S&P Capital IQ Tech QA Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tech QA Interview

1 round of test, 3 rounds of interview, tested software testing knowledge. Good overall check of analysis ability

Other Interview Reviews for S&P Capital IQ

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in November 2013.

I applied at the company's website portal and got a mail for the interview on 21st November.
    The process consisted of the following rounds
    1. Aptitude Test.
    2. HR interview.
    3. Written subjective test.
    4. Technical interview.
    5. Another interview.

The first round is more of a form cum test round where you have to fill in some details and answer some easy logical, quantitative and English questions. The important thing here is to not miss out on any question as there's no negative marking. It's fairly easy.

The second round is the HR interview but it was mostly technical. Just basic questions about testing and what the profile is about and also what u know about the company.

The Third round consists of 10 subjective questions. Mostly are about the various types of testing and about writing test cases.

The fourth round is again an interview which they tell me is the manger level interview.

The above four rounds happened on the same day. I was told the result for the fourth round would be communicated to me within a week. It has been a week since then and i haven't heard from them so far. I guess it's their subtle way of saying, thanks but you haven't been selected for further rounds.

Tech QA Interview

interviewed at S&P Capital IQ in October 2012.

They came to our college for campus placement and the entire process consisted of 5 rounds.
    The first round was a basic aptitude test. Also along with the aptitude test we had to fill a form with several details. Now, in the form there was a place to write about why they should hire you. Be sure to fill this with a good answer. The aptitude questions were easy but by the time i was done with the form there was not so much time left. Manage time efficiently.This was a major elimination round.

The second round was an HR interview. They basically check your communication skills, ask very basic testing questions. The interviewers were very warm and polite. The interview was very short and they did not ask a single tricky question or interrogate much but be careful because this was a major elimination round as well.

The third round was a written test. Here they ask questions about testing terminologies and making test case for various applications like websites etc. I hadn't studied much of testing but still managed to qualify this round. To be safe read about testing and its terminologies and go through sample test cases.

After this they called the qualified candidates to their office located in Gurgaon for the 4th round which was a technical+ hr interview. This interview was for about half an hour. The interviewer started off with some basic questions like introduce yourself, tell me about your family etc. and proceeded to ask some technical questions about various types of testing, differences between them and making test cases. Although this is supposed to be a technical interview more emphasis was laid on the hr questions and i got eliminated in this round. I got stuck in questions like Why do you want to go for testing, tell me about an achievement you are really proud of etc. I started talking about sports n other extra curricular activities in that question and the interviewer didn't really look interested. Also, be very careful while answering the question as to why you want to go for testing.

Anyway, from what i heard from my friends the last round is a short and easy interview taken by the director and almost all who got through to the last round got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Read about testing terminologies, types of testing and how to make test cases.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2012.

Applied via their website. Got an interview call within a week. First round is aptitude round. This is very easy. 30 minutes test. 20 questions. Cut-off goes around 15-18.

Second round is just to check your communication skills. (Hardly 5 minutes, but don't take lightly. They'll tell you about the job profile, salary offered, work shifts etc. Easiest round)

Third is written theory round (8 questions for freshers on core Software Testing. Brush up your skills and 2 questions on making Test Cases. This is a major elimination round.) They 'll filter out most of the applicants. Work hard to clear this round

Fourth round is TECHNICAL LEVEL interview. The questions contains word puzzles (difficult ones), questions from Types of Testing / Difference between basic types of testing, Test Case Scenarios (This is supposed to be a major elimination round too...so prepare well)

Fifth round is easy. Basic HR Round. Why Capital IQ? Why Testing not Development? Ready to relocate? Ready to work in shifts.

Interview Questions
    • I was confused between Load and Stress Testing....and one particular Test Case I interpreted wrongly   View Answers (11)

already had a better offer. Please mind that SOFTWARE TESTING has a limited scope! If you want to go for development, this company is not for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in August 2012.

They took a written exam of aptitude which i cleared
    The HR interview took place which was good
    Waiting eagerly for Technical

Interview Questions
    • Dont think i faced any difficulty as whole procedure was well managed   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at S&P Capital IQ in March 2012.

Written