Ryan, LLC

Getting the Interview

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in April 2014.

Interview Details Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Interview Question – What are your biggest flaws?   Answer Question

Property Tax Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2014.

Interview Question – Walked through my resume, asked why real estate, talked about the company and the position. Was basically a very long conversation more than an interview. Weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2010.

Interview Details Initial conversation with a manager in HR. Interviews for interns led by consultants for initial round and then senior management for office visit. Similar to a super day except not nearly as exhaustive.

Interview Question – No business case, not really a technical interview either. There is a fairly simple quiz to test basic math and thought process. Mostly fit above all else.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details I was contacted by HR after they received my application and referral. I had an initial interview a few weeks later with under management and staff. A few more weeks went by and I had another interview with upper management. It took a couple months overall. The phone conversations with HR were really magnetic and they worked around my current employment schedule. I had to take a sizeable pay cut to begin here.

Interview Question – Can you tell people they are wrong even if it's hard?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Over the phone, one call.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

Interviewed at Ryan, LLC

Interview Details Great interview process. You interview with the team, manager and principal.

Tax Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2014.

Interview Details The whole process was facilitated by my school.The interview was laid-back- the interviewer had a set of questions that s/he had to ask, and simply jotted down some notes as we went down the list of questions. They were mainly stock questions about teamwork, leadership, strengths and weaknesses, and problem solving. Very similar to "tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Question – In what situation did you solve a problem using a technical/analytical skill?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?
When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Senior Associate Consultant
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Question – What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details OCR. Asked about what classes I've taken. What did I know about real estate valuation and property taxes. Not too technical, mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when:
  You failed
  Were entrepreneurial
  Three strengths and weaknesses
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No intern salary negotiation.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details I applied via my university's job search site. Initial interview was on campus and was relatively easy. Mostly asked just fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. At least a month later, I got a call from a recruiter asking if I would rather interview in Houston or Dallas. I chose Houston, and they flew me there. I had 3 interviews in their office that morning, 2 with Sales & Use Tax and one with property tax. They extended me an offer about a month later.

Interview Question – Why not Big 4?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating. Was able to negotiate start date, though.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ryan, LLC

Worked for Ryan, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

Ryan, LLC Videos

Ryan, LLC – Why Work for Us?

Ryan has won over 100 workplace excellence awards during the last four years, including numerous city, state, and national workplace excellence recognitions, as well as highly selective international awards and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ryan, LLC interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Ryan, LLC employees and interview candidates.