S&P Capital IQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
interview wasn't that gud.
question were very random.
about TCP IP from networks
he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Question – how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details Started with a basic aptitude test, a small personal interview one on one..basic questions.Next round was another test with questions on financial knowledge, gk , case studies.
then few more rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

Interview Details I gone through the written test and written test was as easy as simple test with forty questions in finance and ten questions in aptitude and ten questions in English and time given for me is one hour and i finished the test within half an hour.

Interview Question – Easy   Answer Question

Database Administrator (Release Manager) Interview

Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2014.

Interview Details Interview Process for experienced-
Step 1- Got call for interview and gone through 2 telephonic technical interview .After clearing two rounds i got call for In-Person interview.

Step-2 Gone to Gurgaon.
1) Written Test--For DBA there are four sections was mandatory.

Section 1(SQL Query)-
Based on Sql queries. There was 4 tables related with primary and foreign key. Based on that 3 questions ,you have to solve. It was of moderate level.

Section 2(Data Modeling)--Total three questions
  Que 1- To Create index to fasten the search process based on 1st section tables.
  Que 2- Null values allowed for Primary and unique key.
  Que 3- Based on ER diagram.(Simple if you have revised)

Section 3- General knowledge about system(Description Type --8 questions)
Que 1- What is eventlog
Que 2- What is Registry
Que 3- Difference between Firewall and Antivirus
Que 4- What is utf-8
Que 5- What is difference between 32bit and 64 bit computer
Que 6-Hot to install software on Linux
Que 7- Based on Excel Sheet- 2 Snapshots. 1st snapshot -data was unorganized format ans 2nd snapshot was organised using Excel sheet. They asked for Excel property.
Que 8- When do use virtual machines

Section 4- DBA question(8-10 questions)
Some based on RAID(1) , clustered index(2 que), underlying database processes(1), database backup(1).How to increase database agent memory(sp_reconfig)(1)

others i don't remember.

Then in last round Director level interview.
2 Expert persons will ask question on your DBA level and release management.
Some questions was like--tell me about yourself,daily challenges faced, what do you daily do, performance tuning ,high availability etc.

This was the end of the process.
They will call you in one or two weeks if selected.

It was totally very pleasant experience and HR was very supporting in each phase.

Interview Question – Last round --Video conferencing.
They will test your knowledge on every question.
  Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details 1st round-general aptitude round
2nd round-HR interview
3rd round-technical written test
4th round-technical interview
5th round-director interview

Interview Question – questions relating to mergers and acquisitions, economics, ratios, projects which i had done in college   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details Hiring Process:
I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Question – How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer

Negotiation Details – S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Technology Quality Analyst
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2013.

Interview Details First Round : Aptitude Test of 30 minutes in which you have to fill some personal details as well.(Cakewalk)
Second Round : Written Test comprising questions from Software testing(Easy)
Further Rounds will be Stress Interviews.(Tough)

Interview Question – They ask real world scenarios.   Answer Question

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Senior Database Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in June 2013.

Interview Details Interview process was extensive, questions were based on your concept, approach for solving problem. Looking for vision of a person. Expertise in your area. Depth knowledge.

Interview Question – Not as such. I was well prepared for interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate since profile that was offered was awesome. What I demanded, they offered while making some part of it as a variable component.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details S&P Capital IQ typically hires from campuses.

First round consists of a written test that test analytical, programming abilities and database knowledge. Database is the heart of the work here and hands-on knowledge is highly valued. Questions will be asked on Relevant work from the resume

Interview Question – How your term project will help in our business   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Through campus. No negotiation

Tech QA Interview

Tech QA
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied at the company's website portal and got a mail for the interview on 21st November.
The process consisted of the following rounds
1. Aptitude Test.
2. HR interview.
3. Written subjective test.
4. Technical interview.
5. Another interview.

The first round is more of a form cum test round where you have to fill in some details and answer some easy logical, quantitative and English questions. The important thing here is to not miss out on any question as there's no negative marking. It's fairly easy.

The second round is the HR interview but it was mostly technical. Just basic questions about testing and what the profile is about and also what u know about the company.

The Third round consists of 10 subjective questions. Mostly are about the various types of testing and about writing test cases.

The fourth round is again an interview which they tell me is the manger level interview.

The above four rounds happened on the same day. I was told the result for the fourth round would be communicated to me within a week. It has been a week since then and i haven't heard from them so far. I guess it's their subtle way of saying, thanks but you haven't been selected for further rounds.

Interview Question – No difficult questions as such.   Answer Question