S&P Capital IQ

Updated 15 Nov 2014
Updated 15 Nov 2014

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

Campus Placements.Consisted of three rounds.First round was aptitude.Second round was technical(Mostly related to Business Analysts and some database questions).Third round was combination of both technical and HR.Most of the questions here was based on whether you were interested to work as Business Analyst or not.(My first preference was DBA)

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

2 weeks after the application I had phone interview with an HR. Questions were about work authorization, nothing about the job. Next week I had an interview at the office one by one with the team director, VP of marketing and another team director. They were all so nice. I thought it went well. I received a really kind rejection email that the director explained that they found someone else who has a technical skill that is important for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you? What value can you bring to our team? Would you be able to adjust this company since you never had an experience at a big corporation before?   Answer Question

Software Engineer; Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2014.

3 rounds-
    1) Aptitude test (online)
    2) Technical test (online)
    3) Interview
    150 students applied thorugh college but only 30 students qualified the aptitude test. Out of these 30, 8 qualified technical test and 2 got the job offer.
    Out of those selected 8, some had a phone interview while the others had a one on one interview.

Both the tests were online.
    Aptitude test had 3 sections-
    a) Database related questions
    b) Java related questions
    c) Quantitative maths

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question- 1) How can you check whether a linked list has a continuous non ending loop?

2) Regarding internships projects
        Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

S&P capital IQ visited our college campus in august,2014 for recruitment. For us, we have one online aptitude test having 20 questions from quants. Time allotted is 20 minutes. Then, there is one subjective test of 30 min containing 6 questions related to software engineering, finding errors in UI.
    Finally,one personal interview(technical & HR) is there for selected students. In interview they ask about projects, & how you will improve it. Then they ask about types of testing & ask to write test cases. HR questions were basic and easy. Finally, I was selected for QA.

Interview Questions
    • In interview they ask to write test cases for search engines and login page.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Applied through campus placements. There were supposed to be 5 rounds. First Aptitude then Technical Aptitude and then 3 interviews. But in my case there was only one interview. The whole process got over in an hour. The first aptitude had a few questions on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning; a section on programming related MCQs and another on database related questions. It seems quite difficult but surprisingly got through. The second test had 2 sections One programming related where we could answer using logic/pseudo code/actual code/algorithm and another with database queries. Even this was difficult. Infact the Interview was pretty chilled out. General Questions based on Linked lists, queries, indexers, trees,etc. they were more interested in the approach rather than actual knowledge. In all a pretty good experience

Associate Interview

Interview Questions
    • Do keep in mind that the company reviews on all these sites are posted by individuals, including possibly disgruntled employees. So, use them as a tool to help gather more information about a company, but don't count on them as 100% accurate, because every employee's experience is different.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2014.

I applied through Campus, they had multiple rounds of selection.
    First the aptitude test which was not very tough. It consisted of 3 sections, Quants was basic and 2 other sections of Programming and Database (yes it was a technical apti).

After that for Business Analyst and Quality Analyst profile they had a pen-paper subjective test. Basic Questions on test cases and other tricky and tough questions to find out innovative answers from the candidate.

Technical Interview 1 was challenging. Some Basic Test cases and testing methods were asked and other questions which required innovative and effective approach were asked. Even quiz questions were asked to check how quick and smart can you think.

One more technical interview along with a final HR interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

I applied via Online portal.The time was too short to solve 20 questions and write an SOP.IT would have been better if the employee had specifically given instruction for the test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

i applied through college placement cell. The recruitment process was held at their Gurgaon office. First there was a very easy objective Written test, followed by a very short HR interview. Selected candidates were called for 2 technical interviews.

Research Associate Interview

Interview process starts with an easy aptitude test (MAT level), if you clear this there is an HR round with basic finance questions (bonds, stocks, hedge funds etc.) depending upon the kind of profile applied for. After the HR round there is a core finance test and subsequently 2 more rounds of interviews.