S&P Capital IQ
S&P Capital IQ Database Developer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Research Associate (48)
- Software Engineer (25)
- Business Analyst (20)
- Product Consultant (13)
- Client Development Analyst (13)
- Tech QA (6)
- Technology Quality Analyst (6)
- Junior Research Associate (6)
- Analyst (5)
- Intern (5)
- Database Developer (4)
- Database Engineer (4)
- JRA (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Senior Research Associate (2)
- Quality Analyst (2)
- Database Administrator (2)
- Database Engineer Intern (2)
- TQA (2)
- Client Development (2)
- Global Product Development (Client Services/Account Manager) (1)
- Database Analyst (1)
- Consultant (1)
- Reaseach Associate (1)
- Software Deceloper (1)
- Contract/Freelance Designer (1)
- Associate Financial Modeling Group (1)
- Software Engineer Summer Intern (1)
- Summer Software Developer Intern (1)
- Financial Research Analyst - China (1)
Database Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
The process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2012.
Interview Details I submitted my resume on our University job Postings and received a call for a telephonic interview after 2 weeks. Telephonic interview was for about 30 to 40 minutes. He asked me about myself, my past experience and some Database questions (about Indexes). Then within a week I was called onsite for 1:1 interviews. There where 3, 1 hour technical interviews. They told me to design some databases on white board and write some queries. All the 3 interviews went well. I got a call from HR next day morning, that I was offered the position.
Interview Question – Design a database...Will you use index, on what columns, why? Write queries ()complex queries with 'exists' and 'non exists' clause. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – No. There was no HR interview.
Database Developer Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2012.
Interview Details Finish paper test first. Then talk with the interviewee about the questions on the paper.
There are five questions:
invert a linked list
find a common parent of two nodes in the tree
Database Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.
Interview Details The process was fine, seems like a great company. 3 interviews back to back with lunch in between. Young people, asked reasonable questions, and were nice about it.
Interview Question – Create a sample database (table structure) of a basic version of imdb.com. Find the total sum of money that movies made with Mel Gibson as an actor that were released during the third week of February. Answer Question
Database Developer Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2009.
Interview Details interview began with a Test on the database field. there were 3 questions
1. data modelling for a contacts database.
2. writing up few select queries.
3. writing a piece of code for a search problem.
time given was 30 min. after which the person came in and asked the logic and reasoning behind solutions. post that was a small discussion on the resume. whole process lasted an hour and few minutes.
- Draw er digg. for a contact list. where in it needs to store contact info of clients, professionals & organisations. in addition they need to store extra infromtion pertaining to a organisation View Answer
- basic select queries inclusive of joins, 5 tables provided and 5 select questions asked. Answer Question
- write a code to compare a ambigram. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ