Ryan, LLC

51 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2014.

Interview Details I was phone screened by a male recruiter in Dallas for an administrative job in their Atlanta office. I was given software tests to complete online and was invited in to interview about 7 days later. The interview was arranged by someone else in their Dallas office and she was quite pleasant.

Interview Question – I felt like I was invited in to be belittled and the interviewer kept making negative comments about my test scores and my history. All I did was turn each comment into a positive one and defend myself. Needless to say I asked to be taken out of the running. Glad he showed his true colors in the interview but it was good practice.   Answer Question

Sales and Use Tax Consultant Interview

Sales and Use Tax Consultant
Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Interview Details Campus interview first round. Second interview at headquarters. Several short interviews, mostly behavioral type questions. Very relaxed culture, I work with great people and enjoy working here. Interviews seemed to be conversational. Great place to work. Good incentives to work harder and move up the ladder. You must be able to perform duties and provide results without having to be baby sat.

Data Extraction Consultant Interview

Data Extraction Consultant
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details Had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with hiring manager. Then got called in for the final interview with co-workers and manager. Took 2 months before a decision was made.

Interview Question – Do you love data?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, I wasn't and I would not recommend trying.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2014.

Interview Details Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Interview Question – What are your biggest flaws?   Answer Question

Property Tax Intern Interview

Property Tax Intern

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2014.

Interview Question – Walked through my resume, asked why real estate, talked about the company and the position. Was basically a very long conversation more than an interview. Weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2010.

Interview Details Initial conversation with a manager in HR. Interviews for interns led by consultants for initial round and then senior management for office visit. Similar to a super day except not nearly as exhaustive.

Interview Question – No business case, not really a technical interview either. There is a fairly simple quiz to test basic math and thought process. Mostly fit above all else.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details I was contacted by HR after they received my application and referral. I had an initial interview a few weeks later with under management and staff. A few more weeks went by and I had another interview with upper management. It took a couple months overall. The phone conversations with HR were really magnetic and they worked around my current employment schedule. I had to take a sizeable pay cut to begin here.

Interview Question – Can you tell people they are wrong even if it's hard?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Over the phone, one call.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Ryan, LLC

Interview Details Great interview process. You interview with the team, manager and principal.

Tax Intern Interview

Tax Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2014.

Interview Details The whole process was facilitated by my school.The interview was laid-back- the interviewer had a set of questions that s/he had to ask, and simply jotted down some notes as we went down the list of questions. They were mainly stock questions about teamwork, leadership, strengths and weaknesses, and problem solving. Very similar to "tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Question – In what situation did you solve a problem using a technical/analytical skill?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?
When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!