S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.1

Research Associate Interview

The process was difficult and it wasnt that easy .... there were 4 rounds.... 1st was the aptitude round... + tell me about yorself.
    Results of this aptitude was out in a day
    then there was an hr round basic hr round.... nd mergers & acquisitions , hedge funds were asked
    Then there was a technical round written on the same day ,,, that was very difficult .. it was a cat type format paper .
    Last was the technical round.....

Quantitative Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in May 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter, had a phone interview with hiring manager. Was called for an onsite interview in New York with four team members. good experience overall, everyone was really nice. Recruiter was very helpful throughout and got feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview followed my small talk and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

Phone interview with HR, then 1 week later phone interview with manager.
    Then 2 weeks later interview with 5 people in office.
    Had to call them to find out status a few weeks later

Interview Questions
    • What was something different that you had done on the job.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2010.

Hiring process is not that easy. It involves 5-6 rounds of interview here a candidate is judged on everything starting from Aptitude to the Attitude towards career progression, and towards the company. Hiring process involves One to One with the HR, followed by two written exams, and then the two rounds of interview with Operations Manager and the Group Director respectively.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult would be the aptitude test and one more written exam as it has lot of business awareness questions.   Answer Question
    This was my first job

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in January 2013.

Mostly OOPs concepts are asked. Unnecessary long interviews.
    1) 1st round ppt
    2) Written test(DB,Algo and some random sections)
    3) 2nd round 1:1 interview which last for 3 hours.
    4) Almost same as second round.
    5) HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty much OK. Some puzzles are asked which are kind of interesting if you haven't done before.   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (Bangladesh)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in April 2014.

easy written test, interview is technical - must have accounting ,financial mgt. and financial market knowledge

less salary

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in July 2010.

A 1-day written exam, doing analysis on a company and writing a short stock report. They provide an industry survey, economic data, and most recent 10-Ks and 10-Qs. After passing the exam, the candidate goes through a series of interviews, usually 4 or 5 interviewers. The offer is usually given in 2 weeks.

Summer Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

The application was online and it took about about 6 months before I got an email to schedule a telephonic interview. Because it took so long, I had actually forgotten I had applied to this position. The manager who called me was a great conversationalist and asked great questions but was not knowledgeable about programming subjects.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Explain in detail the process of software development.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms