Ryan, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Great interview process. You interview with the team, manager and principal.

Property Tax Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in March 2014.

Interview

Emailed cover letter to manager and was asked to come in for an office interview. First interview was with a manager and a director. Second was a phone interview with principal. Both easy interviews, going through my resume and experience.

Interview Questions

• Walked through my resume, asked why real estate, talked about the company and the position. Was basically a very long conversation more than an interview. Weren't any tough questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter about two weeks later, we set up an interview date about three days later. I filled out some brief information before the interview date. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 30 minutes, then with the principal and director for another hour. The interview was very relaxed and nothing to unusual or difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and plans during your time consulting. There were a few questions about what I wanted to do as far as my career path and I find some of these questions to be difficult since you don't want to be too forward or aggressive during the interview process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I met the Ryan recruiters at a career expo and they were very friendly and helpful. After submitting my resume they scheduled a phone interview which took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a team member and what did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied via my university's job search site. Initial interview was on campus and was relatively easy. Mostly asked just fit and behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. At least a month later, I got a call from a recruiter asking if I would rather interview in Houston or Dallas. I chose Houston, and they flew me there. I had 3 interviews in their office that morning, 2 with Sales & Use Tax and one with property tax. They extended me an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiating. Was able to negotiate start date, though.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The whole process was facilitated by my school.The interview was laid-back- the interviewer had a set of questions that s/he had to ask, and simply jotted down some notes as we went down the list of questions. They were mainly stock questions about teamwork, leadership, strengths and weaknesses, and problem solving. Very similar to "tell me about a time when you..."

Interview Questions

• In what situation did you solve a problem using a technical/analytical skill?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Ryan acquired Property Tax Services from Thomson Reuters; I was part of the acquisition

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone call or on campus interview. Call back and set up in office interview. Usually interview with three management level employees, sometimes interview with consultants and senior consultants. Consultants take you out for a nice dinner the night before your interview or for a lunch the day of your interview. You take a couple tests.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ryan, LLC (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair, which was then turned into HR. They called me and had a 30 minute phone interview and asked questions such as why I was interested in Ryan and why I was a good fit. They also left half of the interview for questions. At the end of the phone call they asked if I was interested in a group dinner and an office visit. I also had to take an online survey to see if I would fit into their culture. During the dinner, you meet up with current employees and other prospects. You split off into tables and eat. Then it is a night. Office visit was the following day and you tour the office, speak to employees, and sit through a presentation given by a principal. Then you have 3 interviews; one with a senior, principal, and manager. The interviews mainly consist of questions that you have for them. So prepare a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?
      When was a time you finished a task late and what did you do?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate with the internship position.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ryan, LLC in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to setup a phone interview and also to fill out a personality test. The test was fairly standard and consisted of several questions where I had to rank 10 random situations in the order of best to worst. It then took about one week until I was called in to interview with a Director and a Senior Consultant. It took another week or two to be contacted again and called in to meet with another Director and a Principal, where the Director used the results of my personality tests to ask me questions. All of the questions they asked were mostly behavioral and since this was for an entry level position I think they mostly want to see if you align well with their standards.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any questions truly difficult or unexpected, but be prepared to answer questions about the personality test in a positive light. Since no one is perfect I believe they want to see how you respond to picking out your faults.   Answer Question