S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

3.1

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

aptitude test then a HR round where technical was also asked , written exam of all finance related questions and then if u get selected u have another main technical round

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between depreciation and amortization   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 rounds
    1 round : Aptitude Test
    2nd round: HR cum Technical round
    3rd round: 1.5 hour technical round with 4 sections GK, Reasoning, Aptitude and Finance

all of these rounds take place on day 1.
    then they call for final round on some other day if you clear the 3rd round

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Do not expect questions like- tell me about yourself, career goals etc.The HR interview is a technical interview itself wherein they ask questions to test your financial and capital market knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are angel investors/incubators/hedge funds/difference between bonds and debentures/MCX index etc.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

Interview

First round: simple aptitude test, half an hour long
    Second round: interview, basic finance questions asked
    third round: Aptitude test, one and a half hour long, divided into three sections- logic, aptitude, general knowledge
    Fourth round: Managerial interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2015.

Interview

it's a video interview composed of 11 questions. Nothing technical or unexpected. I was asked questions like why do you want to do this internship, what do you want to get from it, what personal qualities do you have that suit this position...
    For each question I got 30 seconds for preparation and 3 minutes to give the formal answer.

Interview Questions

• about personal experience and understanding of the position   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

Very Standard Procedure. Basic Question from Accounts and Finance. Level increases as You keep giving right answers. Two round of interviews followed by a technical round. Expect question from Managerial accounting also although its a bit irrelevant to the profile.

Interview Questions

• Managerial Accounting was also asked although its a bit irrelevant to job profile   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

one phone interview... then followed up with an in office interview. Interviewed by VP then team I was to work with. Mostly behavioral questions, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview

Total 4 rounds.
    1st - simple written test of 30 mins including english and logical reasoning questions.
    2nd - HR interview. (I was asked technical questions in HR interview itself)
    3rd - Written test of 1.5 hours testing ypur aptitude and general awareness.
    (First 3 rounds happened on the same day)
    4th - Managerial Interview.
    (questions relating to oil prices, gold prices, Saarc summit, Derivatives, and general questions about myself)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2015.

Interview

A head hunter contacted me. Had a 15 minute phone interview with the HR.
    We talked about my resume, why I want to work in finance, etc.
    In the end, we talked about salary. My expected salary was not in their range, so I didnt get a call back.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ (Delhi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy process.Firstly there was an aptitude test which was easy den hr interview that was pure technical in financial basic terms and then a managerial interview den directoral...all were elimination rounds.

Interview Questions

• Hedge funds, mutual funds, mergers and acquisitions , spin off, ratios, futures options.etc   Answer Question