S&P Capital IQ

Average Difficulty
217 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Following an online application that I submitted on Sunday evening (2am!) I received an email on Monday morning inviting me for a telephone interview on Tuesday morning.

The interview lasted exactly 25 minutes and covered the company itself and put great emphasis on my CV. The CV related questions were many! Basically, all misunderstandings were covered in a very professional manner. There were a couple of ice-breaking questions to release the tension but other than that everything was very professional. The interviewer was amazing, very thoughtful and nice in general.

Interview questions included:
Tell me more about the company
Tell me more about the position you are applying for
What makes you the best candidate
What did you do in this experience... ?

Hope that helps!

Interview Question – Generally in depth questions about the CV   Answer Question

S&P Capital IQ - Product Consultant Interview

S&P Capital IQ - Product Consultant
London, England

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2013.

Interview Details I am absolutely disgusted by the outcome of my interview process. I have been interviewed by many top firms and never felt the need to write a review! I have been through 2 phone interviews (1st with a guy based somewhere in US that interviewed me for 15 minutes and the 2nd with a lovely manager); I have then met two very nice employees during the first round and three in the final round. But they were all females! Is this role just for women? If so please state it maybe on the job description! During my research on LinkedIn I have seen that almost 90% of the current S&P Product Consultants were all women (but I did not really think it could be an issue in 2013). Then during my final round I have met the hiring manager. She was so serious and negative looking. I had to play with my NLP skills and smile in order to get at least a half second smile back from her. I might have not been the right candidate but telling me that I did not get the job because I did bad in the finance test compared to others candidates, it is just laughable (I mean, I passed the test in order to progress to the second stage!). I was really passionate about the role and happy to downgrade to a relatively lower pay (compared to my previous employers). I will definitely learn from this interview experience.

Interview Question – A very unexpected personal question which I had to answer mentioning my family...   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Had a telephone interview last week. The interviewer was nice and straight to the point.

Questions:
why capital iq
why this industry
why this role
what do you know about the company
CV related questions

Interview Question – why are you different from other candidates   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2013.

Interview Details - online application
- phone interview
- feedback was very quick, received invitation to face to face interview the 2 days after the phone interview
- combined round of 4 interviews and knowledge test

Interview Question – Mostly about team work, how to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Global Product Development (Client Services/Account Manager) Interview

Global Product Development (Client Services/Account Manager)
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

Interview Details After applying by email, I received an invitation for a phone interview in the following week which was mainly based on my knowledge of the role I applied for, interests in the company and some CV details.

The following and final step was set in Canary Wharf for a series of four interviews and a Knowledge test (with the purpose of checking your financial knowledge and written skills).
The interviewers (members of the Client services team) were extremely kind and quite informal (except for one of them). Questions were focused on my motivation for the role and "Why Capital IQ?", few simple questions on financial world and my academic background.
One interviewer asked me about my personal interests and a general question on scheduling priorities in Customer Care Service.
The Knowledge test (1 h.) was composed of 4 questions:
1) 300 words: Why you? Why this role?; 2) Business Article: do a summary (200 words); 3) Business Article: briefly answer to 6 very EASY questions; 4) 6-7 Multiple choice questions: mainly on Accounting voices of balance sheet + 1 easy numerical question (no calculator).

The impression of the team was amazing: kind, friendly and business-focused people who wants to build up relationships in the division, besides ordinary work duties.
I'm pretty disappointed by rejection, I did my best but I respect their choice.

Interview Questions

Client Development Analyst Interview

Client Development Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2011.

Interview Details They sent me an email in response to my on-line application. We set up a first 15minutes phone interview. I found out on this website the most common questions they ask, and... they did ask me those questions (what do you now about CapitalIQ, who are our main competitors, what are your strenghts and weaknesses). The phone call lasted exactly 15 minutes and 3 seconds.

After this they contacted me 7 days later via email to set up a second phone interview. They called me 5 days after that for another 15mins interview, not too different from the previous one, but with more focus on my CV (the most difficult question for me was "Don't you feel you've wasted time doing a postgraduate, since you already had a good degree?" My answer along the lines of "it was more multidisciplinary, there were further challenges, i could prove myself to a higher standard" didnt seem to impress the lady) After exactly 15 mins she thanked me and said she'll be in touch.

I got a very brief email saying "thanks but no thanks" 2 days later. I tried to reply asking for feedback, but got nothing in return.

Interview Question – Don't you think doing a postgraduate was a waste of time?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Interview

Financial Sales
London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2010.

Interview Details I applied online, got the phone call from HR, who asked me basic questions about the company, why do I want this job, why sales. Also I was asked what other languages can I speak. Interview took about 10 min. As a have an academic background and experience of lecturing the interviewer was wondering why I want to apply for a job in sales.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in sales?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
City of London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2009.

Interview Details Simple question not like those "boring" questions that some companies ask...
questions include:
what modules did you like at university?
what modules you disliked?
background?
culture?
job experience?

Interview Question – how did you adapt to the british culture?   Answer Question

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2010.

Interview Details Multiple rounds of interviews, first a written test to test basic aptitude and verbal skills. Then a couple of technical rounds of interviews to gauge out of the box thinking and testing aptitude. Final interview is more of a team, culture fit interview.

Interview Question – Coalesce implementation   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details Do keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.

Interview Question – Do keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.   Answer Question

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!