S&P Capital IQ Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014

3.1

Summer Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

The application was online and it took about about 6 months before I got an email to schedule a telephonic interview. Because it took so long, I had actually forgotten I had applied to this position. The manager who called me was a great conversationalist and asked great questions but was not knowledgeable about programming subjects.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about S&P Capital IQ?
      Explain in detail the process of software development.
        Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2014.

Two rounds of interviews. The first was a 1:1 on campus and involved a written test prior to speaking with the interviewer. The test was 3 questions, two involving database design and a third relating to algorithms. With some basic SQL knowledge, the first two were fairly straightforward. The third was a little more challenging because it was a very specific question and involved some Computer Science knowledge. The interviewer was extremely friendly and very helpful when I didn't know something. I didn't even finish the test, which wasn't a problem.

The second round was on site and had three different groups (2 were 1:1 and the other had 2 interviewers). Same level of difficulty with questions, just more intense. Everyone was very professional and helpful, not as intimidating as I'd expected. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find all prime numbers less than or equal to some number n?
      Design a database for a set of airlines, airports, and passengers. (And a few subsequent questions relating to your design)
        Answer Question
    Internship, so no negotiation, but salary was very fair.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

The process was smooth with 4 rounds of interviews spanning a duration of 2 days. They scrutinized everything from the logical ability to real-time problem solving skills. Since the position was QA most of the questions revolved around testing, SDLC, types of testing, debugging etc.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Step 1:General Aptitude Test where we had to write an SOP
    Step 2:An HR/Technical Based interview, which lasted for hardly 5 minutes
    Step 3:A Content test containing questions based on logic, analysis and Finance
    Step 4: Managerial Interview

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

First contact was at career fair. That lead to first interview on campus. Second interview was downtown. Third interview is in New York.

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2014.

I applied through a campus recruiter. The process took three weeks, and I was interviewed by two people, a product consultant and a account manager. The interviewers were very straight forward about the position description, the hiring process, and the company culture. Most of the interview was spent discussing my major and qualifications, and there were very few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I do not come from a finance background, so the interviewers really grilled me on how my background fit into the job position.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Applied through campus hiring process. The first step was the aptitude test which was too easy but they eliminated people on the basis of statement of purpose that was another hidden section in the information about the employee.

The next step was the hr interview which was nothing but confidence testing round lasting for 3-5 minutes.

The third stage is the technical test where purely finance and logical questions are asked.

The fourth one is the final managers interview where the person is just tested on his convincing skill to do a boring job. Prepare for that.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

i applied through recruitment process.they mentioned 4 profiles SE,DBA, quality analyst, business analyst. i applied for SE n DBA. first we had ap replacement talk, whch was worst, they dint even make a presentation.
    we had written test for each profile, followed by a GD, followed by three interviews, 2 tech n 1 HR. i cud mak till 1st interview round.
    writtten test was easy. it contained aptitude qsns, c, c++ questions, DBA part had some easy queries n query on date manipulation were bit hard.
    interview wasn't that gud.
    question were very random.
    about TCP IP from networks
    he asked me simple query whch i cud answer, but one of the interviewer (who cudn't even speak english properly) was constantly interupting me.
    mirrror image of binary tree, i answered it
    count no of leaf nodes in binary tree.
    a complex program was asked inn written test he asked me if i hav discussed it with my friends n asked me to re write the program. i cudnt write it, but cud explain my approach, but he inststed to write the code.

Interview Questions
    • how does google search engine work? imean when u type the search string what actually happens. i tried to explain him but in vain.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Started with a basic aptitude test, a small personal interview one on one..basic questions.Next round was another test with questions on financial knowledge, gk , case studies.
    then few more rounds of interviews.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

1st round-general aptitude round
    2nd round-HR interview
    3rd round-technical written test
    4th round-technical interview
    5th round-director interview

Interview Questions
    • questions relating to mergers and acquisitions, economics, ratios, projects which i had done in college   Answer Question