S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2013.

I had applied through the existing employee referral process but got an email for interview more than 2 months later. I had almost lost hope of getting it and the email was very sudden. The interview was scheduled just 2-3 days from the date of the email and no chance of rescheduling. The process was conducted with over 60-70 people giving a common written test with basic aptitude questions for maths and english and your profile details. After the test, they eliminated over half the strength on the basis of profile and written test. Then a single HR person was taking basic interview (non Technical) with profile based questions. Then another lengthy written test with finance questions and basic GK.
    That was it for the day, a week later a managerial interview was scheduled. That was also abruptly informed just the night before. This interview was taken by 2 members and went on for an hour. All sorts of technical & Non technical questions were asked. The final Director Round was scheduled for the next day and was also only informed on previous night. Could not appear for that due to previous commitments and the position was filled by another person

Interview Questions
    • The second Written Test had some tough finance questions.(Equits, Debt, Bankruptcy Etc)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2010.

interview process is average, and it is very good. Panel is very good and they makes us to feel comfortable. Some Questions were tough and some were easy overall the experience is good

Interview Questions
    • Given some balance sheet items and asked to do Ratio Analysis   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

i applied through college placement cell. The recruitment process was held at their Gurgaon office. First there was a very easy objective Written test, followed by a very short HR interview. Selected candidates were called for 2 technical interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

I applied via Online portal.The time was too short to solve 20 questions and write an SOP.IT would have been better if the employee had specifically given instruction for the test

Leveraged Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

One phone interview. Pleasant woman although I felt the conversation was extremely formal and she wasn't particularly interested in talking about the position which I was interested in learning more about. I was told if the company was interested I'd be called in but I wasn't. I'm wondering what knocked me off in that screening call. I don't think she like my answer to "What interests you in the position?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

A short test comprising aptitude and english, followed by a personal interview with the HR and a long test comprising aptitude, english and financial terminology. The personal interview includes questions such as ratios, difference between bonds and debentures, M&A, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process is difficult for a person not from finance background   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview process starts with an easy aptitude test (MAT level), if you clear this there is an HR round with basic finance questions (bonds, stocks, hedge funds etc.) depending upon the kind of profile applied for. After the HR round there is a core finance test and subsequently 2 more rounds of interviews.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
      - why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
      - why sales?
      - can you do a sales pitch
      - what do you do for fun
        Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

there was a written aptitude test which consisted of basic information about yourself, education and questions on logical reasoning, quantitative and english passage.
    please time yourself accordingly for the test as it is too lengthy and you would only be given 30 mins to complete it.
    also dont stress too much on questions that you're not able to solve as youl lose time.

Interview Questions
    • the unexpected thing was not asking anything specified as per the mail regarding financial terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Their process is well organized and HR is very efficient. Their 1st round is an apti followed by HR round then a subjective written test then a technical or Managers round followed by a directors round.