S&P Capital IQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Interview Details The first round interview was in the Toronto office, where I had two 30 minute interviews with 2 people in each interview. They were very friendly, and I felt it was more of a discussion than an interview. I then got a second round interview, which was the same format, in that I had another two 30 minute interviews with 4 more people. All these interviews were behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Question – In all interviews, they asked me to walk myself through my resume. Some other questions were:
- why should we hire you over the other qualified candidates?
- why sales?
- can you do a sales pitch
- what do you do for fun
  Answer Question

Research Associate

I applied online - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

Interview Details there was a written aptitude test which consisted of basic information about yourself, education and questions on logical reasoning, quantitative and english passage.
please time yourself accordingly for the test as it is too lengthy and you would only be given 30 mins to complete it.
also dont stress too much on questions that you're not able to solve as youl lose time.

Interview Question – the unexpected thing was not asking anything specified as per the mail regarding financial terms.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details Their process is well organized and HR is very efficient. Their 1st round is an apti followed by HR round then a subjective written test then a technical or Managers round followed by a directors round.

Interview Question – what is your favourite subject?   View Answer

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details The process was difficult and it wasnt that easy .... there were 4 rounds.... 1st was the aptitude round... + tell me about yorself.
Results of this aptitude was out in a day
then there was an hr round basic hr round.... nd mergers & acquisitions , hedge funds were asked
Then there was a technical round written on the same day ,,, that was very difficult .. it was a cat type format paper .
Last was the technical round.....

Interview Question – forward and future   Answer Question

Quantitative Consultant Interview

Quantitative Consultant
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted by recruiter, had a phone interview with hiring manager. Was called for an onsite interview in New York with four team members. good experience overall, everyone was really nice. Recruiter was very helpful throughout and got feedback.

Interview Question – Technical interview followed my small talk and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Specialist Interview

Quantitative Specialist
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview with HR, then 1 week later phone interview with manager.
Then 2 weeks later interview with 5 people in office.
Had to call them to find out status a few weeks later

Interview Question – What was something different that you had done on the job.   View Answer

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process is not that easy. It involves 5-6 rounds of interview here a candidate is judged on everything starting from Aptitude to the Attitude towards career progression, and towards the company. Hiring process involves One to One with the HR, followed by two written exams, and then the two rounds of interview with Operations Manager and the Group Director respectively.

Interview Question – Most difficult would be the aptitude test and one more written exam as it has lot of business awareness questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first job

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Interview Details Mostly OOPs concepts are asked. Unnecessary long interviews.
1) 1st round ppt
2) Written test(DB,Algo and some random sections)
3) 2nd round 1:1 interview which last for 3 hours.
4) Almost same as second round.
5) HR round.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty much OK. Some puzzles are asked which are kind of interesting if you haven't done before.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Product Consultant
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Interview Details easy written test, interview is technical - must have accounting ,financial mgt. and financial market knowledge

Reason for Declining – less salary