S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Following an online application that I submitted on Sunday evening (2am!) I received an email on Monday morning inviting me for a telephone interview on Tuesday morning.

The interview lasted exactly 25 minutes and covered the company itself and put great emphasis on my CV. The CV related questions were many! Basically, all misunderstandings were covered in a very professional manner. There were a couple of ice-breaking questions to release the tension but other than that everything was very professional. The interviewer was amazing, very thoughtful and nice in general.

Interview questions included:
    Tell me more about the company
    Tell me more about the position you are applying for
    What makes you the best candidate
    What did you do in this experience... ?

Hope that helps!

S&P Capital IQ - Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2013.

I am absolutely disgusted by the outcome of my interview process. I have been interviewed by many top firms and never felt the need to write a review! I have been through 2 phone interviews (1st with a guy based somewhere in US that interviewed me for 15 minutes and the 2nd with a lovely manager); I have then met two very nice employees during the first round and three in the final round. But they were all females! Is this role just for women? If so please state it maybe on the job description! During my research on LinkedIn I have seen that almost 90% of the current S&P Product Consultants were all women (but I did not really think it could be an issue in 2013). Then during my final round I have met the hiring manager. She was so serious and negative looking. I had to play with my NLP skills and smile in order to get at least a half second smile back from her. I might have not been the right candidate but telling me that I did not get the job because I did bad in the finance test compared to others candidates, it is just laughable (I mean, I passed the test in order to progress to the second stage!). I was really passionate about the role and happy to downgrade to a relatively lower pay (compared to my previous employers). I will definitely learn from this interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • A very unexpected personal question which I had to answer mentioning my family...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Had a telephone interview last week. The interviewer was nice and straight to the point.

Questions:
    why capital iq
    why this industry
    why this role
    what do you know about the company
    CV related questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2013.

- online application
    - phone interview
    - feedback was very quick, received invitation to face to face interview the 2 days after the phone interview
    - combined round of 4 interviews and knowledge test

Interview Questions
    • Mostly about team work, how to deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Global Product Development (Client Services/Account Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

After applying by email, I received an invitation for a phone interview in the following week which was mainly based on my knowledge of the role I applied for, interests in the company and some CV details.

The following and final step was set in Canary Wharf for a series of four interviews and a Knowledge test (with the purpose of checking your financial knowledge and written skills).
    The interviewers (members of the Client services team) were extremely kind and quite informal (except for one of them). Questions were focused on my motivation for the role and "Why Capital IQ?", few simple questions on financial world and my academic background.
    One interviewer asked me about my personal interests and a general question on scheduling priorities in Customer Care Service.
    The Knowledge test (1 h.) was composed of 4 questions:
    1) 300 words: Why you? Why this role?; 2) Business Article: do a summary (200 words); 3) Business Article: briefly answer to 6 very EASY questions; 4) 6-7 Multiple choice questions: mainly on Accounting voices of balance sheet + 1 easy numerical question (no calculator).

The impression of the team was amazing: kind, friendly and business-focused people who wants to build up relationships in the division, besides ordinary work duties.
    I'm pretty disappointed by rejection, I did my best but I respect their choice.

Client Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2011.

They sent me an email in response to my on-line application. We set up a first 15minutes phone interview. I found out on this website the most common questions they ask, and... they did ask me those questions (what do you now about CapitalIQ, who are our main competitors, what are your strenghts and weaknesses). The phone call lasted exactly 15 minutes and 3 seconds.

After this they contacted me 7 days later via email to set up a second phone interview. They called me 5 days after that for another 15mins interview, not too different from the previous one, but with more focus on my CV (the most difficult question for me was "Don't you feel you've wasted time doing a postgraduate, since you already had a good degree?" My answer along the lines of "it was more multidisciplinary, there were further challenges, i could prove myself to a higher standard" didnt seem to impress the lady) After exactly 15 mins she thanked me and said she'll be in touch.

I got a very brief email saying "thanks but no thanks" 2 days later. I tried to reply asking for feedback, but got nothing in return.

Interview Questions
    • Don't you think doing a postgraduate was a waste of time?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2010.

I applied online, got the phone call from HR, who asked me basic questions about the company, why do I want this job, why sales. Also I was asked what other languages can I speak. Interview took about 10 min. As a have an academic background and experience of lecturing the interviewer was wondering why I want to apply for a job in sales.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2009.

Simple question not like those "boring" questions that some companies ask...
    questions include:
    what modules did you like at university?
    what modules you disliked?
    background?
    culture?
    job experience?

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

S&P Capital IQ had come on our college campus and it was a one-day recruitment process,there were a total of 5 rounds. It started with aptitude which had three sections maths, database, coding etc. and there was sectional cutoff too and no negative marking, after that paper/pen test as i had opted for QA else for SE / DBA there was a live coding round, after that there were three rounds of interview. All this in a single day so it was pretty tiring. In the interviews just be calm and composed and give it your best shot!

Interview Questions
    • In aptitude, quants and coding was not that tough whereas database was relatively tougher so prepare for dbms questions and not only queries but theoretical stuff too !   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2014.

There are three rounds. First is the online test which is a mix of aptitude and technical and programming as well. Second and third rounds are core technical rounds focussing on DSA and DBMS. They asked all sort of joins and tuning a query. Linked Lists and Trees were there area of focus.

Interview Questions

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!