S&P Capital IQ

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details Well the interview process consists of 5 eliminating rounds. Round 1 is a written IQ test, duration is 30 mins and is pretty general. Thereafter Round 2 is HR round, that is highly unforeseen and leads to majority of eliminations, in my case close to 22 people were eliminated with only 3 making to the next round. Round 3 again is a written test of duration 90 mins. Again quite generic nothing specific. All these round take place on a single day. Thereafter you will be called if you are shortlisted for Round 4 which is basically a personal interview, wherein two people of manager rank will sore down your neck. And finally if go get further shortlisted there is the final Round 5 that is called the director's round which is the last hurdle before you are made an offer.
But be aware that many a times they simply land up hiring no one, hence its not certain that someone will get hired out of all that appear.

Interview Question – I was told to define some typical financial terms like acid test six sigma, but these were not at all in line with my academic background.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details The first round was a written round.The paper was divided into 4 sections Coding/C++ knowledge,DBMS/SQL, Aptitude and Design/Testing(Software Engineering concepts)

After clearing the first round the second round consisted of one Technical telephonic interview and one Personal Technical interview.Then final round is HR round.

Interview Question – Possibly Inorder Tree Traversal without using Stacks.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details The interview and hiring process were completed in a day's time, as it was a campus placement.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation. The salary is fixed for employees. Only the management and IT staff can negotiate for their salary.

Product Consultant Interview

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details Applied through on-campus recruiting. Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you had to use your persuasion skills to change someone's mind.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Interview Details 3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Question – how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

BSA Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

Interview Details I was recruited through an on-campus program. I met the recruit at a job, then was invited back for an on-campus interview. Then they flew me out for a superday where I had 4 back to back case interviews

Interview Question – One interview was just asking questions, I didn't need to answer anything I just had to know how to ask to right questions   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Question – Binary tree path sum
find a linkedlist's nth to last node
Cache design
DB design
count the number of bits in a char
  Answer Question

Technology Quality Analyst Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details hai....i have attended the interview in s&p capital on 25th september.. on that day they have completed 4rounds for me(aptitude,hr,written,technical hr) but after they told that they will call with in a week ..can i expect call from them..but i did all the things fine....

Interview Question – technical hr   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at S&P Capital IQ

Interview Details five rounds. 1st one is a basic written test followed by an HR interview, a concept and general knowledge based skill test (written), Technical Round and Directors Round respectively.

Interview Question – What out of Profile, package and environment is the most important factor and why?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details 5 ROUNDS :1st is 30 min aptitude which has english ,maths and reasoning questions.
2nd is HR round where u are being asked simple financial definition to see ur knowledge and comm skills,i was being asked the difference between bonds and debentures,and the reason for currency depriciation.
3rd round is technical writing round for 90mins: has general awarenees+finance question
bussiness description,and hard core reasoning.
4th is technical interview round : where a lot of grilling is done on financial terms,curent awareness and resume.
5th is director round :just a formality

Interview Question – Some questions in reasoning   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ interview questions and advice. All 197 interview reviews are posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.