S&P Capital IQ

Getting the Interview

197 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Following an online application that I submitted on Sunday evening (2am!) I received an email on Monday morning inviting me for a telephone interview on Tuesday morning.

The interview lasted exactly 25 minutes and covered the company itself and put great emphasis on my CV. The CV related questions were many! Basically, all misunderstandings were covered in a very professional manner. There were a couple of ice-breaking questions to release the tension but other than that everything was very professional. The interviewer was amazing, very thoughtful and nice in general.

Interview questions included:
Tell me more about the company
Tell me more about the position you are applying for
What makes you the best candidate
What did you do in this experience... ?

Hope that helps!

Interview Question – Generally in depth questions about the CV   Answer Question

S&P Capital IQ - Product Consultant Interview

London, England

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2013.

Interview Details I am absolutely disgusted by the outcome of my interview process. I have been interviewed by many top firms and never felt the need to write a review! I have been through 2 phone interviews (1st with a guy based somewhere in US that interviewed me for 15 minutes and the 2nd with a lovely manager); I have then met two very nice employees during the first round and three in the final round. But they were all females! Is this role just for women? If so please state it maybe on the job description! During my research on LinkedIn I have seen that almost 90% of the current S&P Product Consultants were all women (but I did not really think it could be an issue in 2013). Then during my final round I have met the hiring manager. She was so serious and negative looking. I had to play with my NLP skills and smile in order to get at least a half second smile back from her. I might have not been the right candidate but telling me that I did not get the job because I did bad in the finance test compared to others candidates, it is just laughable (I mean, I passed the test in order to progress to the second stage!). I was really passionate about the role and happy to downgrade to a relatively lower pay (compared to my previous employers). I will definitely learn from this interview experience.

Interview Question – A very unexpected personal question which I had to answer mentioning my family...   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Had a telephone interview last week. The interviewer was nice and straight to the point.

Questions:
why capital iq
why this industry
why this role
what do you know about the company
CV related questions

Interview Question – why are you different from other candidates   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2013.

Interview Details - online application
- phone interview
- feedback was very quick, received invitation to face to face interview the 2 days after the phone interview
- combined round of 4 interviews and knowledge test

Interview Question – Mostly about team work, how to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Global Product Development (Client Services/Account Manager) Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

Interview Details After applying by email, I received an invitation for a phone interview in the following week which was mainly based on my knowledge of the role I applied for, interests in the company and some CV details.

The following and final step was set in Canary Wharf for a series of four interviews and a Knowledge test (with the purpose of checking your financial knowledge and written skills).
The interviewers (members of the Client services team) were extremely kind and quite informal (except for one of them). Questions were focused on my motivation for the role and "Why Capital IQ?", few simple questions on financial world and my academic background.
One interviewer asked me about my personal interests and a general question on scheduling priorities in Customer Care Service.
The Knowledge test (1 h.) was composed of 4 questions:
1) 300 words: Why you? Why this role?; 2) Business Article: do a summary (200 words); 3) Business Article: briefly answer to 6 very EASY questions; 4) 6-7 Multiple choice questions: mainly on Accounting voices of balance sheet + 1 easy numerical question (no calculator).

The impression of the team was amazing: kind, friendly and business-focused people who wants to build up relationships in the division, besides ordinary work duties.
I'm pretty disappointed by rejection, I did my best but I respect their choice.

Interview Questions

Client Development Analyst Interview

Client Development Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2011.

Interview Details They sent me an email in response to my on-line application. We set up a first 15minutes phone interview. I found out on this website the most common questions they ask, and... they did ask me those questions (what do you now about CapitalIQ, who are our main competitors, what are your strenghts and weaknesses). The phone call lasted exactly 15 minutes and 3 seconds.

After this they contacted me 7 days later via email to set up a second phone interview. They called me 5 days after that for another 15mins interview, not too different from the previous one, but with more focus on my CV (the most difficult question for me was "Don't you feel you've wasted time doing a postgraduate, since you already had a good degree?" My answer along the lines of "it was more multidisciplinary, there were further challenges, i could prove myself to a higher standard" didnt seem to impress the lady) After exactly 15 mins she thanked me and said she'll be in touch.

I got a very brief email saying "thanks but no thanks" 2 days later. I tried to reply asking for feedback, but got nothing in return.

Interview Question – Don't you think doing a postgraduate was a waste of time?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2010.

Interview Details I applied online, got the phone call from HR, who asked me basic questions about the company, why do I want this job, why sales. Also I was asked what other languages can I speak. Interview took about 10 min. As a have an academic background and experience of lecturing the interviewer was wondering why I want to apply for a job in sales.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in sales?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Research Associate Interview

City of London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2009.

Interview Details Simple question not like those "boring" questions that some companies ask...
questions include:
what modules did you like at university?
what modules you disliked?
background?
culture?
job experience?

Interview Question – how did you adapt to the british culture?   Answer Question

Summer Software Developer Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

Interview Details The application was online and it took about about 6 months before I got an email to schedule a telephonic interview. Because it took so long, I had actually forgotten I had applied to this position. The manager who called me was a great conversationalist and asked great questions but was not knowledgeable about programming subjects.

Interview Question – What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
Explain in detail the process of software development.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Summer Intern Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details I was called for interview after selected from my college's job portal. Interview was for 30 mins before which there was a technical test for 30 min, containing algorithm and data structures related questions. RIght after the test was the interview. The interview questions were not related to my performance in the test, but was told that in the second round I would be asked questions on my test performance.

Interview Question – It was pretty easy interview. Included both behavioral and technical questions.
Behavioral:
>what do u want to be 5 years from now. Then 10 years from now.
>what do u like the most about programming or being software engineer
Technical: gave me a technical scenario and judged my approach- theres a huge stream of stocks info coming, that has company name and stock value. how wud u design to store that data, so that lookup of stock is value is fast? how wud u implement caching policy?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ interview questions and advice. All 197 interview reviews are posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.