S&P Capital IQ

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details 3 Rounds of Interview: 2 Technical & 1 HR.. First round comprised of resume based questions and couple of small algorithm based ones.. Second round was completely on Algorithms

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details Hiring Process:
I got a call from Talent Acquisition Team.

They give me an overview about the company & about my role & responsibilities

Interview Process:

It took around 5-6 weeks & I gone through 5 technical interviews , 4 telephonic & 1 was face to face.

Telephonic round covers your basic Knowledge on your domain.Mine was for a Data Scientist,so they asked about Data Models & Extraction Techniques.Make sure to go through SQL.

Most questions were from my domain.

Face to Face was the most interesting & challenging one.They gave me a Complex Problem & asked me to design a Proof of Concept(POC) on it.
It was a good healthy discussion on various real World Problems of Data Mining.The entire discussion was around an hour.

Interview Question – How would you implement Business Sense Identification in a Financial Document   View Answer

Negotiation Details – S&P is a good brand in terms of pay-scale.Usually you don't have the need to negotiate.They pay you what you ask..but not all in hand...get ready for some bonus stuff too...:)

Hyderābād (India)

Interview Details S&P Capital IQ typically hires from campuses.

First round consists of a written test that test analytical, programming abilities and database knowledge. Database is the heart of the work here and hands-on knowledge is highly valued. Questions will be asked on Relevant work from the resume

Interview Question – How your term project will help in our business   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Through campus. No negotiation

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details On-Campus: Written test followed by a follow-up in person interview.
On-site:
3 back to back technical interviews, 40-45 minutes each.
Questions:
1. Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.
2. Given an integer array, return "1" if sum of any two numbers is zero.
3. Use two dice to create a random number generator (0-15).
4. What is a Race Condition?
5. Given a continuous stream of characters, find the first non-repeating character.

Interview Question – Design "Undo" and "Redo" feature for a text editor.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Interview Details 3 ROUNDS :1st is written round comprising of apti,SQL,programming questions,2 code were to be written.
2nd is Technical Interview:1 code was asked,quite grilled on DBMS,OS,OOPS,JAVA.
3rd is Tech+HR interview:concepts from java ,DBMS were asked extensively and HR ques like "where do u see urself after 5 yrs" were there.

Interview Question – how do you merge N files into a single file ?what approach is to be followed?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2013.

Interview Details Had an on campus interview. Took 30 minutes paper test and then went through all the questions with the interviewer. Some follow-up questions from the interviewers are not easy compare to the written test.

Interview Question – Binary tree path sum
find a linkedlist's nth to last node
Cache design
DB design
count the number of bits in a char
  Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in September 2013.

Interview Details One Written( 90 Min- 20 Apti- 20 C and DS- 20 DMBS Queries) MCQs and Subjective +
3 Technical Intervies mailny focusing on DBMS + one HR round

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details I applied through my university's career web site before 2009, and was contacted for the first round interview.

First round - Two technical interviews with software engineers. We were given a paper test with 5 questions that have been stated close to verbatim in previous reviews (find closest common parent of two nodes, reverse a linked list, count # of bits in a byte, db schema, cache design). The interviews are essentially a review of that paper test, and you may be asked to answer a slightly-modified version on one of the questions.

Final round - Two technical interviews and one HR interview. Both of the interviewers were senior engineers, and they asked different types of programming questions that are more or less on par with the paper test in the first round. The HR interview was very relaxed.

During the process, you eat lunch with other employees (with no connection to the interviewers) and may ask questions. My process was quick; I was contacted the day of the first round interview for the final round invite, and I was contacted a week after the final round with an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – -Finding the lowest common parent of two nodes can be tricky
-Detecting a palindrome (this was asked to nearly every candidate when I was applying)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to push back start-time, and slightly change the compensation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ.

Interview Details This varies depending on the level - be prepared to answer core questions about Microsoft tools like C# and SQL Server

Solid knowledge of OO design principles is important and try to be concise as some interviewers will write you off if you keep jabbering.

I did not come across any general knowledge or other non technical questions but it is recommended that you brush up on what's happening in the industry to show that you are motivated.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much. I liked their offer

College Park, MD (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details I applied to Capital IQ through my university's career fair. Then I was given an on-campus interview. The first half of the interview was a skills test. The recruiter walked in, handed me the test, and gave me 30 minutes to complete. It consisted of 5 technical questions pertaining to data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Question – Given a tree, create a function for a getting a sub-tree given P and K.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at S&P Capital IQ

Worked for S&P Capital IQ? Contribute to the Community!

S&P Capital IQ Videos

S&P Capital IQ – Why Work for Us?

About S&P Capital IQ S&P Capital IQ is the powerful new combination of offerings previously provided by Capital IQ, elements of S&P including Global Credit Portal and MarketScope Advisor, enterprise solutions such as… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S&P Capital IQ Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by S&P Capital IQ employees and interview candidates.