S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
223 interviews

3.1

Leveraged Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

One phone interview. Pleasant woman although I felt the conversation was extremely formal and she wasn't particularly interested in talking about the position which I was interested in learning more about. I was told if the company was interested I'd be called in but I wasn't. I'm wondering what knocked me off in that screening call. I don't think she like my answer to "What interests you in the position?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

A short test comprising aptitude and english, followed by a personal interview with the HR and a long test comprising aptitude, english and financial terminology. The personal interview includes questions such as ratios, difference between bonds and debentures, M&A, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The entire process is difficult for a person not from finance background   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview process starts with an easy aptitude test (MAT level), if you clear this there is an HR round with basic finance questions (bonds, stocks, hedge funds etc.) depending upon the kind of profile applied for. After the HR round there is a core finance test and subsequently 2 more rounds of interviews.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
      - why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
      - why sales?
      - can you do a sales pitch
      - what do you do for fun
        Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

there was a written aptitude test which consisted of basic information about yourself, education and questions on logical reasoning, quantitative and english passage.
    please time yourself accordingly for the test as it is too lengthy and you would only be given 30 mins to complete it.
    also dont stress too much on questions that you're not able to solve as youl lose time.

Interview Questions
    • the unexpected thing was not asking anything specified as per the mail regarding financial terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Their process is well organized and HR is very efficient. Their 1st round is an apti followed by HR round then a subjective written test then a technical or Managers round followed by a directors round.

Research Associate Interview

The process was difficult and it wasnt that easy .... there were 4 rounds.... 1st was the aptitude round... + tell me about yorself.
    Results of this aptitude was out in a day
    then there was an hr round basic hr round.... nd mergers & acquisitions , hedge funds were asked
    Then there was a technical round written on the same day ,,, that was very difficult .. it was a cat type format paper .
    Last was the technical round.....

Quantitative Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter, had a phone interview with hiring manager. Was called for an onsite interview in New York with four team members. good experience overall, everyone was really nice. Recruiter was very helpful throughout and got feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview followed my small talk and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Phone interview with HR, then 1 week later phone interview with manager.
    Then 2 weeks later interview with 5 people in office.
    Had to call them to find out status a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What was something different that you had done on the job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2010.

Hiring process is not that easy. It involves 5-6 rounds of interview here a candidate is judged on everything starting from Aptitude to the Attitude towards career progression, and towards the company. Hiring process involves One to One with the HR, followed by two written exams, and then the two rounds of interview with Operations Manager and the Group Director respectively.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult would be the aptitude test and one more written exam as it has lot of business awareness questions.   Answer Question
    This was my first job