Ryan, LLC

48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in September 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed on campus. The interview consisted of behavioral questions. Many were asked in a condescending and uninterested way. I was told that I would be hearing back in 6-8 weeks. Three months later, I have not been contacted. I also spoke to many other interviewees who have not heard back.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2012.

Interview Details Round one interview was on campus. Had a great interviewer, asked behavioral questions. Round two interview was at the office. There was two rounds. They were more conversational then any questions. I guess they were more figuring out your personality and whether you would mesh with existing employees.

Interview Question – explaina time you had to work with an bad boss? What made you determine they were bad?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details I first started with a phone interview with just basic behavioral questions. After that, they proceeded to explain the benefits of Ryan that moved towards an invitation to an office visit. From the office visit, I met with two principals. The interviews were mostly behavioral but were also geared towards seeing how i would fit in their culture as well as testing to see how certain I felt I was the right fit.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a time that there was a process that was not working or was inefficient and explain how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process is pretty standard for this industry. You have job interviews with 3 - 5 people at various levels. The unique aspect is the firm has you take a test which can be described as part math and part personality. I have had people fail this test who I wnated to hire so don't take it lightly.

Interview Question – There are long division questions on the test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple for me because they recruited me and I knew people.

Manager Interview

Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in November 2008.

Interview Details The recruiting team was very welcoming and enthusiastic about the firm and that enthusiasm was contagious. While the recruitment process from beginning to end was lengthy, the recruiter and hiring authority maintained regular contact to keep me interested in the company and the role for which I applied.

Interview Question – What do you see as your greatest strength and greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – While the salary was not originally what I had expected, the recruiting team and hiring authority did a good job in highlighting the many benefits of the work environment and culture.

General Campus Recruiting Interview

Athens, GA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details One on one with manager + position interviewer. Figured they want to see how if you are comfortable with people in higher position. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – what's your weakness?   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in January 2012.

Interview Details Once one has applied for a position a series of personality and mathematical tests are taken. After those tests are completed, a phone interview is scheduled. If everything is in order to this point, a sit down interview is scheduled. If everything is still in order an offer is submitted to the applying party.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me personally was, "Why tax?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since it was my first full-time job, I did not negotiate.

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax Interview

Consultant, Sales and Use Tax
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in May 2011.

Interview Details There is a personality test and phone inteview followed by an interview with a manager, consultant, and then a principal. I though the interview process was very professional and thorough.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked related to specific examples of situations where I worked in a team environment and how I dealt with other team members.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ryan, LLC.

Interview Details A phone interview is conducted, meet with hiring manager. I was hired very quickly and had the best conversation with my reporting manager. Everyone at Ryan makes you feel welcome; the evironment is always professional.

Interview Question – If hired besides the normal duties that accompany your position, what unique quality would you bring to this company if hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was extremely pleased with the package that was offered to me. Ryan is very competitive and the package met all of my needs. There was no need to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ryan, LLC in February 2010.

Interview Details The Hiring and Interview Process is a bit complex and can take several months so please have patience, it's worth the wait.

Personality/Skill Test: Ryan uses a customized test to gauge the likelihood of an applicants success within the Firm. No doubt many companies use similar tests. By "customized" I mean that Ryan has collected thousands of these test from employees over the years. With so many on file, Ryan is able to build a model profile of the ideal Ryan employee. The intent is to maximize return on investment by minimizing turn-over and employing individuals who are likely to produce results.

Interviews: Typically the interview process involves 3 conversations. First, with recruiter assigned to the geographic location for the position you are applying or the practice area. The recruiter will typically be the one who also gives the official offer when the time comes. Second, an interview with the team that you will be working with. Often over lunch. This gives the whole team a chance to get to know you and see how you fit within their group dynamic. Third, an interview with the Principal/Partner that your team reports to.

This may be modified slightly if you are introduced to the Firm as a referral. Please feel free to reach out to Ryan employees. Don't be shy about your interest to work for Ryan. But be patient.

Interview Question – The questions were not that difficult or unexpected, there were two that I had to think about for a moment:
1. What position do you think you deserve to start at? Asked during the initial interview with the recruiter.
2. There's a mall we can eat at or a Cheesecake Factory, what would you prefer? Asked during the Team interview. My first inclination was to say the mall recognizing that they were paying and I didn't want to incur a large bill, but I chose the Cheesecake Factory thinking about the importance of client service and professionalism.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Reasonable. The salary of the first offer was lower than I could accept given student loans and costs of raising a family. I respectfully asked for an additional amount and received it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ryan, LLC