a total of 4 people, (1 director, 2 managers, and 1 team lead). It was a wonderful experience! Afterwards, I had a phone call with a principal which lasted about 15 minutes and was given an offer about 2 weeks after. The process lasted approx 1 month.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many difficulties, mainly probed your interest to see if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question
    None

Commercial Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2014.

Applied on my University's recruiting website, however, they did recruit at the University career fair as well, so I'm sure you could get an interview either way. I signed up for an interview slot for the on University career portal and the overall process was very laid back and mostly conversational. An alumnus from my University interviewed me and another associate joined as well.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all questions were related to resume or experience with some fit questions too.   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2014.

I was phone screened by a male recruiter in Dallas for an administrative job in their Atlanta office. I was given software tests to complete online and was invited in to interview about 7 days later. The interview was arranged by someone else in their Dallas office and she was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • I felt like I was invited in to be belittled and the interviewer kept making negative comments about my test scores and my history. All I did was turn each comment into a positive one and defend myself. Needless to say I asked to be taken out of the running. Glad he showed his true colors in the interview but it was good practice.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2014.

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC.

I was contacted by HR after they received my application and referral. I had an initial interview a few weeks later with under management and staff. A few more weeks went by and I had another interview with upper management. It took a couple months overall. The phone conversations with HR were really magnetic and they worked around my current employment schedule. I had to take a sizeable pay cut to begin here.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell people they are wrong even if it's hard?   View Answer
    Over the phone, one call.

Senior Consultant Interview

Great interview process. You interview with the team, manager and principal.

Property Tax Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Walked through my resume, asked why real estate, talked about the company and the position. Was basically a very long conversation more than an interview. Weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2014.

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question